🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What one do you think could support human life?

In a few thousand years I bet we have colonies on Mars and the moon....and use the Earth as a massive farm.

Humanity will be smaller though. A few massive wars and domestic chaos will thin the herd.

Why would anyone prefer to live on the moon or Mars? I can see why they might live there if they had to because of their job, like mining Helium 3 on the Moon, but would the go there if they had a perfectly good job on the Earth? Nope.
In a few thousand years I bet we have colonies on Mars and the moon....and use the Earth as a massive farm.

Humanity will be smaller though. A few massive wars and domestic chaos will thin the herd.

Why would anyone prefer to live on the moon or Mars? I can see why they might live there if they had to because of their job, like mining Helium 3 on the Moon, but would the go there if they had a perfectly good job on the Earth? Nope.

Why would have anyone in let's say in 1848 go to America to dig for gold in California, or farm his own land in the Midwest or work in a factory in Michigan or Illinois when they had a perfectly good job as serfs or buggy whip makers in Europe?

Have no dreams, have no ambition, be stuck in the present and you will be comfortable to have no future.

It's not exactly like California or Michigan were environments that were barren and hostile to life. They just didn't have any people. California, at least, has a very pleasant climate. It's beautiful. How does that compare with the Moon or Mars where you will die in seconds if you step outside without a space suit?

We build domes and areas that create the environment. 99% of humanity will likely remain on earth, but 1% will assure our survival.

Why shouldn't we attempt to get to one of these planets? Building the means to do so = jobs and economic growth.

We build domes and areas that create the environment. 99% of humanity will likely remain on earth, but 1% will assure our survival.

Why shouldn't we attempt to get to one of these planets? Building the means to do so = jobs and economic growth.
Domes don't make Mars or the Moon desirable places to live. California was intrinsically a desirable place to live.

I remember reading about colonization of other planets when I was a kid in the '50's. Thought the idea was neat. Now, with more knowledge, I don't think that is that possible. If there is life on the planet, if the planet is earthlike, then almost certainly life will be there, then some of the proteans that it will have evolved will be a lot differant than that we have evolved here. And the first person to breath the unsteralized and filtered air of that planet would most likely die of a massive allergy reaction.
if we have learned enough science to get to another planet light years away,we may just be able to solve that problem too......

January 25, 2015 - Is This E.T. Life-Seeding Technology?

“It is a ball about the width of a human hair, which has filamentous life
on the outside and a gooey biological material oozing from its centre.
We were stunned when X-ray analysis showed that the sphere is made up
mainly of titanium, with a trace of vanadium. One theory is it was sent to
Earth by some unknown civilization in order to continue seeding the planet
with life. ... This seems never before to have been found on Earth (by humans).”

- Milton Wainwright, Ph.D., U. K.'s Univ. of Buckingham Centre for Astrobiology

PanspermiaSeedFromSpaceUK012514.jpg

Prof. Milton Wainwright, Ph.D., U. K.'s University of Buckingham
Centre for Astrobiology, has been launching balloons to around 17 miles (27 km)
above the Earth's surface to sample stratosphere debris coming in from space.

The above 10-micron-diameter sphere spewing material left an impact crater on a balloon. "The impact crater proves that the sphere was incoming to Earth from space. An organism coming from Earth would not be traveling fast enough when it fell back to Earth to cause such damage," Prof. Wainwright told the U. K. January 25, 2015, Sunday Express. "For the moment, we are content to say that the life-containing titanium sphere came from space, possibly from a comet." But no one has an answer for what the "gooey biological liquid oozing" from the titanium sphere is. Photomicrograph courtesy Prof. Wainwright, Univ. of Buckingham.

Forum List

Back