🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Was Wrong With Kim Potter Shooting Daunte Wright ?

It is murder to shoot anyone fleeing.
A felon includes someone who bounded a check over $100.
It is murder to shoot a fleeing felon.
There is no way for anyone to make shooting a fleeing suspect legal.
It is impossible.
Maybe that is what you think the law should be but it's far more complicated.
At common law, the fleeing felon rule permits the use of force, including deadly force, against an individual who is suspected of a felony and is in clear flight. However the rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases. State laws vary so the exact circumstances matter. In some states if the officer believes with certainly that allowing the fleeing felon to escape will put the lives of others at risk, deadly force may be legal, putting a huge responsibility upon the officer.

Fleeing felon rule - Wikipedia

When you say you never got an education about police confrontation, how much “education” does one need? It’s common sense that when you are engaged with someone with a gun, you make it clear that you pose no threat. My brother - whose worst crime is speeding - has told me that when he has been pulled over, he is polite to the cop, follows directions perfectly, and when asked to put his hands on the steering wheel, he does so slowly to show the cop he’s not making any fast moves.

Now How hard is that? Anyone with an IQ of 80 could figure that out.
The problem is that many Blacks believe that they will not be treated fairly by the police so they run. Also many young black kids believe they must stand up for themselves when stopped by a cop which immediately creates an adversarial situation.

Parents and schools should drum into kid's head that when stopped by the police, you have got to be polite and submissive. For black kids that are raised on the streets, that behavior does not come naturally.

Last edited:
"Police" is really a vague, misleading term. Female police generally speaking are a danger to citizens and other even police. The reality is police in general do nothing to prevent crime and have zero interest in preventing crime. Imagine a cop explaining to a jewish, trangender judge that he stopped the black guy with the Sawsall under a car to steal a catalytic converter when the perp failed to actually steal the item. Why would a cop bother and possibly get himself in trouble for "racial profiling." Police do, however, harass motorists all the time because of the power they have to write expensive tickets and in conjunction with their state Dept. of Motor Vehicles control ownership of vehicles. Thanks to the Fauci Flu plandemic however there are way, way fewer cops doing traffic harassment.

Last edited:
It has become a common thing to see young black men being shot by police, when they behave erratically, don't keep their hands visible, resist arrest, etc. Police have to protect themselves. It only takes a 1/2 second for someone to pull a gun out of a car console, or from under a seat.

So now Kim Potter is convicted of 2 counts of manslaughter, adding up to 25 years of prison time. This is ludicrous. Once again, the city fathers in a Democrat town go after a cop who shot a black thug goofball, who was resisting arrest, and asking to be shot. From the rather chaotic video, it does show Daunte Wright was resisting arrest, he jumped back into his car, hands disappeared from the officers' view, and there was good reason to shoot him WITH A GUN, following normal police protocol.

I don't think Kim Potter should have even been charged at all, but Minneapolis is a Democrat city, and what should be, isn't the determining factor. What appeases the anti-police, radical element of the black voting population seems to be that. Another bad case added to the growing list (Zimmerman, Wilson, Shelby, Slager, McMichaels, etc)
I have no issue with a justified shooting, but she stated she confused her service weapon with a stun gun. Regardless of the the justification she admitted to being an incompetent police officer.

You're beyond deranged, gramps. :cuckoo:

Yes, he testified he pointed his gun at Arbery running down the road towards him, hoping it would deter Arbery...

McMichael testified that he pointed his gun at Arbery — saying his intent was to get him to back off — and Arbery then turned and ran around the passenger side.
Well FALSE FAUN, I looked at your video that you posted, and nowhere in that video does Travis McMichael testify that "he pointed his gun at Arbery running down the road towards him,"

NOT ONE WORD of anything like that is in your video. So you just figured we wouldn't take the time to look at the video, right Faun ? Right ? Right ?

Well, you figured WONG Faun. I took the time, and the video shows Travis testifying all right. It shows him testifying EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what you said. He clearly denied ever pointing the shotgun at Arbery, other than when he shot him in self-defense. You are a bald-faced lying skunk.

