Where do we go from here?

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
I think it is safe to say our representatives are corrupt and awful no matter which party we are in. We can probably just shake hands and say we suck too. I think it is also safe to say that public officials have little to no oversight and that is a problem. The FBI and the DOJ have their own agenda, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with holding elected officials accountable. The media is just out for profit and will say whatever they are paid to say. What can we do? It almost doesn't matter if the elections are cooked or not, we are just choosing from different flavors of shit. We say we are choosing the lesser of evils, and we are guaranteed a loser. You can argue how much influence the non-elected structures in Washington have, but we still end up with a growing, unchecked, corrupt leading body. It almost makes me want to have our representatives chosen like jurors, out of a hat. Could that be worse? The people who run for office are the exact people who have no business being in office. We are corrupt, what do we do?

1622929683398.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Ship all the pols and bureaucrats to a desert island and leave them there.

I think it is safe to say our representatives are corrupt and awful no matter which party we are in. We can probably just shake hands and say we suck too. I think it is also safe to say that public officials have little to no oversight and that is a problem. The FBI and the DOJ have their own agenda, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with holding elected officials accountable. The media is just out for profit and will say whatever they are paid to say. What can we do? It almost doesn't matter if the elections are cooked or not, we are just choosing from different flavors of shit. We say we are choosing the lesser of evils, and we are guaranteed a loser. You can argue how much influence the non-elected structures in Washington have, but we still end up with a growing, unchecked, corrupt leading body. It almost makes me want to have our representatives chosen like jurors, out of a hat. Could that be worse? The people who run for office are the exact people who have no business being in office. We are corrupt, what do we do?
Big changes start small from the lower levels of our tiered society. If more voters contact their local officials in the cities or towns in which they live, can you imagine the outcome? Well, in addition to needing to hire someone to screen the emails, I have a feeling it would be a new experience for the most of them to have numerous folks writing about the issues. Small improvements can be made when that happens, and as we know nothing gets done unless there is a spotlight of attention in the mix. The concern to be re-elected gets many motivated. My city's mayor for instance, is highly motivated to continue doing a great job due to constant harassment by the community at large lol

If it's worth the time and effort for a majority living within a state, a specific issue that has lacked political backing previously, can be achieved if enough voters make the necessary effort. Sure, state reps get so much mail it's screened by someone else and maybe won't be read by the rep. The correspondence should still be recorded in some way, and if enough individuals do the leg-work letting their reps know that something needs to be done but nobody has yet to accomplish it, is like the squeaky wheel getting the grease.

Voters get all worked up over which candidate is going to win an election. People talk about national elections for years, state elections typically for a couple of months (dependent on specifics can be longer), and local elections where it can be just as important to an individual- a couple of weeks at most maybe, again dependent on particulars?

Voters drop the ball. It could be in our court, the citizens' court as opposed to being controlled by those who represent us, but overall we get caught up in our own lives and don't write our reps. If the average voter expended the same amount of energy used during election campaign cycles, this significant change would bear fruit not yet seen in the states.

I typed in this same subject line to start a new thread, when this one popped up. And pretty much said was I was going to say, with a few things left out.
It's my opinion that our elected officials are corrupted before they even enter the race. At least most of them. Those that are legit, quickly learn that to survive in politics, you have to sell your soul to the lobbyist. If you want to get a committee seat, you have to pay for that seat. As in real money. Some of those seats cost more than your yearly salary. But a lobbyist can pay for that seat, and put you on an installment plan. Pay back a little at a time with fund raising. Or voting the way they want you to vote. Or both.
Yes, those in a committee seat had to pay for that seat in real money. Think about that. Real money to be on a committee. There's too many wrongs to list.

Some of the other things I was going to mention was that citizens need to stop being scared of everything. Especially being cancelled, being politically correct. Stop being "inclusive" to BS they don't agree with. It's OK if you don't support some trans cause. It's OK to not support BLM. If you're a republican, it's OK to not support Trump. And most importantly, it's OK to not be a party loyalist, for either party. Party loyalism is what happens in Russia, it's what helped to bring people like Hitler to power. It's something that seems to be bringing the country down and dividing everyone.

When I left all the parties and the LP, it was seriously like a breath of fresh air. I no longer had to side with a party that I truly didn't agree with on some important issues. When I was a democrat, I was pro life. And still am. But as a democrat party loyalist, I had to argue in favor of pro choice crap that I didn't believe in.
I'm also conservative. So when I was a republican, I had to argue in favor of all the spending the GOP was guilty of. It was like selling my soul.

Party loyalist are going to support the violent movement of BLM. They're going to call themselves "woke" or a "Proud Boy." They're going to support boys in dresses and make up, competing against real females. They're going to support republicans when they do stuff like banning bump stocks.

And for what? All that's happening is a perpetuation of the divisional BS that's put this country in a state of insanity.

MANA... Make America Normal Again

Nothing will change with regards to our corrupt, criminal political system without violence.

Just depends on how long we want to allow it to go on.

I hope its after I am long gone from this earth because it won't be pretty. It will be horrible. But at some point, it will absolutely be necessary.

Forum List

Back