When did THAT song become a hit? I never heard it before!

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
When did THAT song become a hit? I never heard it before!

Two songs that seem to have been hits without my ever having heard them once until long after they'd gone out of regular airplay are...

Wild Wild West by The Escape Club

And, Sister Christian by Night Ranger

[ame=http://youtu.be/bVey-358Vcc]Sister Christian- Night Ranger with lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

And I don't particularly like either one.

There HAVE, however, been songs I only heard after they'd slid from their peak of popularity which I become enamoured of.

They escape me at the moment, but I know there is at least one or two which will come to me later.

How about you?

What songs did you not listen to at all and only later found out that they became hits without your ever knowing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
The next question is: HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Night Ranger had a few hits in the 80s, and they are still touring, quite often with Journey. Sister Christian was probably their biggest hit.

Wild, Wild West was a one hit wonder for The Escape Club, in the mid-80s.

I can't think of ANY songs that I discovered well after they were popular.

I don't listen to ANY of the GARBAGE that passes as "music" in today's warped world.

After the early 90s, I quit listening to what "music" had become.

Night Ranger had a few hits in the 80s, and they are still touring, quite often with Journey. Sister Christian was probably their biggest hit.

I don't listen to ANY of the GARBAGE that passes as "music" in today's warped world.

You sound like you were around for Louis Armstrong's original release of...

You sound like you were around for Louis Armstrong's original release of...

As a matter of fact, I was around in the late 60s when Louie Armstrong had that big hit. In fact, I had the ALBUM.

The good old days. When the chrome was thick and the women were STRAIGHT.

Led Zeppelin had a pretty big hit with 'Stairway to Heaven' too, you might want to check that one out if you have the time.

Forum List

Back