No offense to the skunks of the world.

I have no issue with a justified shooting, but she stated she confused her service weapon with a stun gun. Regardless of the the justification she admitted to being an incompetent police officer.
My assessment of this in the OP, is your response.

"Police" is really a vague, misleading term. Female police generally speaking are a danger to citizens and other even police. The reality is police in general do nothing to prevent crime and have zero interest in preventing crime. Imagine a cop explaining to a jewish, trangender judge that he stopped the black guy with the Sawsall under a car to steal a catalytic converter when the perp failed to actually steal the item. Why would a cop bother and possibly get himself in trouble for "racial profiling." Police do, however, harass motorists all the time because of the power they have to write expensive tickets and in conjunction with their state Dept. of Motor Vehicles control ownership of vehicles. Thanks to the Fauci Flu plandemic however there are way, way fewer cops doing traffic harassment.

If all the cops disappeared, the streets would be running with blood. Maybe yours and mine included.

but if you make a mistake we have a different place behind bars for you to spend the test of your life
She’s not going on prison for the rest of her life.

I mean, a truck driver can go to prison for 110 years for a mistake. You don’t get to walk if you make a mistake that kills people.

Even one day is a mistake and an injustice

innocent people will die because the police will not be there to protect them thanks to liberals

It has become a common thing to see young black men being shot by police, when they behave erratically, don't keep their hands visible, resist arrest, etc. Police have to protect themselves. It only takes a 1/2 second for someone to pull a gun out of a car console, or from under a seat.

So now Kim Potter is convicted of 2 counts of manslaughter, adding up to 25 years of prison time. This is ludicrous. Once again, the city fathers in a Democrat town go after a cop who shot a black thug goofball, who was resisting arrest, and asking to be shot. From the rather chaotic video, it does show Daunte Wright was resisting arrest, he jumped back into his car, hands disappeared from the officers' view, and there was good reason to shoot him WITH A GUN, following normal police protocol.

I don't think Kim Potter should have even been charged at all, but Minneapolis is a Democrat city, and what should be, isn't the determining factor. What appeases the anti-police, radical element of the black voting population seems to be that. Another bad case added to the growing list (Zimmerman, Wilson, Shelby, Slager, McMichaels, etc)
Why not ask her.
She admitted the shooting was wrong.

Even one day is a mistake and an injustice

innocent people will die because the police will not be there to protect them thanks to liberals
Law says that if you make a mistake that kills someone, you’re culpable.

That’s true for me and you. Why shouldn’t we apply laws to the police as well? Can’t we have police do their jobs and also adhere to the laws or is that not allowed?

I mean, a truck driver can go to prison for 110 years for a mistake. You don’t get to walk if you make a mistake that kills people.
Unless I sat on the jury I couldn't begin to comment on the truck driver except to say he is not putting his life on the line each day protecting the public

That’s true for me and you. Why shouldn’t we apply laws to the police as well?
Because we are not risking our life every day protecting the public from criminals

we need the police and if you start locking them up you wont have them to protect you

Because we are not risking our life every day protecting the public from criminals

we need the police and if you start locking them up you wont have them to protect you
Don’t need em now. Or ever.

Gotcha. You think the police are above the law and I think the law applies to everyone.

Fundamental difference in the concept of equal justice under the law. Apparently you think some are more equal than others.

Hundreds of trick drivers die each year on the job.

The difference is that truck drivers are not risking their life for us but instead just making a living

besides they get their when one of the thousands of ambulance chasing shiester lawyers take them to court

The difference is that truck drivers are not risking their life for us but instead just making a living

besides they get their when one of the thousands of ambulance chasing shiester lawyers take them to court
Keep locking up truck drivers for 110 years for making a mistake and next thing you know we won’t have anyone to drive our trucks.

Right?

Don’t need em now. Or ever.
Ok

maybe you are a 30-year old armed-to-the-teeth man who thinks you have enough moxie to deal with any situation

you dont

but even if you did the cops are there to protect unarmed old ladies and small children too

Forum List

Back