🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Was Wrong With Kim Potter Shooting Daunte Wright ?

I seriously doubt that Potter had faced anything in here career such as this. Although she had 26 years on job, most of that time was working on hostage negotiation teams, administrative work, and training. We expect cops to always be on top of their game, but being human that is just not possible. According to recent medical malpractice statistics, in the United States, at least 250,000 people have died annually due to medical errors and negligence. How many of these people do you think went to jail?
If the question pertains to the provider or the doctor I’d say 1%? A lot of layers going on there: with insurance claims and delays and even corruptive agencies training employees on how to delay the claims. We also have pretrial settlements which is likely the way almost all of those cases go so the public doesn’t get the details of the hospital’s or medical provider’s negligence.

Business goes on as usual, unless it’s a case where it’s absolutely so gone so wrong that there’s no way they can cover it all up and it hits the news. That requires the claimant to have the money and the years to fight it. Corporations count on people giving up, and they also know the money factor increases daily with lawyer fees and the like so they often drag it out intentionally. Even if a person is “guaranteed to win” the case, stall tactics alone greatly reduce the number of cases going to court.

It has become a common thing to see young black men being shot by police, when they behave erratically, don't keep their hands visible, resist arrest, etc. Police have to protect themselves. It only takes a 1/2 second for someone to pull a gun out of a car console, or from under a seat.

So now Kim Potter is convicted of 2 counts of manslaughter, adding up to 25 years of prison time. This is ludicrous. Once again, the city fathers in a Democrat town go after a cop who shot a black thug goofball, who was resisting arrest, and asking to be shot. From the rather chaotic video, it does show Daunte Wright was resisting arrest, he jumped back into his car, hands disappeared from the officers' view, and there was good reason to shoot him WITH A GUN, following normal police protocol.

I don't think Kim Potter should have even been charged at all, but Minneapolis is a Democrat city, and what should be, isn't the determining factor. What appeases the anti-police, radical element of the black voting population seems to be that. Another bad case added to the growing list (Zimmerman, Wilson, Shelby, Slager, McMichaels, etc)

Once again, police shoot a young black man and it's always "his fault". You look to give the officers the benefit of the doubt, but when it's a right wing terrorist attacking the Capitol, she should be allowed to endanger lives and attack people, because she's a Republican?????

All I see when you say that is you bowing your head and pretending like a good little dog.

This is what I mean. If you're going to say ignorantly racist things like "the hood is a jungle" why even pretend in the first place? It's such an odd choice. Why pretend poorly when you could be a proud racist? I can only assume you're a coward and a moron. To cowardly to be a proud racist, too much of a moron to pretend even half way decent.

I feel the same way about poor white trash. I think our future can only be brighter when we bury their deplorable culture and unlike you sad cowards I don’t have to fear being honest about that. No one likes white racist. No one is going instigate a summer long, world wide protest on their behalf when the police have to finally put them down. In fact then we'll probably throw the police a parade. :lmao:
That one is as racist as they come. But then, he is a conservative.

Thats your first mistake

blaming black failure on white racism shows you are in deep denial

and then suggesting the hood is an undiscovered paradise of poor but honest blacks who are being held their against their will seals the deal

no one in their right mind would choose to live in the hood where black people put bars on their windows to keep black criminals out and sometimes burn up trapped in house fires

but to escape there blacks will either have to change their bad habits or hope government builds more section 8 housing in the suburbs

I disagree.
Almost all crime and poverty is deliberately caused by injustice, lack of equal opportunity, etc.
Blacks ARE sealed into those ghettos by landlords, banks, etc.
Blacks are not at all the causes of any of the inner city problems.
Being white, I can and have lived in both, so I am sure of what I speak.
As a landlord, I can tell you the IRS regulations and the banks are the biggest problems.

Walter Scott wrestled with a cop (Michael Slager). Scott fled and was shot. Slager got charged (in a black majority voting town-N. Charleston, SC) with murder. Although that charge/trial ended is a mistrial, Slager was charged again with violating Scott;s civil rights and is nor serving a 20 year sentence, while by the "Fleeing Felon Rule", Slager was completely innocent, and appears to have done his job proficiently, when he shot Scott (a fleeing felon)

All these Admissions as you call them are apparently concoctions to avoid worse charges.

It is murder to shoot anyone fleeing.
A felon includes someone who bounded a check over $100.
It is murder to shoot a fleeing felon.
There is no way for anyone to make shooting a fleeing suspect legal.
It is impossible.

