What temperature do you set at home

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
My apartment is usually set to 80

What about you ??

I set mine at 77....mainly because it's so humid here.
I'd set it a bit higher...but then the AC wouldn't come on during the day and get rid of the moisture in the house.
Right now it’s at 79

I know folks who set it to 65 lol

Right now it’s at 79

I know folks who set it to 65 lol

When we are out in the camper I set it to 65. The electric and water are included in the campsite price.

Right now my house is set for 73. And our relatively new Trane a/c barely keeps up. I don't think it has shut off since early June.

When we are out in the camper I set it to 65. The electric and water are included in the campsite price.

Right now my house is set for 73. And our relatively new Trane a/c barely keeps up. I don't think it has shut off since early June.
I think your unit needs servicing.
Your evap coil needs to be cleaned and your charge checked.

It was serviced in the spring. It has just been hot in Georgia.
It's been hot in TN too. It was 100 for most of the Summer.
You're unit is either getting old, undersized, or simply needs to be cleaned again and your pressures checked.
Another thing that causes this is people constantly opening doors and leaving them open.
Leave your door or a window open for 10 mins and it takes hours for you to get rid of all of the moisture.
I use a de-humidifier when the days are colder...because my unit doesn't run that much.
2 years ago I replaced my system because I've been living here for 31 years and it was about time to change it out.
My old system was always on all day and all night.

My inside temp was set by the way I built my house.

I'm in a Panamanian rain forest where the outside temp is constant year round, and I'm up in the mountains where that constant temp is lower & more to my liking. That makes my inside room temp about 75 year round night and day. No heater, not A/C. I built the house w/o any thermal insulation.

So it's 75, sometimes plus or minus 10 degrees that I can adjust by opening or closing a window.

We have high ceilings and ceiling fans in ever room so I'm able to keep ac @ 74-76, and 68 in bedroom at night with fans.

My inside temp was set by the way I built my house.

I'm in a Panamanian rain forest where the outside temp is constant year round, and I'm up in the mountains where that constant temp is lower & more to my liking. That makes my inside room temp about 75 year round night and day. No heater, not A/C. I built the house w/o any thermal insulation.

So it's 75, sometimes plus or minus 10 degrees that I can adjust by opening or closing a window.
my guess is you don't have carpet.....because carpet in humid climates starts smelling like feet.

I either set the ac on 78 or 77.
During the Winter I set it to 69. 77 during the Summer.

When I lived in CA I didn't have AC. I had a convection heater in the hallway for cold nights....ceiling fans for hot days.

My apartment is usually set to 80

What about you ??

72 currently. If is going to be a scorcher I set it for 69 with the hope that it will still be 74 or 75 when it is 100° out. The ridge vents they put in when I did architectural shingles started causing me to leak more air than we used to on extreme temp days.

I keep my thermostat at 78 in the Summer and 68 in the Winter

I am comfortable because I am usually dressed in shorts and a t-shirt in the summer and wear long pants and a sweatshirt in the winter

When I lived in CA I didn't have AC. I had a convection heater in the hallway for cold nights....ceiling fans for hot days.
When I lived in CA during the 70s we had a Swamp Cooler on the roof

The temperature of my house varies depending on what time of year it is.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back