🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.” D.J. Trump, Jan.20, 2017

CFz9jtt.png

I do not want Fascism to succeed.
Then perhaps you should move to North Korea, learn what real fascism is before comparing Trump to a fascist.
Tramp is a Fascist's Fascist who also praises the North Korean Dictator, like he does Putin.
. You people keep wishing for this.. Why ? You best hope he's not what you try and say he is, because if he is then it sucks to be you.
It sucks to be a patriot in a country ruled by the Fascist Tramp.
You can move somewhere else in the world you know.
Patriots do not run!

I think if you believe he was being sincere when he said that, then you are his intended audience.

Congratulations.

When can we expect you to let go of your prejudice?
Is patriotism a prejudice? I believe the statement and the thoughts behind it. If all citizens loved this country, their hearts would be in unison with others and we'd have a commonality between us.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.”

What did you think of this statement? I thought it was great. To me, it meant we all must love our country and with that love, prejudice dwindles. We can all get along when we want the country to succeed.

It's ridiculous. Patriotism is blindly following, do as you're told by the government. So, he made some claim that the people are finally in charge of the country, as if he represents the people and all other presidents didn't. Er... what the fuck? Then he's basically saying that everyone should do what the government tells them to do. That's a massive contradiction.
When we a fledgling country be hammered out by our founding fathers, their was a love for our country, and although I was not around for World War I or II, I believe patriotism was at it's height. Just as it was when the Twin Towers were attacked and brought down. People came together and were not divided. What a marvelous time it was. Patriotism is not blindly following. Blinding following a political ideologue without questioning it's integrity and authenticity is. Fighting between ourselves is misplaced. Look for those who can benefit all the people in the country, not just some.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.”

What did you think of this statement? I thought it was great. To me, it meant we all must love our country and with that love, prejudice dwindles. We can all get along when we want the country to succeed.

It's ridiculous. Patriotism is blindly following, do as you're told by the government. So, he made some claim that the people are finally in charge of the country, as if he represents the people and all other presidents didn't. Er... what the fuck? Then he's basically saying that everyone should do what the government tells them to do. That's a massive contradiction.
When we a fledgling country be hammered out by our founding fathers, their was a love for our country, and although I was not around for World War I or II, I believe patriotism was at it's height. Just as it was when the Twin Towers were attacked and brought down. People came together and were not divided. What a marvelous time it was. Patriotism is not blindly following. Blinding following a political ideologue without questioning it's integrity and authenticity is. Fighting between ourselves is misplaced. Look for those who can benefit all the people in the country, not just some.

What is patriotism?

Love for you country? A Communist who loves their country wants their country to be a Communist state. A Fascist who loves their country wants it to be a Fascist country. And so on and on and on. Patriotism as a word doesn't mean very much at all. What it is used as is a tool. Mostly by the right, not always. They use it for social cohesion.

There are those on the right who complain about "indoctrination" in schools. This is when the left try and get everyone thinking about things like tolerance, civility and whatnot that can lead to social cohesion. But then the right want to do it through "patriotism" and "patriotism" is only right wing policies. Supporting the troops losing their lives for a rich man's war, because this then shuts up those who oppose the rich man's war.

It's interesting that the French are still very nervous about WW1 and the winter truce and all that. Someone wanted to make a film a film it in France, the French govt was having none of it. Why? Because it was the poor people of the world coming together to oppose the rich.

Well, the right in the US do it too, just in a different way.

Patriotism is blindly following. When the Twin Towers came down everyone was together. Everyone backed the rich man's war, everyone accepted that they should have to turn the world upside down and make it a worse place. Those who stood up and said that it shouldn't be so were shouted down. Who was saying, on 9/11, that US foreign policy since WW2 has been the source of the anger that led to 9/11? No one. Why? Because they expected the people to walk blindly, and the people walked blindly, and they did it for YEARS.

At the same time the divisions in the country still remained, the black people were still treated as second class citizens in places, Native Americans were still treated as third class citizens, and even after 9/11 a person like Trump can come along and manipulate these divisions in order to get himself elected.

Forum List

Back