What's new in Duhsantistan? Bloggers must register with the state

This is the same guy who abused his own power to take partial control of a company because it dared to criticize one of his pet angertainment bills.

You mean like slander?....Damn, that's gonna crimp your ilk's style sure enough.

That said folks should be held responsible for the words that come out of their mouth.....or keyboard as the case may be.

Public officials cannot be slandered.

you’re shocked that members of the press engaged in business have to register with the state? really? how are they suppose to get a tax ID code?

I am shocked at your stupidity. You do not need a business license if you have no physical place of business.

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.
Is there something wrong with knowing who's paying these people?

It's a long ways from Lake Mary to Tampa..I don't get that. Oh! The Tampa Bay Times, the "Poyntner Institute" commie propagandists.

They own WFLA, too. An NBC affiliate. Back in the day they weren't so bad, and let actual journalism happen. Those days are apparently gone.

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.
citygator supports a society with no regulations, it would seem.

Is there something wrong with knowing who's paying these people?

It's a long ways from Lake Mary to Tampa..I don't get that. Oh! The Tampa Bay Times, the "Poyntner Institute" commie propagandists.

They own WFLA, too. An NBC affiliate. Back in the day they weren't so bad, and let actual journalism happen. Those days are apparently gone.

Republicans oppose campaign disclosure laws. Why shouldn't we know who is funding our politicians? We have no right to know who is funding anything.

It's all part of the new tribalism.

That is so much nonsense. Republicans are the threat to this country. They are attacking our rights. They want to impose their bigotry on us. Republicans are fascists who are turning this country into something akin to Nazi Germany. Republicans are the menace to this country.

If the bloggers are making money off of it it puts them in a whole other category than just you or me spouting off.
That conservatives attempt to defend the indefensible comes as no surprise – this is further proof of the right’s contempt for the First Amendment and their advocacy of increasing the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty.

They probably wouldnt call you guys that if you and your ilk wasnt constantly defending, deflecting or gaslighting for pedos and groomers.
Look at you, for example. CONSTANTLY defending little children having their peckers cut off.
You are a goddamn freak storm. You deserve all the scrutiny you get.

You are the freaks. You want to impose your religious beliefs on others.

Forum List

Back