🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What The Hell Happened To Renee Zellweger?

She looks fine. Still attractive.

And yes....I am qualified to judge.

She's had the same kind of cosmetic surgery my ex-H had years ago: eye lift. Had the natural pads in her eye sockets sucked out, and looks like some other lipo in her face too, a la Bristol Palin's preternatural face-slimming a few years ago. Too bad, I think it's actually aged her instead of making her look younger.

I think you're wrong. Side by side comparison, the only thing different is her eyes and skin, due to aging.

Jaw line is much more pronounced and chiseled. Nope, not just an eye job.

That's because, as you age, you lose subcutaneous tissue. All bones will appear more prominent in your face and elsewhere once you are over 40. That is just the biological function of aging.

Poor Renee!! I think she looks just beautiful for an older woman. You all should be ashamed of yourselves! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks, and she looks better and is in better shape than a lot of women half her age IMO.

You go, Renee, tell those jealous bitches! :biggrin: Most of them probably don't look HALF as good as you do, girl!

AT 12:10 AM EDT

Renée Zellweger has responded to Internet chatter about her appearance. In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, the Oscar winner says she looks different because she is healthier and happier than ever – and she's fine with people taking notice.

"I'm glad folks think I look different! I'm living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows," Zellweger, 45, says of the attention she received after an appearance at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards in Beverly Hills on Monday.

Calling the conversation about her appearance "silly," she says she is choosing to address it because "it seems the folks who come digging around for some nefarious truth which doesn't exist won't get off my porch until I answer the door."

"My friends say that I look peaceful. I am healthy," Zellweger continues. "For a long time I wasn't doing such a good job with that. I took on a schedule that is not realistically sustainable and didn't allow for taking care of myself. Rather than stopping to recalibrate, I kept running until I was depleted and made bad choices about how to conceal the exhaustion. I was aware of the chaos and finally chose different things."

My face is completely different because I am healthy and happy

Sure Renee

You're just jealous because she looks better than you. Why don't you post a picture of yourself now side by side with a photo from 20 years ago, so we can all pick you apart about how much better you looked when you were 20? :D Sounds like fun, right?
She never said she didn't have the work done. She did, being one of the chubby round face crowd I'm telling you weight loss (she was skinny before) and age don't reduce the chubby round face. In fact we tend to look younger due to it...so get over it already :) What made her unique in the Hollywood circle she destroyed.

Poor Renee!! I think she looks just beautiful for an older woman. You all should be ashamed of yourselves! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks, and she looks better and is in better shape than a lot of women half her age IMO.

You go, Renee, tell those jealous bitches! :biggrin: Most of them probably don't look HALF as good as you do, girl!

Renée Zellweger has responded to Internet chatter about her appearance. In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, the Oscar winner says she looks different because she is healthier and happier than ever – and she's fine with people taking notice.

"I'm glad folks think I look different! I'm living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows," Zellweger, 45, says of the attention she received after an appearance at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards in Beverly Hills on Monday.

Calling the conversation about her appearance "silly," she says she is choosing to address it because "it seems the folks who come digging around for some nefarious truth which doesn't exist won't get off my porch until I answer the door."

"My friends say that I look peaceful. I am healthy," Zellweger continues. "For a long time I wasn't doing such a good job with that. I took on a schedule that is not realistically sustainable and didn't allow for taking care of myself. Rather than stopping to recalibrate, I kept running until I was depleted and made bad choices about how to conceal the exhaustion. I was aware of the chaos and finally chose different things."

Sure Renee

You're just jealous because she looks better than you. Why don't you post a picture of yourself now side by side with a photo from 20 years ago, so we can all pick you apart about how much better you looked when you were 20? :D Sounds like fun, right?
She never said she didn't have the work done. She did, being one of the chubby round face crowd I'm telling you weight loss (she was skinny before) and age don't reduce the chubby round face. In fact we tend to look younger due to it...so get over it already :) What made her unique in the Hollywood circle she destroyed.

Um, you are wrong. Age does take the "chubbiness" out of the face, most definitely. You lose subcutaneous tissue - fact.

FYI:

Changes below the skin also become evident as we age. They include:

• Loss of fat below the skin in the cheeks, temples, chin, nose, and eye area may result in loosening skin, sunken eyes, and a "skeletal" appearance.
  • Bone loss, mostly around the mouth and chin, may become evident after age 60 and cause puckering of the skin around the mouth.
  • Cartilage loss in the nose causes drooping of the nasal tip and accentuation of the bony structures in the nose.

Sure Renee

Um, you are wrong. Age does take the "chubbiness" out of the face, most definitely. You lose subcutaneous tissue - fact.

Why are you so he'll bet on this? Just curios.

