What Witnesses Should Be Called At Senate Trial?

Senate GOP eyes punting decision on impeachment trial witnesses

Since the Senate is controlled by Republicans, doesn't that mean this phase of the impeachment process is no longer a sham?? I mean, when the impeachment process was in the house, it was a sham and that is why Trump didn't allow any of his witnesses to come testify on the record and clear him -- but this is the Senate now, shouldn't we be hearing from these witnesses with all of this exonerating evidence they have??

"Senate Republicans are considering punting a decision about what, if any, witnesses to allow during an impeachment trial until after the proceeding starts. The discussions would buy more time for negotiations, both among senators and with the White House, about what is emerging as one of the most contentious points of the looming Senate proceeding."

I don't get it -- why would they be reluctant to call any witnesses to TESTIFY UNDER OATH?? Especially if these witnesses we are told, will clearly prove Trump's innocence and implicate Obama, the Deep State, Ukraine and possibly two members of the boy band Hanson....Democrats are eager to hear from Mick Mulvaney, Guiliani, Bolton, and others -- aren't these the people who can clear Trump??

Who do you think Trump should send to the Senate to testify that has the evidence to clear Trump and finally put people like Obama and Christopher Wray in prison??

Those charging the President need to call witnesses to prove their case. The President doesn’t need to call anyone.
They did call witnesses, Mitch McConnell doesn't want them to testify....

Why? Because he knows they will only back up what the other witnesses already testified UNDER OATH to......

But I am glad you admit that Trump never had any evidence to back up his bullshit....thanks

Since the Senate is controlled by Republicans, doesn't that mean this phase of the impeachment process is no longer a sham?? I mean, when the impeachment process was in the house, it was a sham and that is why Trump didn't allow any of his witnesses to come testify on the record and clear him -- but this is the Senate now, shouldn't we be hearing from these witnesses with all of this exonerating evidence they have??

"Senate Republicans are considering punting a decision about what, if any, witnesses to allow during an impeachment trial until after the proceeding starts. The discussions would buy more time for negotiations, both among senators and with the White House, about what is emerging as one of the most contentious points of the looming Senate proceeding."

I don't get it -- why would they be reluctant to call any witnesses to TESTIFY UNDER OATH?? Especially if these witnesses we are told, will clearly prove Trump's innocence and implicate Obama, the Deep State, Ukraine and possibly two members of the boy band Hanson....Democrats are eager to hear from Mick Mulvaney, Guiliani, Bolton, and others -- aren't these the people who can clear Trump??

Who do you think Trump should send to the Senate to testify that has the evidence to clear Trump and finally put people like Obama and Christopher Wray in prison??

what witnesses should be called?

don’t know....

but like with all congressional hearings, who ever is subpoenaed should be compelled to testify under oath.

put it on the record and trust the representatives of the people to decide.

it sucks that the Congress is so castrated

Why? Because he knows they will only back up what the other witnesses already testified UNDER OATH to......

But I am glad you admit that Trump never had any evidence to back up his bullshit....thanks
You're delusional.

No witness testified that they witnessed Trump committed any offense.

Those charging the President need to call witnesses to prove their case. The President doesn’t need to call anyone.

Actually, the Democrats never interviewed these witnesses they want to call. They don't know what they would say at all. They don't even know if they were privy to the phone call in question.

All of the witnesses have made claims of Executive Privilege which exempts them. That claim is still be adjudicated through the courts,so of course they won't say a word, one way or another.

Even if McConnell were to call them, they would still have the same privilege.

The Senate is the Court that is supposed to be just adjudicating this Fake Impeachment. Not an investigative body. Suppose that John Bolton- who I have been told used to play Cap'n Kangaroo on TV- were to testify during the trial. There would be no way to corroborate his testimony one way or another in the middle of a trial. The effort would be pointless, even if allowed.

What witness is that?

Forum List

Back