what's so civil about war anyway?

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
"some men you just can't reach, which is the way they want it..."

we keep hearing about how we're entering another civil war - but what will that look like today? will the left rise up in the streets, set dozens of trash cans on fire and demand trump leaves office?

is an idiot shooting a congressman during softball practice "war"?

is a conservative running over a liberal who won't get out of the way while they protest whatever is unjust this hour "war"?

i can't see a texas militia taking up arms against the army. i can't see california taking up guns at all much less knowing which direction to point them. i can't see us in uniforms lining up in a virginia meadow taking shots at the other side.

so while people say we're on the brink of a civil war - what will that look like on tv? in the history books? will we hear about the brave antifa who finally took off their black mask and set a dozen trash bins on fire in an hour? will we hear about how a group of liberals cornered a trump supporter and that supporter happened to be packing so they used it to defend themselves and now we're in court as to whether or not he should, not whether or not they *can* harass people like that.

will the "pink hats" and antifa masks take one side and the rednecks the other? which side you putting your money on if that shakes out? :)

what will a civil war look like today?

we keep hearing about how we're entering another civil war - but what will that look like today? will the left rise up in the streets, set dozens of trash cans on fire and demand trump leaves office?

is a conservative running over a liberal who won't get out of the way while they protest whatever is unjust this hour "war"?

i can't see a texas militia taking up arms against the army. i can't see california taking up guns at all much less knowing which direction to point them. i can't see us in uniforms lining up in a virginia meadow taking shots at the other side.

so while people say we're on the brink of a civil war - what will that look like on tv? in the history books? will we hear about the brave antifa who finally took off their black mask and set a dozen trash bins on fire in an hour? will we hear about how a group of liberals cornered a trump supporter and that supporter happened to be packing so they used it to defend themselves and now we're in court as to whether or not he should, not whether or not they *can* harass people like that.

will the "pink hats" and antifa masks take one side and the rednecks the other? which side you putting your money on if that shakes out? :)

Pretty much what it looks like right now.
Liberals crying about getting their asses handed to them.

Last edited:

Pretty what it looks like right now.

so when they quit crying it's over? :)

i really am curious. i simply can't see us taking up arms against our neighbors because we're mixed to the core. do i shoot my neighbor to the left and drink beer with the one to the right and ignore the old chinese man who lives across the street from me but always parks in front of my house?

right now the war is being done with lies and disinformation and keep us at each others throats. we used to just do this to ourselves and get our kicks that way but the russians are trolling us now and lord all mighty we took that bait and swallowed like a $2 hookers at a shriners vegas convention.

even when we know they're trolling us we just don't care cause our hate of people we've never met in person means more.

so maybe this is a war and it's already happening. but how does it end? how can we have conditions to end a war we're not even sure we're fighting?

we're pretty screwed up right now that's for sure.

Fires in the inner cities, just like always.

Mimosas on the patios in suburbia, just like always.

i really am curious. i simply can't see us taking up arms against our neighbors because we're mixed to the core. do i shoot my neighbor to the left and drink beer with the one to the right and ignore the old chinese man who lives across the street from me but always parks in front of my house?

right now the war is being done with lies and disinformation and keep us at each others throats. we used to just do this to ourselves and get our kicks that way but the russians are trolling us now and lord all mighty we took that bait and swallowed like a $2 hookers at a shriners vegas convention.

even when we know they're trolling us we just don't care cause our hate of people we've never met in person means more.

so maybe this is a war and it's already happening. but how does it end? how can we have conditions to end a war we're not even sure we're fighting?

You would not believe how many folks are so angry that if anyone says the wrong thing they're liable to get their head bashed with a baseball bat.

Say the wrong thing to the wrong person and it's "POW.... RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!!"

foghorn.gif

You would not believe how many folks are so angry that if anyone says the wrong thing they're liable to get their head dashed with a baseball bat.

Say the wrong thing to the wrong person and it's "POW.... RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!!"

foghorn.gif

yep. and i think that's where we are in relation to what a "war" will look like.

both sides are on edge and both sides hate the other for reasons we don't even know if are true to be honest. i don't trust the media and i've damn sure not met most of the people i don't care for so i'm basing it off a media i already know i don't trust.

very strange position to be in, it would seem.

