What the hell is a "narrative"?

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
I grew up in the real America, people didn't make up imaginary fantasy jargon to excuse...junk. It was the worst of times; it was the best of times. None of this broke woke "lets excuse mental illness or crime as some alternate form of reality" crap. And the Democrats? They know it's all bullshit, they will pander to anyone to garner votes. Inclusion and diversity? Democrats don't give a rat's ass about any of that or YOU. Democrats will pander to anyone or anything. Get woke and WAKE the hell up. They are scammers and they don't give a flying fig about you or your causes.

Last edited:
I grew up in the real America, people didn't make up imaginary fantasy jargon to excuse...junk. It was the worst of times; it was the best of times. None of this broke woke "lets excuse mental illness or crime as some alternate form of reality" crap. And the Democrats? They know it's all bullshit, they will pander to anyone to garner votes. Inclusion and diversity? Democrats don't give a rat's ass about any of that or YOU. Democrats will pander to anyone or anything. Get woke and WAKE the hell up. They are scammers and they don't give a flying fig about you or your causes.
Narrative =, sweet lies

But everyone knows they're lies ... a fiction ... no one believes Alice crawled down a damn rabbit hole ... no one believes either party cares about you ... we got the government we deserve ...
A "narrative" is not a 'true' lie. It is a "make-believe" depiction. The problem is that many people double down on what they believe, instead of admitting they were wrong.

A narrative is an agreed upon spin of a situation that is fed to useful idiots/MSM to disseminate mindlessly. Like MMGW or 1/6 insurrection.

Not just political parties but a lot of those individuals in politics and government. I have met them.

A narrative is a concatenated series of short stories, reported events, educational 'discoveries', ideological concepts, and/or historical timeline events which when loosely connected in a certain way paint a much broader picture or message than the sum of its individual parts. In short, a narrative is created and nurtured over time—even decades—for the purpose of influencing vast numbers of simple minds; convincing them to change their beliefs, to think, act, believe and desire those ideas their leaders want them to embrace.

A novelist's narrative is a series of scenes interconnected in such a way as to make sense to his readers at the very end of his story. So it goes with history, religion, ideological movements, revolutions and the like.

COVID was a grand narrative. The Colorado murder story is a narrative. LGTBQ (whatever) is a narrative. Every trending news story is a narrative, from gun control to abortion.

All narratives share one thing in common: they are never representative of real life here on the ground, wherever you ground might be.

Ok, boomer :cuckoo:

Not just political parties but a lot of those individuals in politics and government. I have met them.

Narrative, once agreed upon, is what becomes history.

When folks don't agree upon narrative? They don't agree on history. This is when terms like, "conspiracy theory," or "alternative history," come in. . .
(This is why folks don't agree upon things like, "creation," or "evolution," as a source of history or narrative.)

We are really, going to have a very hard time, "as a society," writing the history of the COVID and Trump era, in my opinion.

Interview 1822 - Preserving our History with Neil Oliver

Corbett • 07/31/2023 • 109 Comments

Forum List

Back