🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Was Wrong With Kim Potter Shooting Daunte Wright ?

His past history has no bearing on this. She knew his past history and went for her taser. That reveals she didn't think lethal force was necessary. Lethal force was only employed because she pulled the wrong weapon accidentally.
If she was nervous, since she knew his criminal history, she could easily have made an error.
Police are people too, and respond accordingly.

People make honest mistakes in high stress situations

and dealing with knuckleheaded black criminals is VERY high stress

the message libs are sending to anyone think of joining the police force is this:

if you can be perfect 100% of the time for 20 years we have a place for you

but if you make a mistake we have a different place behind bars for you to spend the test of your life

I dont see many good people taking that bet
I'm speaking as a former 14 year deputy sheriff. The officer involved did not act intentionally or maliciously, but she did act in a negligent way.

Right

thats why crime rates are do much higher in the hood than the suburbs

or maybe you like high crime
I'm from the hood and half lost loved ones to violence, it's not a jungle, it's a place of struggling people placed there by racist intent, policed with a lack of empathy and spoken down to by morons and cowards. Maybe pretending as if you were any better than poor blacks has given poor whites some level of comfort but unlike you poor racist whites we actually care about our people and demand the government do better while you clowns have been convinced you deserve nothing and if corporations and the rich happen to trickle a little on your leg that what you should be is grateful. That amuses me to no end.

She admitted she was negligent. She admitted she went for her taser but accidentally grabbed her firearm. That's negligence.

True, but in the instance. that degree of negligence can be expected and forgiven.
It all happened very quickly.
A negligent reflex is not criminal.

For example, the captain of the Titanic goofed.
He ordered left full rudder and engines in full reverse.
That is contradictory orders and resulted in the Titanic hitting the iceberg slightly sideways.
If instead it had hit head on, it likely would not have sunk.
But is that criminally negligent?
Of course not, both orders were reflex, and did not have time to consider the repercussions.

I'm speaking as a former 14 year deputy sheriff. The officer involved did not act intentionally or maliciously, but she did act in a negligent way.
I think prison should be reserved for offenders WHO DID act in an intentional and malicious way

But everyone should be expected a degree of negligence in a reflex.
It is only deliberate actions one should be punished for.

When one is punished for DUI accident, is not the accident they should be punished for, but the deliberate DUI.

Last edited:
"Deliberate" is not a required element of manslaughter.

Yes it is really, in that the negligence has to be deliberate.
For example a DUI who kills someone in an accident got drunk deliberately, so should be prosecuted.
If the person was inebriated due to a medication they were not warned about, then they should not get prosecuted.
You can't be prosecuted for negligence you could not have reasonably expected.

it's a place of struggling people placed there by racist intent,
Thats your first mistake

blaming black failure on white racism shows you are in deep denial

and then suggesting the hood is an undiscovered paradise of poor but honest blacks who are being held their against their will seals the deal

no one in their right mind would choose to live in the hood where black people put bars on their windows to keep black criminals out and sometimes burn up trapped in house fires

but to escape there blacks will either have to change their bad habits or hope government builds more section 8 housing in the suburbs

You freaks should stop worshipping and making excuses for violent criminals
I didn't make any excuses. You literally just made that up.

You guys all like to prop up your strawman dollies to justify your own bad behavior.
And IF YOU want to bring politics into it----
I didn't. You did. I criticized that idiotic behavior by you.. then you respond like this? You fucking freaks are just too far gone. Detached from reality.

Last edited:
Walter Scott wrestled with a cop (Michael Slager). Scott fled and was shot. Slager got charged (in a black majority voting town-N. Charleston, SC) with murder. Although that charge/trial ended is a mistrial, Slager was charged again with violating Scott;s civil rights and is nor serving a 20 year sentence, while by the "Fleeing Felon Rule", Slager was completely innocent, and appears to have done his job proficiently, when he shot Scott (a fleeing felon)

All these Admissions as you call them are apparently concoctions to avoid worse charges.
Slager shot Scott 18 times because he didn't feel like chasing him, and then planted his taser on Scott's body afterwards to try make it look like Scott had stolen it.. And I noticed that the black cop who literally stood there and watched him plant the taser on Scott's body wasn't charged. He lied in his report to help Slager get away with it, but was't considered an accessory or accomplice.

Daunte Wright was not a good guy. He was a violent persistent criminal. He had an outstanding warrent and resisted arrest. However, because of a lack of a quality training program and negligence on an individual officer's part, he was killed unecessarily.

Not all bad guys should be killed. The fact that he was a bad guy doesn't relieve the officer from being held accountable for her negligence.
Oh stop it. This wasn't caused by TRAINING.....her brain didn't function for a split second---her blood sugar, her hormones, her synapes, her adrenaline...something just didn't work right for a spilt second as she battled a violent criminal resisting arrest. The criminal is at fault, not her.

I didn't make any excuses. You literally just made that up.

You guys all like to prop up your strawman dollies to justify your own bad behavior.

I didn't. You did. I criticized that idiotic behavior by you.. then you respond like this? You fucking freaks are just too far gone. Detached from reality.
Duante was a bad guy-----his criminal behavior brought his own death. Stop attacking the cops.

It has become a common thing to see young black men being shot by police, when they behave erratically, don't keep their hands visible, resist arrest, etc. Police have to protect themselves. It only takes a 1/2 second for someone to pull a gun out of a car console, or from under a seat.

