What's for dinner tonight?

they are going to kill me for this.

I am dead :dunno::eek-52:

dead

Skye,

On a serious note.. Do I sound like a bad man? Would you be surprised if I told you this is how I communicate in real life? There's a internet persona, which you can make up, and the real one that is you. Ones fantasy and ones real. The life of a troll.

You are a very nice woman and if you were my age no clue i you are I would without question ask for your number, because of your heart. That would be all I need to act. I've learned that many of the model types are dimwits, and stuck up, selfish, and greedy. You are neither. I can tell this through the computer communicating with you. I'm that good.

You deserve what you want out of this life and to cook for someone special.

This is me paying you a real compliment. Take it as such. :)

Tonight I am going to the "Garden" on top of the JSB for dinner with friends.

I am making tandoori chicken kebabs ....easy and so delicious

tandoori paste mixed with yougurt and salt and oil let chicken pieces there for a while....insert in sticks and put in oven ....change sides after half hour...

served on a bed of cous cous like I will do or rice...and a green salad on the side...

Yummy...so easy and so good....:smiliehug:I would love to share with all my friends here :)

not mine but it looks like this

Just soup and sandwich.

I baked a ham yesterday, so I thought I would make another meal of it today.

Nothing special about the ham salad sandwich, just diced ham mixed with with mayo and pickle relish and served on toasted whole wheat bread.

The soup was really good. I finely chopped and sauteed one small sweet onion, one small green pepper, one small carrot and four good sized garlic cloves. Than I added a pound of red lentils, a cup of finely chopped ham and six cups of ham stock. The only seasoning was a little bit of black pepper.

I'm having barbecue chicken, corn on the cob and scalloped potatoes. I already made my potatoes yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mandolin, so I had to slice all my potatoes by hand. That is time consuming, so I did all that and prepared my potatoes yesterday. Tonight, I will just add some more cheese and a little milk and melt the cheese in the oven, and good to go!! :)

Since I am cooking boneless skinless chicken breasts on the grill, I am going to be brining them first. I usually don't brine, but boneless chicken on the grill tends to come out very dry, so yeah, I'm gonna do that. :D I will brine them for about 20 minutes, then take them out, dry them and pound them just about even and then cook them on the grill and basting with barbecue sauce.

For my corn, I will peel back the husks and pull out all the strings. Then, put the husks back, tie them (usually with a long piece of husk), and then soak them for about 10 minutes. Then, on the grill for about 20 minutes, turning them every few minutes.

I can't wait. I'm excited about my dinner tonight! Lol! ;)

turkey-neck-668x1024.png

Turkey Neck Soup
  1. In a large pot boil turkey necks for 2 hours.
  2. Peel and chop vegetables.
  3. After 2 hours remove necks, add flour and add vegetables.
  4. When the turkey necks are cool enough to touch, remove meat from the bones, and return meat to the pot.
  5. Add salt and pepper.
  6. cook for 45 minutes or until the turnip is tender.
  7. Add rice and cook for 15 minutes.
  8. May need to add more salt and pepper to your own taste.

My dinner was fantastic. The chicken came out really juicy and delicious. I soaked it in the brine (water, brown sugar, salt and a little cayenne) for about 20 minutes. Then, I took them out, patted them dry, trimmed all the fat off, put on a little salt and pepper and a light layer of barbecue sauce (I didn't have time to make my own, so I used my old standby Sweet Baby Rays honey barbecue), and I also pounded them so that they would be more or less even in thickness. Then I grilled them, basting with sauce every 5 or so minutes and turning them.

My grill is gas and it cooks really hot, but the boneless skinless chicken breasts came out really moist and juicy and delicious. I would recommend brining your chicken before grilling. :)

We had chicken Alfredo and asparagus. Three chicken breasts...browned in a med hot pan with olive oil, salt....then cut onto chunks while in the pan and finish cooking. Salt and pepper..remove from pan, deglaze with a little water (If I had had white wine I would have used it). About 4 tsp butter, add a pint of heavy whipping cream.bring to a simmer stirring to keep from sticking, salt, pepper, then some parmesan cheese...add chicken back, turn off heat. Stir it up. I'm serving kids so we used plebian pasta, thin spaghetti noodles. I mix it all up at the stove and served with the asparagus.

For grown ups, I add fresh mushrooms when I add the chicken back in. I serve the sauce on top of fettucini, topped with green onion, chopped tomato and more grated parmesan.

Sausage soup (with turkey sausage) .

It's very hearty:
sausage, cannellini beans, stewed tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, a whole bag of baby spinach all cooked in chicken broth.

& some good crusty Italian bread on the side.

Sausage soup (with turkey sausage) .

It's very hearty:
sausage, cannellini beans, stewed tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, a whole bag of baby spinach all cooked in chicken broth.

& some good crusty Italian bread on the side.

I forgot to add that the soup also contains tri-colored rotini pasta & shredded mozzarella cheese.

Forum List

Back