Where's The Proof?

S.J.

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2012
So. Cal.
Putin challenged Obama to present the evidence that chemical weapons were used by the Assad regime, and so far, Obama has not done that. Knowing that our president is a damn liar, can we blame anyone for not taking his word for it?

Putin challenged Obama to present the evidence that chemical weapons were used by the Assad regime, and so far, Obama has not done that. Knowing that our president is a damn liar, can we blame anyone for not taking his word for it?

From what the UN inspectors have ascertained so far the chemical weapons were only used in areas controlled by the rebels and against civilians who are supporting them. So far there have been no reports of similar attacks in areas under the control of the Assad regime.

Which means that there are a couple of possibilities. The rebels deliberately poisoned their own supporters in order to gain outside support. The rebels did it by accident. The Assad regime is responsible.

Of those choices the first two presuppose that the rebels have access to chemical weapons whereas we know that the Assad regime does have chemical weapons in their possession. Granted we still await the results of the laboratory tests which would establish the kind of chemicals involved and whether those match up the ones known to be in the hands of the Assad regime.

WOW! You righties are good! mr. cheney and the crowd would be so proud

QUOTE=S.J.;7771641]Putin challenged Obama to present the evidence that chemical weapons were used by the Assad regime, and so far, Obama has not done that. Knowing that our president is a damn liar, can we blame anyone for not taking his word for it?[/QUOTE]

Curveball has confirmed the use of chemical weapons by Assad,

and the administration is prepared to present to the Congress some amazingly realistic drawings of the attack being carried out.

What more do you neocons need?

and the administration is prepared to present to the Congress some amazingly realistic drawings of the attack being carried out.

US Neocons will support The Troops. None to worry. "amazingly realistic drawings???"" are you trying to make the case for war or admire a painting?""

WOW! You righties are good! mr. cheney and the crowd would be so proud

That Obama and company are walking in their footsteps.

I don't trust this administration on anything at all, but, for some reason, I believe them here.

It was Assad who killed his own people's children with gas..

But, Obama's bunch of arrogant incompetents cannot be trusted to do the right thing with Syria.

Either the arrogance or the incompetence, likely both, is going to result in untended consequences.

This is a Community Organizer who Congress is going to have to Shepard through a crisis. And the whores in Congress are not strangers to arrogance or incompetence.

The American people need to hold on to their ass for the next couple of weeks.

The Peter Principal is in play.

All politicians are damn liars, yet few can hold a candle to Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan. From numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families a picture is emerging which alleges it was Saudi supplied chemical weapons delivered to Syrian rebels which killed at least 355 people last week.

Former AP Jordan correspondent for nearly a decade Dale Gavlak assisted in the research and writing of the following link while reporter Yahya Ahabneh was on the ground in Ghouta conducting the interviews
:

"'They didn’t tell us what these arms were or how to use them,' complained a female fighter named ‘K.’ 'We didn’t know they were chemical weapons. We never imagined they were chemical weapons.'

“'When Saudi Prince Bandar gives such weapons to people, he must give them to those who know how to handle and use them,' she warned. She, like other Syrians, do not want to use their full names for fear of retribution..."

“'We were very curious about these arms. And unfortunately, some of the fighters handled the weapons improperly and set off the explosions,' ‘J’ said.

"Doctors who treated the chemical weapons attack victims cautioned interviewers to be careful about asking questions regarding who, exactly, was responsible for the deadly assault."

EXCLUSIVE: Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack

If you don't believe Obama then there is always Biden, OK, OK then how about Kerry??? Hmmmm Hillary?? Considering that both Kerry and Hillary believed Saddam had weapons of mass destruction is the liberal left going to now believe their word?

So let me get this right. Assad knows that the UN is coming, he knows what day. He has the rebels contained, so he decides on the day of the UN inspection to use chemical weapons? Really is that the picture that Obama is going to draw for us?

Draw the line on the use of chemical weapons, meanwhile 1000s are dying in Africa by being hacked to death. Seriously I can think of lots of ways to die but CW and being hacked to death are not two I would choose.

If you don't believe Obama then there is always Biden, OK, OK then how about Kerry??? Hmmmm Hillary?? Considering that both Kerry and Hillary believed Saddam had weapons of mass destruction is the liberal left going to now believe their word?

