What Makes America Great?

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
America1.jpeg

What makes America great are people who are committed to American principles of individual responsibility, helping others and relentlessly pursuing what makes you happy.

What Makes America Great?
The only thing that matters, the only thing that could ever make anything "great"; the people.

America has never been great.
"Great in comparison to what?", you might ask.
If it were to be compared to what it could have been or what it could be, no, not so great.
If the standard is other modern nations, it is indisputably great, albeit the existence of some other great places at the same time.
Most other places are places where you would not do well to be 'other'.

The telephone, the motion picture, the mass produced automobile for transportation, the light bulb to light up homes, the cotton gin, the phonograph (and its descendants), the airplane, refrigeration, the hearing aid, computers, personal computers, the internet, the fire alarm system, the artificial heart, the traffic light, the GPS system, the Constitution, the chocolate chip cookie and...an estimated 360,000 union troops killed, ending slavery. As to what spurred on many of these inventions, the idea of profit via capitalism, something Marxism/Leninism stifles.
As for any stupid comment about "racism" here, racism is everywhere across this planet and spans all races. It's in the individuals, not a government condoned practice.

Last edited:

One of the greatest pleasures of American life is the FREEDOM to move anywhere one desires without permission or checkpoints. This is such a heady level of freedom it makes me dizzy thinking about it. Right this fucking moment, should I choose to do so, I can drop everything, head out to my vehicle and then drive from Baltimore to San Francisco or any or all or whatever points in-between. No paramilitary government force will check my papers or turn me back. So much freedom it is intoxicating. This is my America, your America, our America. Enjoy!

America has never been great.

Yeah, it has. It's just that some people in it haven't bothered to participate in being great. If you don't think America is great, then you don't understand just how dependent you are on America's greatness to get away with bitching about how not-great it is, and being an enormous anchor around the nation's neck.

Forum List

Back