What Must I Do To Be Saved?

Sealy, no where in the Bible does Christ say to baptize babies...

Nowhere in the Bible does it say NOT to baptize babies, either.

what sin has a baby committed?
Haven't you heard? Somehow they ate the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil before they were born, "Original Sin," and yet it was claimed in this thread that they do not have knowledge of good and evil so they can't be baptized as babies. :cuckoo:

Further to be baptized one must be immersed in the water, sprinkling a little water on the head does not count. Nor does getting baptized as a baby. One must know right from wrong.

It seems one Christianity contradicts another Christianity, so how does one know which Christianity to believe if none of them seem to make any sense???

There was never concept of original sin in Judaism, Original sin was first mentioned by Paul, the creator of christianity , Paul needed to have Original sin so his god man could be the one to overcome it, in other word he invented the cure then invented the disease to cure

read and become educated

Judaism s Rejection of Original Sin Jewish Virtual Library

The term “original sin” is unknown to the Jewish Scriptures, and the Church’s teachings on this doctrine are antithetical to the core principles of the Torah and its prophets.

Does Judaism Believe in Original Sin Outreach Judaism

A classic example of this biblical revisionism can be found in Romans 10:8 where Paul proclaims that he is quoting directly from Scripture as he records the words of Deuteronomy 30:14. Yet as he approaches the last portion of this verse, he carefully stops short of the Torah’s vital conclusion and expunges the remaining segment of this crucial verse.

Compare
  • Deuteronomy 30:14
    But the word is very near to you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

• Romans 10:8
    But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach)​
The question that immediately comes to mind is: How can Paul deliberately remove a vital clause from Moses’ message and still expect to gain a following among the Jewish people? While considering this question, we can begin to understand why Paul attained great success among his gentile audiences and utterly failed among the Jews who were unimpressed with his contrived message.

Although both Paul and Matthew quoted extensively from the Jewish Scriptures, it is for this reason that they achieved a dramatically different result. Paul was largely a minister to gentile audiences who were completely ignorant of the Jewish Scriptures (the only Bible in existence at the time). As a result, they did not possess the skills necessary to discern between genuine Judaism and Bible tampering. These illiterate masses were understandably vulnerable, and as a result, unflinchingly consumed everything that Paul wrote. In fact, throughout the New Testament it was exclusively the Jewish apostates to Christianity who challenged Paul’s authority, never the gentile community. Matthew, on the other hand, directed all of his evangelism and Bible quotes to Jewish audiences.

Jewish people, however, were well aware that Matthew manipulated their Bible. As a result, the first Gospel completely failed to reach its intended Jewish readers. It required little more than a perfunctory reading of the first few chapters in the Book of Matthew for Jewish people to conclude that there was no prophecy in Isaiah that foretold a virgin birth.

Last edited:

Haven't you heard? Somehow they ate the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil before they were born, "Original Sin," and yet it was claimed in this thread that they do not have knowledge of good and evil so they can't be baptized as babies. :cuckoo:

Further to be baptized one must be immersed in the water, sprinkling a little water on the head does not count. Nor does getting baptized as a baby. One must know right from wrong.

It seems one Christianity contradicts another Christianity, so how does one know which Christianity to believe if none of them seem to make any sense???

There was never concept of original sin in Judaism, Original sin was first mentioned by Paul, the creator of christianity , Paul needed to have Original sin so his god man could be the one to overcome it, in other word he invented the cure then invented the disease to cure

read and become educated

Judaism s Rejection of Original Sin Jewish Virtual Library

The term “original sin” is unknown to the Jewish Scriptures, and the Church’s teachings on this doctrine are antithetical to the core principles of the Torah and its prophets.

Does Judaism Believe in Original Sin Outreach Judaism

A classic example of this biblical revisionism can be found in Romans 10:8 where Paul proclaims that he is quoting directly from Scripture as he records the words of Deuteronomy 30:14. Yet as he approaches the last portion of this verse, he carefully stops short of the Torah’s vital conclusion and expunges the remaining segment of this crucial verse.

