What law(s) would have stopped the Buffalo shooting?

NY gun laws:
Gun laws in New York - Wikipedia
NY has among the strongest gun laws in the US - indeed, NY has ALL the 'common sense' laws - laws, we are told,. will prevent shootings like this.
Obviously, these laws don't work.
So...
What law(s) would have stopped the Buffalo shooting?
What makes you believe this?
How do these law(s) not violate the constitution?
Red flag laws. The conservative court I'm sure won't go for that.

You need gun laws, then you need decades of cultural change. Anyone who thinks they can create laws, expect results over night and no future incidents, is a retard and has no grip on the subject.

Various English speaking countries are where they are with minimal gun incidents due to decades of gun laws and regulations etc..

The first step in sorting America's gun problem out is ripping up that out of date constitution and drafting a one suitable for the present.
There have been laws against murder since Day 1, and yet it still happens. Why do you think gun laws will do what laws against murder can’t?

They are not say what happened with this case.

But here is an article on it.

See the problem with the law is it doesn't use a name just a numbers from what I gathered.

And it's still being investigated.

See the problem with the law is it doesn't use a name just a numbers from what I gathered.
Incorrect.
The FBI NICS check uses the name first, and then SSN, and then PIN.
The SSN ans PIN are optional; the buyer need not provide either.

Laws don't stop lunatics.
How we can reduce the lunacy rate is an open debate.

One thing I can think of that might be helpful:
Last time I drove through New York state, I saw 9 state troopers in less than 50 miles waiting for someone to go 56+ mph.
Maybe if fewer Leo were delegated to bringing in revenue, and more dedicated to protection of the public?

Forum List

Back