She isn't that old, so age isn't really a factor. She has not lost any significant amount of weight, so why would her face only be significantly slimmer?

Sure Renee

Why are you so he'll bet on this? Just curios.

She isn't that old, so age isn't really a factor. She has not lost any significant amount of weight, so why would her face only be significantly slimmer?

Because I like Renee and I think she is being treated unfairly and looks just fine. She isn't THAT old, but she is an older woman, almost 50. Yes, people will see the effects of age beginning in their 40s. That is a fact. Her face is slimmer because of the loss of subcutaneous fat which begins in your 40s.

I've read also that when women begin their menopause, there are SIGNIFICANT changes that take place in the skin and subcutaneous fat layer because of loss of estrogen.

Sure Renee

There is nothing wrong with the work she had done. Unlike many who have a hatchet job, Renee looks wonderful......she just doesn't look like Renee

She had unique looks that added to her character.....now she doesn't

Sure Renee

There is nothing wrong with the work she had done. Unlike many who have a hatchet job, Renee looks wonderful......she just doesn't look like Renee

I don't think she has had any work done (or minimal work), and I believe that the changes in her face are due mostly to aging and not to cosmetic surgery. She has visible wrinkles and her face does not have that "stretched out" appearance that most celebrities who have had face lifts show. Clearly, you can see by the pictures I've posted of Courtney Cox and Meg Ryan, among other celebrities, shows that the face lift changes (eye lifts, etc) are quite obvious.

As people age, the skin around their eyes changes too, therefore the eyes are going to have a different appearance. IF she has had any work, I think it is very minimal and that is not the biggest cause of change in her appearance.

She's ONLY in her forties and she looks much older and awful. Doesn't even look like herself anymore. She should stop doing all that botox. Totally unnecessary.

Looks like she's getting her wish.

The new RZ is obviously more doable to me personally. A more sultry sexuality hidden under those unfamiliar eyes. But in Hollywood your appearance is your trademark. Being recognizable is important. I fear she won't be getting as many offers as she has in the past if the work she's had done doesn't heal and return her to that girl we all are familiar with.

It looks like she had a chemical peel done to remove frown lines on her forehead. I would have to see her on film to see if her personality is the same. She needs a movie soon or she may just have to retire. Then again this could be the start of another career. Who knows. The point seems to be, her old career was unsatisfying to her, possibly unhealthy. We don't need any more Robin Williams stories. I wish her luck. I really do.

:bye1:

Sure Renee

Yeah, it's a shame. She now looks generic, just another pretty blonde.

She's ONLY in her forties and she looks much older and awful. Doesn't even look like herself anymore. She should stop doing all that botox. Totally unnecessary.

Only? 40s is NOT young for a woman! She is not a young woman anymore! Good grief! It is normal that her face is going to change drastically as she ages. It happens to EVERYONE and will happen to you too.

Sure Renee

You chose a bad subject

People who have not seen me since High School 40 years ago recognize me. I am older, fatter and have less hair but people have no problem recognizing me. I have met people I haven't seen since High School and did not recognize them. When they told me who they are, I recognize the eyes. They tend not to change
Renees eyes have changed as have her puffy cheeks
Along with her voice, that is what made her Renee. Now they are gone

Only? 40s is NOT young for a woman! She is not a young woman anymore! Good grief! It is normal that her face is going to change drastically as she ages. It happens to EVERYONE and will happen to you too.
You do realize you are part of the "problem". One one hand you defend her and swear, as if it matters, no work was done. Than..BAM...you defend her because she is old and a victim of age.

Sure Renee

You chose a bad subject

People who have not seen me since High School 40 years ago recognize me. I am older, fatter and have less hair but people have no problem recognizing me. I have met people I haven't seen since High School and did not recognize them. When they told me who they are, I recognize the eyes. They tend not to change
Renees eyes have changed as have her puffy cheeks
Along with her voice, that is what made her Renee. Now they are gone[
/QUOTE]

Hello??? Is anyone home? She is OLDER! That is what happens, whether you see it in yourself or not!

You do realize you are part of the "problem". One one hand you defend her and swear, as if it matters, no work was done. Than..BAM...you defend her because she is old and a victim of age.

What do you mean "a victim of age?" That doesn't even make sense. We ALL age. It is a part of being a human being, or a part of being anything actually. I'm saying that if you closely scrutinize the two pictures. The ONLY real difference is in her eyes, and that could definitely be due to just aging.

Renée Zellweger's Transformation Needs to Be Seen to Be Believed | moviepilot.com

renee-comparison-renee-zellweger-s-transformation-needs-to-be-seen-to-be-believed.webp

renee-premiere-renee-zellweger-s-transformation-needs-to-be-seen-to-be-believed.webp

5eek.gif

No real news in the world today? We're doing celeb crap now?

Forum List

Back