Compare
  • Deuteronomy 30:14
    But the word is very near to you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

• Romans 10:8
    But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach)​
The question that immediately comes to mind is: How can Paul deliberately remove a vital clause from Moses’ message and still expect to gain a following among the Jewish people? While considering this question, we can begin to understand why Paul attained great success among his gentile audiences and utterly failed among the Jews who were unimpressed with his contrived message.

Although both Paul and Matthew quoted extensively from the Jewish Scriptures, it is for this reason that they achieved a dramatically different result. Paul was largely a minister to gentile audiences who were completely ignorant of the Jewish Scriptures (the only Bible in existence at the time). As a result, they did not possess the skills necessary to discern between genuine Judaism and Bible tampering. These illiterate masses were understandably vulnerable, and as a result, unflinchingly consumed everything that Paul wrote. In fact, throughout the New Testament it was exclusively the Jewish apostates to Christianity who challenged Paul’s authority, never the gentile community. Matthew, on the other hand, directed all of his evangelism and Bible quotes to Jewish audiences.

Jewish people, however, were well aware that Matthew manipulated their Bible. As a result, the first Gospel completely failed to reach its intended Jewish readers. It required little more than a perfunctory reading of the first few chapters in the Book of Matthew for Jewish people to conclude that there was no prophecy in Isaiah that foretold a virgin birth.
Too bad there's no scientific proof that any of the bible was written in the person's lifetime. Carbon dating puts the earliest fragment at several generations after the facts. Please try again.

Acts 16: 29-31-

29And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, 30and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."…

How come then Christians say you have to be baptized too? Maybe that was a different author than the particular bible you read.

And how come Born Agains say it isn't enough that us other Christians were baptized when we were babies. They say that doesn't count and you NEED to be saved or born again as an adult.

Children are indeed born with the original sin. We all are. It was passed on from generation to generation from Adam and Eve. That sin is imputed to Satan by God. And it's effect removed by Christ once and for all.

Sin existed before man. Man was created oblivious to it. Of every tree they could eat abundantly, especially the tree of life. Death was not appointed to us. We were made in our Father's image, eternal. Death is the sentence attached to the crime of sin.

Satan, a gorgeous and talented fallen angel, tricked Eve with her own words.
God said, "Don't eat the fruit from that tree." They could have built a tree house in it and still had been safe, as long as they didn't ingest the fruit.
Eve said, "God said not to eat from the tree, or even touch it."
Satan said, "God lied. You can touch it and it'll be great! Go ahead touch it."
So she did. And nothing happened to her. So she decided to eat too. And everything happened.

Romans 5:12
Why, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed on all men, for that all have sinned.

Because of the original sin we all are appointed to die once. And we all do.
Because Christ paid the price or, fulfilled the condemnation of that sentence for us, death has no eternal hold on us, so we don't stay dead.
Death is no longer an eternal sentence or state. Because of Christ we live on and in abundance. Christ never missed a beat after His death, and in Him, neither do we.
That infant that dies has no sin of it's own and the original sin it was born with has already been paid for on the cross. They go straight up^.

Romans 5: 18-19 So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:
If all you gotta do is accept some guy, ya don't need a Bible dya. All the commandments which say they remain in effect forever, don't mind that stuff. God was only kidding.

To be saved. Just as I am comes to mind. To come to Jehovah thru Christ. To understand the Father as well as the Son. To love it all. To embrace a higher level of existence. To aspire to purity while knowing one's failures but still loved by a kind and wonderous Jehovah.

There sings my soul.

If all you gotta do is accept some guy, ya don't need a Bible dya. All the commandments which say they remain in effect forever, don't mind that stuff. God was only kidding.

I have to ask, how do you come to your assertion that none of the Commandments come into effect? Not getting where you are coming to on that.

