Where are the protests?

Have you read any part of the proposed legislation?

On page 16 of the House bill: private insurance will become illegal. Insurance companies cannot write new policies, people will lose their existing policy if they change jobs, if they change coverage, or if they change prices. Once any aspect of your private health insurance changes after this bill goes into effect, you can't renew it. You have to go public option.

On page 29 of the House bill, it is admitted that our health care will be rationed.

On page 42, the health choices commissioner will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice.

Page 58, every person will be issued a national ID health card.

Page 59 the federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer to pay.

On page 72, all private health care plans must conform to government rules to participate in a health care exchange. Any individual who doesn't have acceptable health care defined by the government will be taxed two-and-a-half percent of their income each year.

Officers and employees of government health care bureaucracy will have access to all American financial and personal records, page 195.

Page 203, the tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as a tax.

You oughta do yourself a favor and find a tall oak tree and put that noose to some use.

perhaps you should read it instead of letting some right wing whacko interpret it for you:

http://docs.house.gov/edlabor/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

I have read this--notably--there is NO nitty gritty DETAILS in this proposal.

Like how much is this going to COST & exactly WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR IT!

It certainly does not represent the 1017 PAGE bill that our supreme--most intelligent--articulate--leader--or any of our elected representative HAVE STILL NOT READ.

Your link is simply a proposal on what they want to do.:clap2:

Nice try though.

A BILL
To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans
and reduce the growth in health care spending, and
for other purposes.

Notice that it's "A BILL" not a proposal.

I can see it already. Just like the "cash for clunkers" program--where dealers are spending at least two hours on HOLD trying to get the federal government to authorise a simple cash for clunker program.

Someone is rushed into the ER with a heart attack--someone has to call the Federal Government--is put on HOLD--waits for two hours to get authorising to try & save the person--LOL :cuckoo:

On page 16 of the House bill: private insurance will become illegal. Insurance companies cannot write new policies, people will lose their existing policy if they change jobs, if they change coverage, or if they change prices. Once any aspect of your private health insurance changes after this bill goes into effect, you can't renew it. You have to go public option.

On page 29 of the House bill, it is admitted that our health care will be rationed.

On page 42, the health choices commissioner will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice.

Page 59 the federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer to pay.

On page 72, all private health care plans must conform to government rules to participate in a health care exchange. Any individual who doesn't have acceptable health care defined by the government will be taxed two-and-a-half percent of their income each year.

Officers and employees of government health care bureaucracy will have access to all American financial and personal records, page 195.

You oughta do yourself a favor and find a tall oak tree and put that noose to some use.

perhaps you should read it instead of letting some right wing whacko interpret it for you:

It certainly does not represent the 1017 PAGE bill that our supreme--most intelligent--articulate--leader--or any of our elected representative HAVE STILL NOT READ.

Nice try though.

and if you checked the posts i was responding to you would see that i am not the one who brought it into the discussion.

Nice try though.

I actually agree with you. It is such a huge undertaking that it naturally invites controversy, and a subject that clearly not one that Americans are willing even now to come to terms with. Arguing over the plethora of details in all the proposals is therefore a big fat waste of time anymore. The ONLY argument to be made is that the cost projections based on assumptions make it just too risky to do now, in light of the current economic situation. I wish Obama would simply come out and say, when Congress returns and he will have everyone's ear, that he tried and failed.

Then move on to other pressing issues.

What program that the Federal Government has ever run--do you know that they have run effectively & efficiently.

Personally--I cannot think of one.

Social Security is bankrupt/Medicare is bankrupt & their most recently created disaster which is Fannie/Freddie--in which they decided to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country--which is in fact--GROUND ZERO for this current economic collapse.

Let's face it--Obama doesn't even know what is in this bill--he hasn't read it. He didn't read the stimulus bill either before they signed off on it.

