What's Up With Blacks And Hispanics?

What is it with the left with RACE and GAYS? WHY so fixated? Why herd people into groups?

So why in the world are Blacks and Hispanics opposing gay marriage? One with intelligence and compassion within their psyche would think, at the minimum, anyone who has faced a history of prejudice in this country would think twice before opposing the same civil rights they were denied in their recent history.

Is it religion? Are the God of the black man and the God of the hispanic man telling them to do this?
Regardless of race or ethnic background, many of us do not support nor acknowledge gay marriage because of our religious beliefs. Renouncing our faith is not an option.

In one of Silly Steve and Silly Silhouette's gay threads today (I don't remember which one of the twenty it is), Silly Steve bemoans the gay community for demanding that a black nominee support gay marriage.

It made me think of something I read a few years ago that's quite dead on.

What?s Up With Blacks and Hispanics? | Welcome to My World

Homosexuality as a matter of character by those you mention in your OP. "I was born black. I can't change that," one California man explained after voting for Proposition 8. "They weren't born gay; they chose it."

And many believe gays comparing their plight to their own is glossing over the facts, enduring slavery, beatings, losing of country and families, etc.

Wade Henderson, the president of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, noted the existence of phrases like “gay is the new black” and said that attempts to equate the persecution of gay and black Americans can be “deeply offensive.”

African-Americans were enslaved. And during their brutal struggle for justice, they couldn’t make a secret of what set them apart from others, said Henderson, who supports same-sex marriage, during a phone interview Friday.

When gay men and lesbians glide over such details, he said, it feels “inherently disrespectful to the black experience in this country.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/01/opinion/bruni-same-sex-marriage-and-blacks.html

Last edited:
Why a gay-rights OP with a signature cartoon that implicitly endorses gene surgery to eliminate future gays? Not snark I find that confusing.

Forum List

Back