Christ came to fulfill the law. That's 101 baby. :)

was mistranslated, this is what the original said

jesus_shaves.jpg

I have to ask, how do you come to your assertion that none of the Commandments come into effect? Not getting where you are coming to on that.

Why do you waste time with this hater? he has no intention of being honest or forthcoming. He hates religion.

Why do you waste time with this hater? he has no intention of being honest or forthcoming. He hates religion.

Not all religions, just the ones who co-opt previous ones to assume an aire of legitimacy (Christianity, Islam, Mormonism, et al.)

When we post as Christians and yes I know very well I am highly unorthodox being a kind of ted nugent hands on Jesus turn the tables over Christian, one day one person looking at the posts may try to discover the Word and set themselves on the journey to Christ.

I think with our hearts true we always have to have our faith open because sometimes just one crack in the door someone might go can I please come in.

When we post as Christians and yes I know very well I am highly unorthodox being a kind of ted nugent hands on Jesus turn the tables over Christian, one day one person looking at the posts may try to discover the Word and set themselves on the journey to Christ.

I think with our hearts true we always have to have our faith open because sometimes just one crack in the door someone might go can I please come in.

People with genuine faith in their religion shouldn't have any problems with little ol' me.

"Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." But I say, "The unchallenged faith is not worth sharing. For just as vigorous exercise causes microscopic tears in muscle, and fractures in bones which then grow back stronger than before, so does having our faith in things challenged, struck, shaken, and scutinized, after which, it reforms stronger precisely because it was attacked.""
- Me

Not all religions, just the ones who co-opt previous ones to assume an aire of legitimacy (Christianity, Islam, Mormonism, et al.)

Do tell.

Acts 16: 29-31-

29And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, 30and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."…

How come then Christians say you have to be baptized too? Maybe that was a different author than the particular bible you read.

And how come Born Agains say it isn't enough that us other Christians were baptized when we were babies. They say that doesn't count and you NEED to be saved or born again as an adult.

I don't know if you've heard, but we are responsible for our own sins and not Adams transgression.

If it had merit, then it would say to baptize them. It doesn't. Biblical baptism comes after one commits to Christ.

Using your logic, basic modern hygiene has no merit because it isn't in the bible. Perhaps you should think your argument through more completely.

For the record, I'm an atheist and so the entire Christian salvation argument is a load of crap to me. Just sayin...

No Bible necessary to belong to the Lord. Just you and God through Christ. Just accept the guy. It worked for the thief on the cross. The thief. The one who broke one of the top ten commandments.

The Bible is necessary for, among a host of other things:
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

The Bible is an extraordinary work of art. God's art, penned by man. The disciples, eyewitnesses to the events in the life of Christ, were killed except for John. They wrote what they did before not after death. And wrote for the edification of the Jews and not one mentioned the crushing loss of the Temple that took place in 70 AD.
They were done writing before that.

You have been mislead if you think carbon dating placed the originals generations later. There was no carbon dating of the originals. They didn't exist when carbon dating began.

Carbon dating has substantiated a fragment of Job as being written during the time of Job's life though, and is the oldest fragment we have.
Tertullian refers to the original letters of Paul still being in the churches they were addressed to in 180 CE.

Last edited:
See what I mean, everybody says something different while all claim to be quoting the same ONE and only God.

People with genuine faith in their religion shouldn't have any problems with little ol' me.

"Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." But I say, "The unchallenged faith is not worth sharing. For just as vigorous exercise causes microscopic tears in muscle, and fractures in bones which then grow back stronger than before, so does having our faith in things challenged, struck, shaken, and scutinized, after which, it reforms stronger precisely because it was attacked.""
- Me

I have no problems with you whatsoever. I find your questions bang on the money and many that I have had myself on a journey to faith.

For me in the search of faith not necessarily to fit in. Good grief in the 60's that would be unheard of from me or anyone else at the time that was liberal I loved the journey of it all.

In the end it was Don Juan for me. Journey to Ixtlan. I have no issues whatsoever understanding my other journeys to being a believer in Christ now.

Forum List

Back