I watched part of the McMicheal trial, but none of it needed to be watched. All that needed to be watched was the video of the attack against Travis McMichael, and the self-defense shooting of Amaud Arberry.

Travis McMichael did not testify that he pointed his shotgun at Arberry when Arberry was running toward the truck. He testified that he pointed it at Arberry when Arberry was alongside the truck, and was charging at him.

Faun is a warehouse of misinformation. Sure Potter lied about the shooting being accidental. She knows that the liberal courts in Minneapolis are filled with liberal airheads like Faun, who are oblivious to how police work. They act like any shooting of a black man by police, is murder (or in this case manslaughter), and have no idea about police self-defense procedure. Ho hum. Same old clueless Faun. :icon_rolleyes:

Incorrect.
I saw the videos, and Arberry never attacked anyone.
The shotgun was often pointed at Arberry illegally.
(Conduct regardless of life.)

The police self-defense procedures that differ from what anyone can and should do, is totally and completely illegal and criminal.

True, but in the instance. that degree of negligence can be expected and forgiven.
It all happened very quickly.
A negligent reflex is not criminal.

For example, the captain of the Titanic goofed.
He ordered left full rudder and engines in full reverse.
That is contradictory orders and resulted in the Titanic hitting the iceberg slightly sideways.
If instead it had hit head on, it likely would not have sunk.
But is that criminally negligent?
Of course not, both orders were reflex, and did not have time to consider the repercussions.
LOLOL

The law is not as forgiving as you.

It is impossible.
It is not murder for a cop to shoot a fleeing felon.

Almost all crime and poverty is deliberately caused by injustice, lack of equal opportunity, etc.
Thats bullshit

if you believe that then its impossible to trust any poor person because they have no control over their actions

How fucked up are you to blame democrats for it.

You cannot help yourself but to inject politics into it then slur drmocrats.

She shot him deliberately and the judge got it it right. She's in her place and you're protecting your white colleagues who shoot blacks. What a despicable person you.
No, the trial got it WRONG. Yes, she shot him deliberately, and properly, because his hands disappeared. If he had not resisted arrest, and knew how to act, he'd still be alive. You are just another one of the airhead liberals who are clueless about guns & law enforcement, know nothing about standard police procedure, and then come in here showing off that ignorance. Yes, your ignorant, Democrat, school teachers passed off their ignorance on to you.

Looks like showing off your ignorance isnt enough for you. You also have to show off your racism, by injecting that into the discussion too. This isnt about race. Sometimes, black police shoot people (of any race), when they are apprehending someone, and the clueless suspect allows his hands to disappear. Sometimes a white cop shoots a white person, when that suspect allows his hands to disappear (as in the case of Philip Brailsford and Daniel Shaver).

You have no idea what you're talking about here - you'd be better off staying out of the conversation entirely. Read the OP, and LEARN, ignorant liberal.

If you bothered to watch the bodycam video that was posted almost immediately after the shooting, she pulls her firearm and calls tazer, tazer, tazer indicating that she intended to use her tazer and from her reaction after firing the pistol, it's clear she was shocked that she pulled the wrong weapon.
I stand by my assessment of it. No matter what she said, under the circumstances (created by Wright), shooting him WITH A GUN was the correct procedure. Resisting, and breaking every rule of police confrontation there is (never being taught this subject), he made it impossible for the cops to defend themselves from him.

People in this thread (me too) have never gotten education about police confrontation, as we all should have, but at least I have sought out the information needed to discuss this (and other police shootings) subject knowledgably.

Last edited:
I stand by my assessment of it. No matter what she said, under the circumstances (created by Wright), shooting him WITH A GUN was the correct procedure. Resisting, and breaking every rule of police confrontation there is (never being taught this subject), he made it impossible for the cops to defend themselves from him.

People in this thread (me too) have never gotten education about police confrontation, as we all should have, but at least I have sought out the information needed to discuss this (and other police shootings) subject knowledgably.
When you say you never got an education about police confrontation, how much “education” does one need? It’s common sense that when you are engaged with someone with a gun, you make it clear that you pose no threat. My brother - whose worst crime is speeding - has told me that when he has been pulled over, he is polite to the cop, follows directions perfectly, and when asked to put his hands on the steering wheel, he does so slowly to show the cop he’s not making any fast moves.

