What's The Point Of Daylight Savings Time?

Do You Think We Need Daylight Savings Time?

• Total voters
Just curious since it's this weekend. I know that the dark and light changes from the fall to the spring, but does it really matter what the time on the clock says?

I have the answer 😫😫

Daylight savings was very important before electricity

You shift an extra hour of light from am to pm

Texas is supposed to end this bull shit next year.
I've heard all kinds of reasons for daylight savings but none have been verified.

The majority of red-blooded Americans want PERMANENT daylight savings, not its elimination.

DST provides us with additional daylight after work, after dinner, in order to play games, go for a walk, sit in the grass.

I don't think it ever had anything to do with farmers...that's the classic American school year, not DST.
The problem nowadays is with school kids.

It is darker later in the morning. A lot of kids have to wait for the school bus in the dark or go to school when it is dark. It is more dangerous.

Adjusting DST make it lighter in the morning and helps the kids.

Well I don't know about that lol as we can't actually control the daylight just the clocks. (Who haven't always existed btw. Again, what about the rooster crowing back in the old days?)
A clock is a "who"?

The senate passed a bill to make DST permanent - all year round. This means that school children will be going to their bus stops in the dark for most of the year. On the otherhand, it will help save energy (maybe).

Usually, all the late night creeps are still wandering the streets up until dawn, which increases that chances of school children being harassed or worse.

If anything, congress should make standard time permanent or leave it as is. We no longer need Daylight savings time in the summer.

Forum List

Back