Where will the money come from to pay for HR 1?

The same place Trump's TWO TRILLION DOLLAR tax cut for the rich came from!
I am not rich. I got 70% more back from my 2019 Tax Return. My Pension increased by $150 month. I guess you live in a Blue State with a State Income Tax and lots of other Taxes there. You had the chance to be wealthier. However, you must have lacked the ability, and the drive to get there.

Last edited:
The US is a country with a treasury and can pay for things using taxation of its citizens, as well as selling treasury bonds or other financialization tools such as loaning to banks.

We are too deep in debt to do that properly anymore.

Go look up FIAT money.

Do you think we should default on paying it back?
No way, why would we do that?
So we will eventually pay it back? When? After you're long dead?
28 trillion and expanding by thousands a second
We are constantly paying it back and loaning it out that’s how major economies work. If you’re asking if it should ever reach a zero balance I’d say hell no. What about you? Do you think it should reach a zero balance?

We are constantly paying it back and loaning it out that’s how major economies work. If you’re asking if it should ever reach a zero balance I’d say hell no. What about you? Do you think it should reach a zero balance?
I'm saying that continually running an increasingly expanding debt is not a good thing, either morally, financially, or for currency stability.
And yes, it would be awesome if we reached and went beyond a zero balance, paying for our extravagances with extra money instead of increased debt.

I'm saying that continually running an increasingly expanding debt is not a good thing, either morally, financially, or for currency stability.
And yes, it would be awesome if we reached and went beyond a zero balance, paying for our extravagances with extra money instead of increased debt.
It doesn’t sound like you understand the difference between a personal/business debt and the national debt of a country that controls their own currency. You should do some research. But let me ask... The debt has been sky rocketing for the past 40 years. By your observations, how has it impacted the value of the dollar?

It doesn’t sound like you understand the difference between a personal/business debt and the national debt of a country that controls their own currency.
You're wrong.
You should do some research.
No need. You should take a course in economics. Extreme debt is not a good thing. Some debt is unavoidable when running a nation. $28,000,000,000,000 is not.
But let me ask... The debt has been sky rocketing for the past 40 years. By your observations, how has it impacted the value of the dollar?
The value of the dollar has dropped quite a bit in the last 40 years, due to a multitude of factors. Debt is one of them.

You libs are like a broken record when it comes to debt. Every f'n one of you pulls the "you think running a country is like running your household budget" when you can't intellectually address our astronomical debt.

Zimbabwe Z$100 Trillion Paper Money for sale | eBay

Last edited:
It doesn’t sound like you understand the difference between a personal/business debt and the national debt of a country that controls their own currency.
You're wrong.
You should do some research.
No need. You should take a course in economics. Extreme debt is not a good thing. Some debt is unavoidable when running a nation. $28,000,000,000,000 is not.
But let me ask... The debt has been sky rocketing for the past 40 years. By your observations, how has it impacted the value of the dollar?
The value of the dollar has dropped quite a bit in the last 40 years, due to a multitude of factors. Debt is one of them.

You libs are like a broken record when it comes to debt. Every f'n one of you pulls the "you think running a country is like running your household budget" when you can't intellectually address our astronomical debt.

Zimbabwe Z$100 Trillion Paper Money for sale | eBay
I would love for you to prove me wrong and show that you are knowledgeable when it comes to economics. But you are going to have to do better than just saying I’m wrong. The dollar has become and remains the worlds primary currency and is currently one of the strongest and most stable currencies that exists. All during half a century of exponential spending and accumulation of debt. $28T is a lot of debt. But we also make a lot of money. What about the debt worries you the most? That it will devalue the dollar? Can you show the relation of how debt has effected the value of the dollar throughout our history?

I would love for you to prove me wrong and show that you are knowledgeable when it comes to economics.
I would love for you to acknowledge that our massive debt isn't a good thing instead of trying to pooh-pooh it.

You already know ...

ED4X7woVUAAJjRc.jpg

I would love for you to prove me wrong and show that you are knowledgeable when it comes to economics.
I would love for you to acknowledge that our massive debt isn't a good thing instead of trying to pooh-pooh it.
I would love that too. Lets dig in and justify the claim. Show me how spending has effected the value of the dollar or how it has had a real impact on your life.

Forum List

Back