What Nikki Haley’s Supporters Mean for Trump’s Chances in November

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
As recently as last week’s GOP primary in Pennsylvania, Haley pulled in about 17% of the vote—including strong showings in the battleground state’s suburban counties. Those Haley voters, largely insignificant in the primary, could play an outsize role come November in swing-state contests that could decide the election by razor-thin margins.

To win, Trump will have to overcome the challenges the results in Pennsylvania—and other primaries—highlight: persuading voters in cities and their surrounding suburbs where the population is younger, has more college education and higher household incomes. These findings, based on a demographic analysis of primary results so far, mirror Associated Press VoteCast surveys conducted in early primary states that found stronger support for Haley among wealthier voters with college degrees.

The challenge hasn’t gone unnoticed. Last week, the Biden campaign announced a six-figure ad buy in Pennsylvania targeting the nearly 158,000 voters who chose Haley in the Republican primary.

I wonder if the Republicans will replace Trump and go with a safe bet like Haley? What with all his indictments and the fact that Haley is still beating him in swing states even though she quit the race months earlier...

But if the Repubs were that smart they wouldn't have gone with a guy with 91 indictments and, not to mention, one who lost to Biden the last time around.

As recently as last week’s GOP primary in Pennsylvania, Haley pulled in about 17% of the vote—including strong showings in the battleground state’s suburban counties. Those Haley voters, largely insignificant in the primary, could play an outsize role come November in swing-state contests that could decide the election by razor-thin margins.

To win, Trump will have to overcome the challenges the results in Pennsylvania—and other primaries—highlight: persuading voters in cities and their surrounding suburbs where the population is younger, has more college education and higher household incomes. These findings, based on a demographic analysis of primary results so far, mirror Associated Press VoteCast surveys conducted in early primary states that found stronger support for Haley among wealthier voters with college degrees.

The challenge hasn’t gone unnoticed. Last week, the Biden campaign announced a six-figure ad buy in Pennsylvania targeting the nearly 158,000 voters who chose Haley in the Republican primary.

I wonder if the Republicans will replace Trump and go with a safe bet like Haley? What with all his indictments and the fact that Haley is still beating him in swing states even though she quit the race months earlier...

But if the Repubs were that smart they wouldn't have gone with a guy with 91 indictments and, not to mention, one who lost to Biden the last time around.
First thing that comes to mind with young voters is a kid sniffing, demented pervert….riiiiight

1roxz7.jpg

Haley is a whack job neocon who should be in a padded cell. How any American supports that bitch is beyond me.

Don’t compare her to the Almighty compare her to the alternatives: DeSantos, Ted Cruz, Christie.

It’s not going to matter who Republican run if they don’t dump their anti-abortion campaign. Women want their right to medical care, and self determination. Especially the 65,000 who are now carrying their rapists babies, including girls in middle schools.

Don’t compare her to the Almighty compare her to the alternatives: DeSantos, Ted Cruz, Christie.

It’s not going to matter who Republican run if they don’t dump their anti-abortion campaign. Women want their right to medical care, and self determination. Especially the 65,000 who are now carrying their rapists babies, including girls in middle schools.
Where did you get that number from? Your ass doesn't count.

Haley is a whack job neocon who should be in a padded cell. How any American supports that bitch is beyond me.
well look at the republican choices.

It's either her or a dementia ridden fart bag who is so far gone he can't even stay awake for the first of his many criminal trials.

well look at the republican choices.

It's either her or a dementia ridden fart bag who is so far gone he can't even stay awake for the first of his many criminal trials.
You trying to make Trump out to be like Biden is ludicrous. You can't do any better?

I depend on Prog women for revenge against anything we citizens have a gripe about. They will not fail me. We see it in all agendas. They are mad as hell and do not realize what they are mad about. It is better to be the puppet master than the puppet.

No worries, those people will "come home" as the country slides further into ruin under FJB.

Don't count it. I would have voted for Haley or DeSantis. Under no circumstances will I vote for Trump and I'm hardly alone on that.

Go ahead, throw your vote away.

Throwing my vote away would be voting for a repulsive, blustering, narcissistic ass clown who doesn't represent my values just because YOU think he's better than the other turd sandwich. That's literally where you people brought this country, a choice between who is the least decrepit and dementia riddled octogenarian who can get through a press conference without wetting their pants and their mind drifting away to gobbledygook mid-sentence. It's really fucking sad and shameful that this is what has become of the United States and the people who live here. You guys had viable conservative candidates who could have smoked Biden in November without a constant media circus and lawsuits hampering their ability to win. Instead, you chose the worst human being you possibly could to represent your party and when he loses again and Biden gets reelected that will be on YOU. Sorry you're throwing your vote away.

Any “Nikki Haley supporters” who vote Biden were never Nikki Haley supporters.

They can DIAF.

Don't count it. I would have voted for Haley or DeSantis. Under no circumstances will I vote for Trump and I'm hardly alone on that.
Well I'm from the PA demographic that the OP was talking about (college educated) that voted for Nikki in the PA primary. Nikki would beat Biden like a baby seal, with Trump its within "voter fraud range". Yet I can see why so many republicans voted for Trump, to make the democrats go crazy. Have you seen Carville's latest rant? Plus we can defeat the democrat's "Lawfare" against Trump.

So even though many Republicans voted for Nikki in the PA primary, that was to send Trump a message that he needs to mend fences and become more "presidential". His rabid CEO shtick that alienates women won't win in November. Will Trump make nice with Nikki? We'll see. But there is NFW PA Republicans would vote for Joe Biden.

Forum List

Back