What Was Wrong With Kim Potter Shooting Daunte Wright ?

One of my grandsons was considering being a cop. I pointed out why this was a stupid plan in today’s society. He joined the Navy.

I seriously believe that in many democrat cities the days of the proactive cop are gone for good. Now they just will be reactive and arrive on the crime scene just in time to put up the crime scene tape.

If you live in a democrat city and don’t have a firearm in your house it might be wise to consider getting one. When the bad guys are breaking down your door, dialing 911 may prove a waste of time. You will likely be on your own. Good luck.
They also might consider getting a CCW permit and carry a handgun everywhere thy go. Better yet, move out of that Democrat city/state.

Personally, I think this is a lack of training a thing. US police officers receive drastic less training than there European equivalent...

Police in Europe will be a degree course with practical soon, in Finland they are already there... Even after that, it doesn't mean you will be given a gun or drive, there different advanced courses...

I really feel for this Police Officer, she seemed to put in a position which wasn't qualified to be in... That resulted in a dead US Citizen...

This comes off as a mistake to me... I wasn't a juror... But I do think the police dept should be in for a big pay out to the family...

I don't understand a long prison sentence here either... Prison is supposed to be about
  • protection
  • rehabilitation
  • punishment
protection: It was a mistake due to bad training... Can't see any intention..
rehabilitation, how can you rehabilitate a person who made an innocent mistake. What is she supposed to learn...
punishment: The woman made a mistake... But if she wasn't properly trained are we punishing the wrong person...

IMHO, The problem here is the Police Dept doesn't want to address the real problem so blaming this woman is easier than actually properly training a police force...

She shot him by accident and caused his death. Seems more like manslaughter of the second degree to me, but she is guilty.
Another case of self-defense against another airhead, oblivious to the rules of police confrontations (rules to follow if you want to stay alive that is).

Another case of another lost life due to "our" deficient MISeducation system, run by liberals, clueless on guns & law enforcement.

They also might consider getting a CCW permit and carry a handgun everywhere thy go. Better yet, move out of that Democrat city/state.
I agree. I legally carry and have for 25 years even though I don’t live in a Democrat hell hole and never will. I live in a peaceful little town in Florida in a gun sanctuary county.

1640345034755.jpeg

Personally, I think this is a lack of training a thing. US police officers receive drastic less training than there European equivalent...

Police in Europe will be a degree course with practical soon, in Finland they are already there... Even after that, it doesn't mean you will be given a gun or drive, there different advanced courses...

I really feel for this Police Officer, she seemed to put in a position which wasn't qualified to be in... That resulted in a dead US Citizen...

This comes off as a mistake to me... I wasn't a juror... But I do think the police dept should be in for a big pay out to the family...

I don't understand a long prison sentence here either... Prison is supposed to be about
  • protection
  • rehabilitation
  • punishment
rehabilitation, how can you rehabilitate a person who made an innocent mistake. What is she supposed to learn...
punishment: The woman made a mistake... But if she wasn't properly trained are we punishing the wrong person...

IMHO, The problem here is the Police Dept doesn't want to address the real problem so blaming this woman is easier than actually properly training a police force...
You know that's off-topic, according to the new moderator right?

LOL.

• protection
  • rehabilitation
  • punishment

The bad training is the deficient training you (and me, and all of us) have received that do not instruct us one iota about guns and law enforcement. Consequently, guys like Jacob Blake, Laquan McDonald, Terrence Crutcher, and Daunte Wright, unaware that they must keep their hands empty & visible to the police (and certainly dont jump into a car), get themselves shot.

Actually, the police training is quite allright. In every police academy in America, recruits are trained to shoot immediately if/when suspect's hand(s) disappear from view. To not do that, is risking receiving a bullet, in the span of 1/2 second.

Looking at the video, it's apparent that in his ignorance, Wright created a scenario in which Potter had no choice but to shoot him, WITH A GUN. Shooting him was in accord with normal police protocol/training. Potter never should have been charged, but, as stated in the OP, in Democrat cities cops are charged to pander/appease large black voting blocs.

Another case of self-defense against another airhead, oblivious to the rules of police confrontations (rules to follow if you want to stay alive that is).

Another case of another lost life due to "our" deficient MISeducation system, run by liberals, clueless on guns & law enforcement.
LOL

Gramps, she admitted she shot him by mistake. She admitted lethal force wasn't necessary. Why on Earth would anyone believe a senile old fart like you over her??

LOLGramps, she admitted she shot him by mistake. She admitted lethal force wasn't necessary. Why on Earth would anyone believe a senile old fart like you over her??
She was saying that knowing that she was (wrongly) being charged. It was an adjustment to the situation, which you are failing to comprehend, even after being given the correct information from me. You're a slow learner, puppy.