Now How hard is that? Anyone with an IQ of 80 could figure that out.

Slager shot Scott 18 times because he didn't feel like chasing him, and then planted his taser on Scott's body afterwards to try make it look like Scott had stolen it.. And I noticed that the black cop who literally stood there and watched him plant the taser on Scott's body wasn't charged. He lied in his report to help Slager get away with it, but was't considered an accessory or accomplice.
1. There is no evidence that Slager "didn't feel like chasing him"

2. The taser has nothing to do with the shooting, or the charges that put Slager in prison for 20 years.

3. Slager was justified in shooting Scott (no matter how many shots were fired) by virtue of the fleeing felon rule.

I agree, I think it is a travesty of justice. She simply made a mistake. Her intent was to taser him, that was perfectly clear. Doctors, motorists, cops, soldiers, make mistakes everyday that results in lost of life and we don't send them to jail. In fact, we rarely arrest them. The prosecution's case was shaky at best resting on a claim of negligence.

The fact that the jury deliberated 4 days before coming to a verdict, she is a first time offender, and under Minnesota law she can be sentence for only one offence, the most likely sentence will be 7 or 8 years. However, this does not negate the fact that she should have never been charged much less convicted.

These actions and others like it just makes it harder for every police force to recruit good officers. You make a mistake as a plumber and a pipe leaks. You make a mistake as a cop and your career could be over and you could end up in jail. Consider plumbing, no requirement for higher education and you can make more than a police officer in just a few years and 10 years out you can be making a lot more money and you don't have to risk your life, be spat on by the public, or end up in jail.
No, it is not clear that Potter meant to use her taser. If she had used her taser, she would have been violating police protocol, and needlessly risking her own life, against the possibility of being shot by Wright (who was also known to carry guns and us them).

Yes, the prosecutions claim were a joke, and were designed to appeal to a largely black/liberal voting bloc. You are correct that she should never have been charged.

You're also correct in what you say about the police profession, and how awful trials like this affect police, and all of us.

Once again, police shoot a young black man and it's always "his fault". You look to give the officers the benefit of the doubt, but when it's a right wing terrorist attacking the Capitol, she should be allowed to endanger lives and attack people, because she's a Republican?????
It is the fault of anybody, when they allow their hands to disappear from the view of police. This doesn't only affect young, black men. Sometimes, whites get shot and killed when their hands disappear from view, and I have posted videos of that in this forum (Ex. Brailsford/Shaver shooting)

It is impossible.
FALSE! Not only is it not murder to shoot a fleeing felon, it is REQUIRED procedure in police departments, and to not do that, is a violation of departmental regulation, because it would allow a dangerous suspect to escape out intoi the community.

This is another example of the cluelessness of the public, regarding guns and law enforcement, and deficiency of "our" liberal MISeducation system. The Fleeing Felon Rule was established in 1984, with the US Supreme court case Tennessee vs Garner.
Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."

"A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force."— Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner

Incorrect.
I saw the videos, and Arberry never attacked anyone.
The shotgun was often pointed at Arberry illegally.
(Conduct regardless of life.)

The police self-defense procedures that differ from what anyone can and should do, is totally and completely illegal and criminal.
I saw the video too, and have posted it repeatedly in this forum. Arberry clearly attacked Travis McMichael - ran straight at him (when he had no cause to do that- he could have just kept on jogging).

The shotgun was NOT pointed illegally. It was pointed only in self-defense, and fired that way.

Self-defense is not illegal or criminal, for police or anybody else.

When you say you never got an education about police confrontation, how much “education” does one need? It’s common sense that when you are engaged with someone with a gun, you make it clear that you pose no threat. My brother - whose worst crime is speeding - has told me that when he has been pulled over, he is polite to the cop, follows directions perfectly, and when asked to put his hands on the steering wheel, he does so slowly to show the cop he’s not making any fast moves.

Now How hard is that? Anyone with an IQ of 80 could figure that out.
Apparently, there are quite a few people out there who maybe have less than an IQ of 80, because they are now dead (ex. Terrence Crutcher, Daunte Wright, Daniel Shaver) as a result of not having figured that out. Some others (ex. Jacob Blake) are paralyzed from it.

All the education one really needs is to be taught that when in confrontation with police >>
1. don't resist arrest
2. don't jump into a car (as Jacob Blake & Daunte Wright did)
3. Keep your hands empty
4. Keep your hands visible to police

Forum List

Back