So now Kim Potter is convicted of 2 counts of manslaughter, adding up to 25 years of prison time. This is ludicrous. Once again, the city fathers in a Democrat town go after a cop who shot a black thug goofball, who was resisting arrest, and asking to be shot. From the rather chaotic video, it does show Daunte Wright was resisting arrest, he jumped back into his car, hands disappeared from the officers' view, and there was good reason to shoot him WITH A GUN, following normal police protocol.

I don't think Kim Potter should have even been charged at all, but Minneapolis is a Democrat city, and what should be, isn't the determining factor. What appeases the anti-police, radical element of the black voting population seems to be that. Another bad case added to the growing list (Zimmerman, Wilson, Shelby, Slager, McMichaels, etc)
I agree, I think it is a travesty of justice. She simply made a mistake. Her intent was to taser him, that was perfectly clear. Doctors, motorists, cops, soldiers, make mistakes everyday that results in lost of life and we don't send them to jail. In fact, we rarely arrest them. The prosecution's case was shaky at best resting on a claim of negligence.

The fact that the jury deliberated 4 days before coming to a verdict, she is a first time offender, and under Minnesota law she can be sentence for only one offence, the most likely sentence will be 7 or 8 years. However, this does not negate the fact that she should have never been charged much less convicted.

These actions and others like it just makes it harder for every police force to recruit good officers. You make a mistake as a plumber and a pipe leaks. You make a mistake as a cop and your career could be over and you could end up in jail. Consider plumbing, no requirement for higher education and you can make more than a police officer in just a few years and 10 years out you can be making a lot more money and you don't have to risk your life, be spat on by the public, or end up in jail.

Last edited:
Duante was a bad guy-----his criminal behavior brought his own death. Stop attacking the cops.
What I don’t get is how these black criminals continue to defy the police, knowing that, in a very rare instance, tragedy can strike.

Personally, I think this is a lack of training a thing. US police officers receive drastic less training than there European equivalent...

Police in Europe will be a degree course with practical soon, in Finland they are already there... Even after that, it doesn't mean you will be given a gun or drive, there different advanced courses...

I really feel for this Police Officer, she seemed to put in a position which wasn't qualified to be in... That resulted in a dead US Citizen...

This comes off as a mistake to me... I wasn't a juror... But I do think the police dept should be in for a big pay out to the family...

I don't understand a long prison sentence here either... Prison is supposed to be about
  • protection
  • rehabilitation
  • punishment
protection: It was a mistake due to bad training... Can't see any intention..
rehabilitation, how can you rehabilitate a person who made an innocent mistake. What is she supposed to learn...
punishment: The woman made a mistake... But if she wasn't properly trained are we punishing the wrong person...

IMHO, The problem here is the Police Dept doesn't want to address the real problem so blaming this woman is easier than actually properly training a police force...
Potter stated she had not had any taser training whatsoever prior to that day and that is…. mind boggling. Especially with increased gang activity targeting victims of prey at their leisure, increased rioting and thieves getting off scott free, mainsteam media inflaming political and racial divisions to enhance the chaos.

The LSM has played a huge part in all of this by abusing their power of the public message. Most LSM readers and viewers don’t fact check their stories anyway (okay, a guess on my part but I’ll check) so they won’t be improving until they go under.

Citizens without blinders are almost at their boiling point, to demand national news present the unvarnished truth in all areas outside of security issues. We need political unity (even on a temporary basis) among a couple of fractioned voters for this to happen. I look for this to happen soon!

I agree, I think it is a travesty of justice. She simply made a mistake. Her intent was to taser him, that was perfectly clear. Doctors, motorist, cops, soldiers, make mistakes everyday that results in lost of life and we don't send them to jail. In fact, we rarely arrest them. The prosecution's case was shaky at best resting on a claim of negligence.

The fact that the jury deliberated 4 days before coming to a verdict, she is a first time offender, and under Minnesota law she can be sentence for only one offence, the most likely sentence will be 7 or 8 years. However, this does not negate the fact that she should have never been charged must less convicted.

These actions and others like it just makes it harder for every police force to recruit good officers. You make a mistake as a plumber and a pipe leaks. You make a mistake as cop and your career could be over and you could be facing years in jail. All it takes is one mistake. To anyone considering law enforcement, they might want to considered plumbing, no requirement for higher education and you can making more that a police office in just few years and 10 years out you can being a lot more money and don't have to risk life or end up in jail.
If the victim were white, she probably would not have been charged. Leftists are focused only on interactions between a white cop and defiant black criminals.

Potter stated she had not had any taser training whatsoever prior to that day and that is…. mind boggling. Especially with increased gang activity targeting victims of prey at their leisure, increased rioting and thieves getting off scott free, mainsteam media inflaming political and racial divisions to enhance the chaos.

The LSM has played a huge part in all of this by abusing their power of the public message. Most LSM readers and viewers don’t fact check their stories anyway (okay, a guess on my part but I’ll check) so they won’t be improving until they go under.

Citizens without blinders are almost at their boiling point, to demand national news present the unvarnished truth in all areas outside of security issues. We need political unity (even on a temporary basis) among a couple of fractioned voters for this to happen. I look for this to happen soon!
I seriously doubt that Potter had faced anything in here career such as this. Although she had 26 years on job, most of that time was working on hostage negotiation teams, administrative work, and training. We expect cops to always be on top of their game, but being human that is just not possible. According to recent medical malpractice statistics, in the United States, at least 250,000 people have died annually due to medical errors and negligence. How many of these people do you think went to jail?

Forum List

Back