People would believe me, because I'm telling the factual truth, that even an airhead, pimple-faced, young dolt like you should understand. :biggrin:

If you would have just looked at the video, and knew the circumstance, you should have known the correct analysis, instead of going by what she said.

The bad training is the deficient training you (and me, and all of us) have received that do not instruct us one iota about guns and law enforcement. Consequently, guys like Jacob Blake, Laquan McDonald, Terrence Crutcher, and Daunte Wright, unaware that they must keep their hands empty & visible to the police (and certainly dont jump into a car), get themselves shot.

Actually, the police training is quite allright. In every police academy in America, recruits are trained to shoot immediately if/when suspect's hand(s) disappear from view. To not do that, is risking receiving a bullet, in the span of 1/2 second.

Looking at the video, it's apparent that in his ignorance, Wright created a scenario in which Potter had no choice but to shoot him, WITH A GUN. Shooting him was in accord with normal police protocol/training. Potter never should have been charged, but, as stated in the OP, in Democrat cities cops are charged to pander/appease large black voting blocs.
"Wright created a scenario in which Potter had no choice but to shoot him"

LOL

You're so fucking demented, gramps. :cuckoo:

Of course she had a choice, ya moron. If she didn't have a choice, as you stupidly whine, she would have intentionally drawn her firearm. But she didn't. She didn't determine she had to shoot him. She determined non-lethal force with a taser was necessary. Unfortunately for everyone involved, she grabbed the wrong weapon.

That's negligence and it's manslaughter. Justice served.

NO, Fool. Topics come from OPs. The Democrat city/state point is mentioned twice in the OP.

Were police involved?

Do I have to draw you a picture?

Mac-7 said:
now the left’s blind hate for the police extends even to the women that libs helped push onto that position
'I know, I hated my father and my brother'.
'BLINDLY'.

BOTH my father and brother were cops.
You can't connect two dots?

She was saying that knowing that she was (wrongly) being charged. It was an adjustment to the situation, which you are failing to comprehend, even after being given the correct information from me. You're a slow learner, puppy.

People would believe me, because I'm telling the factual truth, that even an airhead, pimple-faced, young dolt like you should understand. :biggrin:

If you would have just looked at the video, and knew the circumstance, you should have known the correct analysis, instead of going by what she said.
"She was saying that knowing that she was (wrongly) being charged."

Are you ever not senile, gramps?

Ever???

She said that when she shot him, before she was charged. :eusa_doh:

LOL

Of course she had a choice, ya moron. If she didn't have a choice, as you stupidly whine, she would have intentionally drawn her firearm. But she didn't. She didn't determine she had to shoot him. She determined non-lethal force with a taser was necessary. Unfortunately for everyone involved, she grabbed the wrong weapon.

There are plenty of instances where a cop, got in a scuffle, from a traffic stop and not a shot was fired, the person takes off and so does the cop after him.

LOL

Fool. She DID intentionally draw her gun. She is a 26 year veteran, but even green recruits in police academies know what they are taught. Suspect hands disappear - SHOOT immediately, do not risk being shot.

The taser talk is just a deflection. Taser has nothing to do with this, Police training is the crux of it, and she followed that correctly, but dude, she's in a Democrat city. That doesn't penetrate your thick skull ?

Read the OP (10 times)...and come back and report to me. :slap:

I agree. I legally carry and have for 25 years even though I don’t live in a Democrat hell hole and never will. I live in a peaceful little town in Florida in a gun sanctuary county.

View attachment 579272
I do the same in Tampa, and I wouldn't live in a Democrat hellhole, if you paid me a billion $$.

All I personally know in the case of Kim Potter is her name was on every commie news station yesterday and there were loud cheers from the leftists in the Streets.

Which to me only meant one thing....

The leftist media pushed a race card. Slanted the facts towards racism. A negro died at the hands of a white person via a gun.

The negro was more than likely some sort of criminal of some kind. That negro will be treated as a hero and will elevated to MLK status despite any sort of criminality. The usual suspects like lebron will claim blacks are mistreated in America from one of his two palatial 25 million dollar mansions and commie kaepernick will chime in from one of his multi million dollar homes that he pays for with the $50 million dollars he received from Nike who uses slave labor in Vietnam to produce their overly expensive SNEAKERS.

Have I gotten any of that close to right?

Say, anyone even remember the name of the negro that deliberately ran over white people and killed 6 including a young boy?

Neither do I. When is his trial? Will the commie news network cover it? Was his bail lowered like aoc wanted?

Forum List

Back