What left wingers are doing to science,,good article

eagle7_31

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2013
The left has pushed us farther and farther away from science and toward scientism. When our attorney general seriously ponders criminal prosecution against scientists who challenge the prevailing orthodoxy of man-made global warming, when universities drive out scientists who question global warming, when the state rewrites historic temperature data so that the revised data conforms to global warming, when the "proof" of global warming consists of what a certain percentages of scientists support, then scientism as supplanted science.

Why has this happened? First, everything today is political, including science. Second, treating the Judeo-Christian religious tradition as poppycock means that the vital check on dishonesty that comes from fear of a morally serious God is nonexistent in the minds of many scientists. Third, as the lust for power overwhelms all decent human instincts and scientism becomes a very simple path to power, the aim of seeking truth fades and then dies.

All of those factors are present in leftism today; every issue is political, honesty is nonexistent, and power is everything. Slowly, almost imperceptibly, we are sliding into a new Dark Age. This grim fact is something many of us feel about modern life. Those toxins in cognition and integrity that are the heart of leftism have infected many other areas of life and are strangling science to death. That is precisely what the left wants.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/06/how_the_left_is_destroying_science.html#ixzz4AkINngFX
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

The left has pushed us farther and farther away from science and toward scientism. When our attorney general seriously ponders criminal prosecution against scientists who challenge the prevailing orthodoxy of man-made global warming, when universities drive out scientists who question global warming, when the state rewrites historic temperature data so that the revised data conforms to global warming, when the "proof" of global warming consists of what a certain percentages of scientists support, then scientism as supplanted science.

Why has this happened? First, everything today is political, including science. Second, treating the Judeo-Christian religious tradition as poppycock means that the vital check on dishonesty that comes from fear of a morally serious God is nonexistent in the minds of many scientists. Third, as the lust for power overwhelms all decent human instincts and scientism becomes a very simple path to power, the aim of seeking truth fades and then dies.

All of those factors are present in leftism today; every issue is political, honesty is nonexistent, and power is everything. Slowly, almost imperceptibly, we are sliding into a new Dark Age. This grim fact is something many of us feel about modern life. Those toxins in cognition and integrity that are the heart of leftism have infected many other areas of life and are strangling science to death. That is precisely what the left wants.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/06/how_the_left_is_destroying_science.html#ixzz4AkINngFX
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
Pigeonholing, at it's best..

Liberalism is a religion, and it is an aggressive religion. If this insidious religion is allowed to grow unchecked and unchallenged it will become just as violent and repressive as Islam.

Liberalism is a religion, and it is an aggressive religion. If this insidious religion is allowed to grow unchecked and unchallenged it will become just as violent and repressive as Islam.
Or Quakers..
If you were as funny as you think you are you could seek a career in entertainment. Unfortunately for us, we have to sit through hundreds of unfunny comments before we can find one to laugh at. I'm just sayin'.

Or Quakers..
If you were as funny as you think you are you could seek a career in entertainment. Unfortunately for us, we have to sit through hundreds of unfunny comments before we can find one to laugh at. I'm just sayin'.
Gotta break eggs to make an omelet, yet we have yet to find anything special about your post, only spacial...

Coming from folks that believe the Earth is 6000 years old and want creationism taught as "science"? The folks who think climate change is a hoax, but believe everything the Shell answer man says? I'd just as soon stick with the liberals that took us to the moon. All conservatives ever want to do with science is come up with better ways to kill each other or make a quick buck.

Coming from folks that believe the Earth is 6000 years old and want creationism taught as "science"? The folks who think climate change is a hoax, but believe everything the Shell answer man says? I'd just as soon stick with the liberals that took us to the moon. All conservatives ever want to do with science is come up with better ways to kill each other or make a quick buck.

Liberals back then were still liberals who put the country first. Today's liberals pay Russia to launch Americans' into space. A HUGE difference, ehh?

Liberals back then were still liberals who put the country first. Today's liberals pay Russia to launch Americans' into space. A HUGE difference, ehh?
I never paid anyone to launch a rocket...

Well, where is the right wing with regard to funding NASA and getting a replacement for the space shuttle? Why aren't they "putting the country first"?

Or Quakers..
Gotta break eggs to make an omelet, yet we have yet to find anything special about your post, only spacial...
Only 300 more to go. Oh boy.

Well, where is the right wing with regard to funding NASA and getting a replacement for the space shuttle? Why aren't they "putting the country first"?

Now that you mentioned it, this is another case where you cannot tell the two partys' apart anymore. (20 trillion in debt might have something to do with it too.......)

I'd just as soon stick with the liberals that took us to the moon.
The moon, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Libya.....
I seem to recall when we invaded Europe during WWII driving through the fronts in our Ford trucks only to find the enemy driving Ford trucks too. The profiteers always seem to be American conservative driven corporations.

The right wing nuts actually tried to prosecute Dr. Mann.

Virginia Attorney General goes after Mann and UVA

No one can accuse Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli of shying from controversy. In his first four months in office, Cuccinelli directed public universities to remove sexual orientation from their anti-discrimination policies, attacked the Environmental Protection Agency, and filed a lawsuit challenging federal health care reform. Now, it appears, he may be preparing a legal assault on an embattled proponent of global warming theory who used to teach at the University of Virginia, Michael Mann.

In papers sent to UVA April 23, Cuccinelli’s office commands the university to produce a sweeping swath of documents relating to Mann’s receipt of nearly half a million dollars in state grant-funded climate research conducted while Mann— now director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State— was at UVA between 1999 and 2005.

If Cuccinelli succeeds in finding a smoking gun like the purloined emails that led to the international scandal dubbed Climategate, Cuccinelli could seek the return of all the research money, legal fees, and trebled damages.

“Since it’s public money, there’s enough controversy to look in to the possible manipulation of data,” says Dr. Charles Battig, president of the nonprofit Piedmont Chapter Virginia Scientists and Engineers for Energy and Environment, a group that doubts the underpinnings of climate change theory.

The Legend of Pine Ridge: Attorney General Cuccinelli's Daddy and Sugar Daddy

I have voted Republican for 40 years, and I voted for Ken Cuccinelli; but now I see that Virginia's Attorney General is persecuting the famous climate scientistDr. Michael Mann on trumped-up fraud charges inspired by the illegal acts of criminals who hacked into a server and stole emails from the Climactic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia. I deeply regret my ignorant vote.

I noticed on the Internet that Virginia's Attorney General Cuccinelli’s father used to be an executive at the American Gas Association–the lobby for the gas industry.

The elder Cuccinelli worked in the Division of Marketing Services according to this March 1986 Oak Ridge National Laboratory document. (See page 78 "#118 Kenneth Cuccinelli" on the External Distribution list for this document.)

Currently the father is an executive at Quest Fore Strategic Marketing, an advertising, marketing, and communications company with offices in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Washington D.C.

Quest Fore gave Attorney General Cuccinelli's campaign 96,332 dollars.

LOL

I'd just as soon stick with the liberals that took us to the moon.
The moon, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Libya.....
I seem to recall when we invaded Europe during WWII driving through the fronts in our Ford trucks only to find the enemy driving Ford trucks too. The profiteers always seem to be American conservative driven corporations.
Be careful, you're gonna throw your back out with all that reaching and stretching.

Forum List

Back