You would not believe how many folks are so angry that if anyone says the wrong thing they're liable to get their head dashed with a baseball bat.

foghorn.gif

yep. and i think that's where we are in relation to what a "war" will look like.

both sides are on edge and both sides hate the other for reasons we don't even know if are true to be honest. i don't trust the media and i've damn sure not met most of the people i don't care for so i'm basing it off a media i already know i don't trust.

very strange position to be in, it would seem.

:iagree::goodposting:

the total breakdown of law and order is what it will look like. The Antifa weenies will soon reemerge and do their usual thing, smashing windows and starting fires, ganging up on whoever isnt wearing a mask. These "protests" will become more and more common.

Just a matter of time til some negro gets shot by police while committing a crime and BLM thugs will have themselves another go at a Ferguson style riot which will go on for weeks and weeks while the MSM eggs them on and the feds twiddle their thumbs.

Eventually some fed up white dude will put a bullet in someone's brain while defending himself or his property and the MSM will go full retard, command the brainwashed sheep to ramp up the violence. The mobs will start showing up in the suburbs where the normie conservatives think they're safe.

At some point the govt will step in and crack down on everyone's civil liberties but they'll be especially harsh on white dudes.

First stage of the 2018 civil war looks like nothing you can see and everything familiar. Phase one, first stage: military counterintelligence agents farm followers on popular message boards and news website comment sections, organize them into cyber battalions and do what we're doing right here on this forum. The war for expression/suppression of ideas and talking points rages fulfilling in the mean time the purposes of getting your family members and coworkers riled up and thinking differently about their previously held political positions.

Entire months of breaking news articles--many of them factual--are debunked not in public with facts, but in the mind of the consumer. Second Phase, stage one: same thing but this time the cyber units are recruited form social media and video sharing sites so after posting your outrage away on message boards you seek out all the videos you can find supporting your new found beliefs. Perhaps you even start your own channel as a pulpit to regurgitate your propaganda and drum up a few thousand like minded followers in the process. Keep in mind both sides of the conflict are doing this

Second stage. Now that 80% of the citizenry has been recruited already established political direct action groups like Antifa are triggered by some kind of engineered event such as a neo-Nazi terrorist attack on silicon valley or planned parenthood clinics. Command and control on both sides sit back and watch, although membership of activist groups on both sides has been infiltrated by military intelligence agents and direct action special operators--most likely from national guard units because they give off less of a military vibe and have verifiable day jobs and civilian addresses.

These small groups incite riots in strategic cities. The populace at large joins them based on political affiliation and now conditions have been met for mobilizing the national guard and soon after, active duty forces. Due to our current political climate the Left would be the insurrectionists. Now that they are revealed and rioting in the streets, the regular army hunts them down while military infiltrators take them apart from within.

Second stage: phase two: political warfare on Capitol Hill as the Left uses moles in the executive branch and justice department to direct law enforcement and domestic intelligence agencies to first surveil and then arrest opposition Republican US reps, cabinet members and agency directors.

Despite overwhelming support of the military for POTUS and a small percentage of defectors from the ranks for political and personal reasons, Left and Right battle to a stalemate, call for an end to hostilities and negotiate a truce in which both sides keep equal power in government. After all the fighting not much changes.

We shake hands and go back to posting on message boards.

the total breakdown of law and order is what it will look like. The Antifa weenies will soon reemerge and do their usual thing, smashing windows and starting fires, ganging up on whoever isnt wearing a mask. These "protests" will become more and more common.

Just a matter of time til some negro gets shot by police while committing a crime and BLM thugs will have themselves another go at a Ferguson style riot which will go on for weeks and weeks while the MSM eggs them on and the feds twiddle their thumbs.

Eventually some fed up white dude will put a bullet in someone's brain while defending himself or his property and the MSM will go full retard, command the brainwashed sheep to ramp up the violence. The mobs will start showing up in the suburbs where the normie conservatives think they're safe.

