what the hell is jessica tarlov spewing about exorbitant profits of Kroger

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
where I buy grocerys Kroger is always the lower price. And I hate kroger cuz the hate conservatives.
if I can skip a kroger product I do. But sometimes i just have to hold my nose

where I buy grocerys Kroger is always the lower price. And I hate kroger cuz the hate conservatives.

No one has ever accused her of being smart.

The I.R.A in particular and other issues more broadly are responsible for inflation.

The average price for Tyson’s beef surged 31.7% in the quarter ended on Jan. 1, while the unit’s operating margins jumped to 19.1% from 13.2% a year ago. Average prices for all of Tyson’s products climbed by 19.6%.
Supermarkets profit percentages are not really high. They depend on turnover. They pass the increases from producers to consumers. Although they may have a percentage of products where the profit is a little higher. Reputation for quality is important in that field and it may vary along with prices.

Supermarkets profit percentages are not really high. They depend on turnover. They pass the increases from producers to consumers. Although they may have a percentage of products where the profit is a little higher. Reputation for quality is important in that field and it may vary along with prices.
Not about supermarkets. It’s about food producers.

I had to do a web search to find out who is Jessica Tarlov. I doubt anybody learns anything from the spewing media.
We do our shopping at Fry's which is the Kroger brand around these parts. Good prices and selection. The nice friendly folks working there are totally opposite of the sour-pusses found at Walmart

Kroger owns Ralph's and Food4Less and several other brands.

Ralph's is generally a high bucks store in wealthy neighborhoods where they have to pay higher rent, so the food is more expensive.

In Burbank for example Ralph's prices are about twice as high as they are at Jon's in Hollywood.

Sometimes I visit Jon's because their produce is a lot better. Anytime I want to make a vegetable soup I go to Hollywood. Jon's in Hollywood is in an Armenian area so they carry all the Armenian pastries and such. But a box full of Moon Pies only costs 2.49 there, as opposed to $6 at Ralph's.

The article in your juump-link refers to profit after operating costs and expenses as 'gross profit' shouldn't that be 'net profit?'

Kroger owns Ralph's and Food4Less and several other brands.

Ralph's is generally a high bucks store in wealthy neighborhoods where they have to pay higher rent, so the food is more expensive.

In Burbank for example Ralph's prices are about twice as high as they are at Jon's in Hollywood.

Sometimes I visit Jon's because their produce is a lot better. Anytime I want to make a vegetable soup I go to Hollywood. Jon's in Hollywood is in an Armenian area so they carry all the Armenian pastries and such. But a box full of Moon Pies only costs 2.49 there, as opposed to $6 at Ralph's.
They run Smith's, King Soopers, and City Market (at least) in the mountain west.

Decent prices and excellent reduced meats...I collect and freeze 1/2 price tenderloins for grilling in the summer when I'm on my ski excursions...Mountain grown beef is some of the best out there...Other than that, I generally will find another store to buy from.

food is political now?....
Yes---MERCHANTS are the enemy. Long ago----uhm ---like 50 years ago when I was young I passed a demonstration in front of an A & P --<<< supermarket.
It was a college town--my college. I asked "what's this one about?" the answer was "PRICES" ----well, that store had excellent prices--relatively speaking. I asked "what do you think the mark-up on groceries is? I was told 300-400 % I said "no more like 10-20 % I know because I have an uncle who does
dairy supply to small restaurants and
groceries (a one truck nitemare
business)---the response ---OH A
CAPITALIST PIG" My college virtually invented DEI ---the sociology dept
was and remains a BEDLAM (old term
for insane asylum. I took lots of
sociologyy courses---EASY A

Notice these libtards only--and often--give one definition of "profit." They'll talk gross profit, but not net profit. They don't discuss the many deeply discounted products at stores like Kroger and Food Lion. That means selling more units, which often results in lower margins.

Plus, then never really discuss the main driver of inflation: money supply. Companies don't willy-nilly just up their prices (if they do, then they are usually slapped down by consumers and/or competitors). Prices increase because the money supply is inflated. And yes, libtards, that also affects producers.

She's going to jail all of them! Off to the callaboose with ya buster and that steak is now 2 bucks a pound buddy boy!

Forum List

Back