All Obama does is get up there & tell us how bad it is. We already know how bad it is. I know how much medical insurance costs--I pay for it. We need to attack it through the State--to reduce costs--& they will have to MANDATE that everyone gets their own insurance policy & they have to pay for it themselves. They also need to do tort reform--but fat chance of that with 2/3's of this current congress being confirmed ambulance chasers.

There are private sector ways to fix this problem--our politicians are just scared to death to make the hard decisions to do it--simply because they will lose votes.

there are no protests for healthcare because the good guys are in charge and its assumed healthcare will get done, the only protesting being done is by the ignorant dupes who fall for the corporate propaganda given to them by their radio show hosts and fox news, if i lived in a trailer and made $8 an hour working at walmart i would favor healthcare passing but these rubes buy everything sold to them by the right wing propaganda machine.

poppycock! bulloney! lonestar! it's already been shown how wrong those twisted statements are....

can't you read for yourself and decipher what you read?

or are you JUST taking someone elses word for it like the typical blind?

i simply don't understand the people of today, like you...who do not use their own God given ability to interpret and research what they read... due to laziness or partisanship?

honestly!!!!

care

care

Nice try though.

A BILL
for other purposes.

Good Lord, it is a DRAFT BILL. It does not become a "BILL" until enacted by Congress and signed by the POTUS. A draft of a book is still called a book, for God's sake. You waste way too much time on petty shit.

there are no protests for healthcare because the good guys are in charge and its assumed healthcare will get done, the only protesting being done is by the ignorant dupes who fall for the corporate propaganda given to them by their radio show hosts and fox news, if i lived in a trailer and made $8 an hour working at walmart i would favor healthcare passing but these rubes buy everything sold to them by the right wing propaganda machine.

poppycock! bulloney! lonestar! it's already been shown how wrong those twisted statements are....

i simply don't understand the people of today, like you...who do not use their own God given ability to interpret and research what they read... due to laziness or partisanship?

honestly!!!!

care

care

Have you read it?

I have and the interpretation is accurate.

I can see it already. Just like the "cash for clunkers" program--where dealers are spending at least two hours on HOLD trying to get the federal government to authorise a simple cash for clunker program.

Someone is rushed into the ER with a heart attack--someone has to call the Federal Government--is put on HOLD--waits for two hours to get authorising to try & save the person--LOL :cuckoo:

Is this the same person who posted that the draft bills don't contain the nitty gritty? So why are you lying?

Nice try though.

A BILL
for other purposes.

Good Lord, it is a DRAFT BILL. It does not become a "BILL" until enacted by Congress and signed by the POTUS. A draft of a book is still called a book, for God's sake. You waste way too much time on petty shit.

Semantics. Is that your best argument?

honestly!!!!

care

care

Have you read it?

I have and the interpretation is accurate.

You are apparently incapable of reading much of anything, including facts which debunk your "interpretation" which simply mirrors what somebody else on the far right has been shoving down your throat.

Is that supposed to be an insult? You fail!!!

i fail? you are the texan.:lol:

lol.....:cuckoo: You realize Texas has one of the most, if not the strongest, economies in the country. "Fail" is hardly a word that describes Texas.

bush_orly-full.jpg

If America wants this health care "reform" so badly, why arent people protesting these politicians to get them to pass it. Instead we see the exact opposite.

If there are protests against, and none for, why do our politicians think its such a good idea to push this through Congress?

It all boils down to this Avatar, Congress knows whats best for you even more than you do so just sit down and let them destroy the medical profession before your very eyes.

Immie

Semantics. Is that your best argument?

Not hardly, but apparently it was yours.

If America wants this health care "reform" so badly, why arent people protesting these politicians to get them to pass it. Instead we see the exact opposite.

If there are protests against, and none for, why do our politicians think its such a good idea to push this through Congress?

It all boils down to this Avatar, Congress knows whats best for you even more than you do so just sit down and let them destroy the medical profession before your very eyes.

Immie

Sums it up in a nutshell.

Forum List

Back