At some point the govt will step in and crack down on everyone's civil liberties but they'll be especially harsh on white dudes.
in no way am i advocating responses - but these are responses i can see from the times we're in.

antifa - they go light up a trash can and wear black masks and the right is tired of it and shoots a few. i don't see the anti-fa coming back out after that but i can see them doing midnight bombings of notable conservative property. then one gets caught doing that and gets shot.

war shifts to courts.

and the protests will get violent and people will get hurt. why? can we even answer that on a truthful basis? what can be done to make these people stop feeling the way they do except growing out of it on their own? painfully at times as well.

in no way am i advocating responses - but these are responses i can see from the times we're in.

antifa - they go light up a trash can and wear black masks and the right is tired of it and shoots a few. i don't see the anti-fa coming back out after that but i can see them doing midnight bombings of notable conservative property. then one gets caught doing that and gets shot.

war shifts to courts.

and the protests will get violent and people will get hurt. why? can we even answer that on a truthful basis? what can be done to make these people stop feeling the way they do except growing out of it on their own? painfully at times as well.
What happened to those on the right, are they like totally pacified or do they also have groups which misbehave or protest when not needed, maybe sometimes violently?

I read a lot of history and so I have been thinking about this issue since 2016 when it started.

Civil wars are the worst, but there are lots of other ways for countries to break up: military takeovers, revolution, secession, coup d'état, assassination, conquest of the capital and the officials in it. The American "revolution" (a later French term) was in fact a colonial uprising.

None of that is happening right now. If any of them DO happen, it will be very fast: in a morning, in two days. It's always that way and it has to be, because if it were slow..............people would stop it. We'll know it when we see it. (Comey was trying for a coup, IMO, but he was too slow.)

What's going on now is just the on-edge period before hostilities, assuming it goes on in that direction. It could sag back into less hostility: that's what happened in 1932 and in 1968. The revolutions didn't happen.

If we go over the edge -- the storming of the Bastille, Yeltsin on the tank, Lexington-Concord -- remember it's not war until at least hundreds, probably thousands, die. But I don't see how we can have a revolution, because every revolution ALWAYS involves food shortages, always. And unless there's the fabled EMP strike or total financial system breakdown, we ain't gonna have a problem with food in this country.

It won't be black riots; we're used to that, and they have little power. It'll be something involving whites and something fast involving a takeover, coup, secession, that sort of thing.

We are so overdue, historically. Whoever heard of a country this size lasting so long? it's been 154 years since the last time we broke up. 84 years before that for the previous breakup. There were others before, but we've forgotten. (The Dutch, for instance.) Yeah, we're on the edge of something, but probably not really civil war or revolution per se, unless there is major societal breakdown, prepper-style, beforehand.

war shifts to courts.

What happened to those on the right, are they like totally pacified or do they also have groups which misbehave or protest when not needed, maybe sometimes violently?
bring up activities the right is doing and let's talk about them.

in this instance, we know what the antifa is and what they do, so we talked about them and some responses they may have to being tired of the bullshit.

now if "the right" is out there blocking free speech and setting trash bins on fire link us up and let's talk about how stupid that is also.

I read a lot of history and so I have been thinking about this issue since 2016 when it started.

Civil wars are the worst, but there are lots of other ways for countries to break up: military takeovers, revolution, secession, coup d'état, assassination, conquest of the capital and the officials in it. The American "revolution" (a later French term) was in fact a colonial uprising.

None of that is happening right now. If any of them DO happen, it will be very fast: in a morning, in two days. It's always that way and it has to be, because if it were slow..............people would stop it. We'll know it when we see it. (Comey was trying for a coup, IMO, but he was too slow.)

What's going on now is just the on-edge period before hostilities, assuming it goes on in that direction. It could sag back into less hostility: that's what happened in 1932 and in 1968. The revolutions didn't happen.

If we go over the edge -- the storming of the Bastille, Yeltsin on the tank, Lexington-Concord -- remember it's not war until at least hundreds, probably thousands, die. But I don't see how we can have a revolution, because every revolution ALWAYS involves food shortages, always. And unless there's the fabled EMP strike or total financial system breakdown, we ain't gonna have a problem with food in this country.

It won't be black riots; we're used to that, and they have little power. It'll be something involving whites and something fast involving a takeover, coup, secession, that sort of thing.

We are so overdue, historically. Whoever heard of a country this size lasting so long? it's been 154 years since the last time we broke up. 84 years before that for the previous breakup. There were others before, but we've forgotten. (The Dutch, for instance.) Yeah, we're on the edge of something, but probably not really civil war or revolution per se, unless there is major societal breakdown, prepper-style, beforehand.
very good points. appreciate the perspective.

Forum List

Back