Zone1 What part of the Bible is Chronicles in?

BrickHouse88

Mar 5, 2022
I know it’s in the Old Testament, is it part of the Nevi’im Akharonim though?

I believe Nevi’im Akharonim means “later Prophets” in Hebrew. Chronicles doesn’t sound like a person’s name though.

The Nevi’im Rishonim (Former Prophets) ends with Kings, I believe, which is the book right before Chronicles.

Well if you know, please educate me. I don’t know much about religion.

I believe Nevi’im Akharonim means “later Prophets” in Hebrew. Chronicles doesn’t sound like a person’s name though.

The Nevi’im Rishonim (Former Prophets) ends with Kings, I believe, which is the book right before Chronicles.

have you tried google??

The Book of Narnia, I believe~

Why don’t you go find out the answer then and post it for me if it’s so easily accessible.

I got some answers, couldn’t get a direct answer though.

This should help. If it doesn't your reading skills need to be worked on.

The Torah contains five books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. The Neviʾim comprise eight books divided into the Former Prophets, containing the four historical works Joshua, Judges, Samuel, and Kings, and the Latter Prophets, the oracular discourses of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and the Twelve (Minor—i.e., smaller) Prophets—Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi. The Twelve were all formerly written on a single scroll and thus reckoned as one book. The Ketuvim consist of religious poetry and wisdom literature—Psalms, Proverbs, and Job, a collection known as the Five Megillot (Five Scrolls; i.e., Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, and Esther, which have been grouped together according to the annual cycle of their public reading in the synagogue)—and the books of Daniel, Ezra and Nehemiah, and Chronicles.
The Book of the Chronicles, composed circa 400 bce, frequently refers to the “Torah of Moses” and exhibits a familiarity with all five books of the Pentateuch. The earliest record of the reading of a “Torah book” is provided by the narrative describing the reformation instituted by King Josiah of Judah in 622 bce following the fortuitous discovery of a “book of the Torah” during the renovation of the Temple. The reading of the book (probably Deuteronomy), followed by a national covenant ceremony, is generally interpreted as having constituted a formal act of canonization.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back