Which is more feasible? Underwater colonies or colonizing another planet or moon?

More feasible? Outer space. In truth, neither is really doable without concerted worldwide effort.

The question I would have about the oceans is "why"? Space has a purpose of sorts.
NASA just announced a coalition of different countries working on sending people to the moon to make more drinking water and fuel, to then go to mars. Its what got me pondering this, actually.

Seems like underwater colonies would be something we could do now and we wouldnt need a fucking spacesuit or clothes 2 feet think to handle Titans temperatures.
How about taking care of this planet?
Fuck this planet. Give me my angus cow and Suburban and shut the fuck up

We're way ahead of the rest of the world as far as space exploration. Just within the last four years, my President has already colonized the vacuous space between the ears of most Democrats.

Seems like underwater colonies would be something we could do now and we wouldnt need a fucking spacesuit or clothes 2 feet think to handle Titans temperatures.
Neither.
A biodome would be a good start, but it would take years of experimenting here first, before we could ever try it on the moon.(much less Mars or anyplace farther) As for the ocean, your biggest concerns will be lack of adequate sunlight (if you're underwater, most of the sunlight will be reflected away at the surface) and corrosion from the saltwater.

Right now and for the next projected century at least, the southern hemisphere is the best place to be for a lot of geopolitical, ecological and other reasons. Australia, New Zealand, South America, even Antarctica eventually,......for one thing - look where all the nukes are.....northern Hemisphere with the only exceptions being northern countries like us and UK with Tomahawk-armed warships and military bases.

Hanging decks------off satellites orbiting the earth----eg suspend manhattan island like the hanging garden of
babylon

More feasible? Outer space. In truth, neither is really doable without concerted worldwide effort.

The question I would have about the oceans is "why"? Space has a purpose of sorts.
NASA just announced a coalition of different countries working on sending people to the moon to make more drinking water and fuel, to then go to mars. Its what got me pondering this, actually.
Neither. Hell all we have to do is implement LFTR technology and we'd have ample power that's clean and affordable to solve all of our so-called problems.

Neither. Hell all we have to do is implement LFTR technology and we'd have ample power that's clean and affordable to solve all of our so-called problems.
I have hears those arent feasible. Thats why there arent any reactors.

"Which is more feasible?"

Neither. First of all, why would we need underwater colonies? Currently, humans only "occupy" 50% of the Earths land surface. "Occupy" includes farm land which makes up a large portion of the "Occupation" Problems with underwater colonies:
  1. Leaks - One leak and poof.....dead people.
  2. No Sunlight which is needed for health, both physical and Mental.
  3. Close quarters due to construction constraints caused by pressures. People would "get on each others nerves right quick.
  4. Air supply and purification.
I could go on but I think you catch my drift.

As for Space colonization. Not gonna happen, not now not ever. Fantasy. NO extraterrestrial body has the atmosphere, water, gravity, sunlight, radiation protection ect....ect.... that the Earth provides and that Humans NEED to survive.
Even if we could produce an atmosphere and ecosystem compatible with Human existence, The extraterrestrial body we created it on would not be able to retain it.....if it could it would have one now.
And even if we came up with a plan, payload restrictions would make development of such a colony unbuildable and unsustainable.

But we could put people on the moon with no oxygen... We have plenty brain dead people already, so how hard would it be...

( As Harley think about slapping me )

Yes, underwater colonies are more logical and less expensive but so boring!!!

I hear Venus is quite hospitable.

5816a.jpg

Admittedly, it's been almost 70 years since I checked back.

Why? Probably a nice place to vacation but really just as inhospitable as Mars.

We should just thin em out down here on Earth, it'll be a better world afterward. Just make murder legal for 24 hours. That oughtta do it.

Gare awn teed the worst Earthings on Earth will no longer be a problem. Gare awn teed.

I have hears those arent feasible. Thats why there arent any reactors.
Bullshit they've already been built and proven to work. Maybe you should start doing some of your own research and quit having so much smoke blown up your ass by those who would lose if LFTRs got a real foothold and became a going concern. It's very real and their are no physics problems only scaling and some simple engineering to do to put it into wide scale use almost immediately. Hell it could could even be used to convert existing fossil fuel plants to nuclear. All you're doing is replacing the heat source. It's much more real and feasible than the idiotic solar and wind nonsense.

I've read that we know a lot more about space and the moon and planets than we do the ocean floor. Technologically, it's tough exploring down there due to tremendous water pressure, completely impossible living conditions, etc.

So I'm guessing space settlement will come first.

The Anasazi have a legend about the Ant People who lived underground for centuries. I've always wondered what made them do it? We could be forced to hole up somewhere again.

I wish i could live longer so i could see how advanced we are in space travel in a few hundred years :(
IMO, until they find a more suitable way of traveling the solar system it is not feasible. Until they can come up with a way to get from here to Mars in 4 or 5 days, it's too dangerous and time consuming. Plus they need a way to get off Earth without chemical rockets.
First step. An Equatorial Elevator.
Space-Elevator.jpg

p14a.gif

Forum List

Back