So let me get this right. Assad knows that the UN is coming, he knows what day. He has the rebels contained, so he decides on the day of the UN inspection to use chemical weapons? Really is that the picture that Obama is going to draw for us?

Draw the line on the use of chemical weapons, meanwhile 1000s are dying in Africa by being hacked to death. Seriously I can think of lots of ways to die but CW and being hacked to death are not two I would choose.
"Saudi involvement

"In a recent article for Business Insider, reporter Geoffrey Ingersoll highlighted Saudi Prince Bandar’s role in the two-and-a-half year Syrian civil war. Many observers believe Bandar, with his close ties to Washington, has been at the very heart of the push for war by the U.S. against Assad.

"Ingersoll referred to an article in the U.K.’s Daily Telegraph about secret Russian-Saudi talks alleging that Bandar offered Russian President Vladimir Putin cheap oil in exchange for dumping Assad.

“'Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord,' Ingersoll wrote.

“'I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,' Bandar allegedly told the Russians."

Bandar Bush should be receiving at least as much scrutiny as Hillary, Kerry, Obama, and Assad, IMHO.

EXCLUSIVE: Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack

I don't trust this administration on anything at all, but, for some reason, I believe them here.

It was Assad who killed his own people's children with gas..

But, Obama's bunch of arrogant incompetents cannot be trusted to do the right thing with Syria.

Either the arrogance or the incompetence, likely both, is going to result in untended consequences.

This is a Community Organizer who Congress is going to have to Shepard through a crisis. And the whores in Congress are not strangers to arrogance or incompetence.

The American people need to hold on to their ass for the next couple of weeks.

The Peter Principal is in play.

Why would you believe them now? Because that is what you think happened? There is absolutely no reason for Assad to use CW, none. I think the more believable story is that the rebels accidentally set off a few of the bombs. Which is what will happen if Obama bombs the chemical weapons stores. Not all the gas will be destroyed and considering where the gas stores are, civilians will die.

Assad knows that the far rightwingnuts will excuse whatever he does. And the rebels, for the most part, are little better than Assad. This is not a nice black and white situation. It is one full of nuances and pitfalls. We need someone like William Buckley on the conservative side, and some of the more thoughtful liberals on the other.

What is the best course? I don't know. Assad will be replaced, no matter what, it is only a matter of when, he has made too many enemies among his own people. Will those that replace him be better? Doubtful. Again, I think this is one of those situations in which there is no good choices, only less foolish ones.

More than likely, Assad did use gas on his own people. We saw that with Saddam. Unfortunetly, we did nothing then, when we should have.

1. Clarifying what America's security state is in Syria.

2. A reason to intervene (why chemeical weapons should have been the red line).

3. Defining what even constitutes victory in Syria.

Just to name a few.

1. Clarifying what America's security state is in Syria.

2. A reason to intervene (why chemeical weapons should have been the red line).

3. Defining what even constitutes victory in Syria.

Just to name a few.

I was being satirical. Apparently without success.

Assad knows that the far rightwingnuts will excuse whatever he does. And the rebels, for the most part, are little better than Assad. This is not a nice black and white situation. It is one full of nuances and pitfalls. We need someone like William Buckley on the conservative side, and some of the more thoughtful liberals on the other.

What is the best course? I don't know. Assad will be replaced, no matter what, it is only a matter of when, he has made too many enemies among his own people. Will those that replace him be better? Doubtful. Again, I think this is one of those situations in which there is no good choices, only less foolish ones.

More than likely, Assad did use gas on his own people. We saw that with Saddam. Unfortunetly, we did nothing then, when we should have.
Unfortunately, we supplied Saddam with the chemical precursors to create his gas, some of the helicopters that delivered it, and satellite intel that showed him where to use it. I'm wondering if Bandar Bush got his gas from Saddam's source?

Agreed! If the US does intervene with the explicit approval of Congress then it must be a limited surgical strike to destroy Assad's air defenses, air power and CW delivery systems only. If Congress says no then there must be no unilateral action by the USA. Yes, Obama will face criticism for inaction by the far right but they will criticize him regardless.

I miss Buckley too even though I did not always agree with everything he said. Unfortunately there is no one of his stature on the right and that voice of conservative reason is sorely lacking these days.

Do you stand by this bs?

Forum List

Back