Which News Sources Do You Like?

I like Fox News because IMO they are more honest than any of the other news channels.

BBD: I flip through to Fox sometimes too, but they are at the top of the list hated most by left-wing liberals. Just sayin', don't shoot the messenger! That's why I want Jeremiah's url link so I can see who published that list he posted.

I've heard DOOSIES on both ends - on CNN, couldn't believe some of the crap I heard out of Lemon and Fareed Zakaria, and the other day I wanted to choke Geraldo Rivera and O'Rielly!

they all have their own agendas

these days

Hey Jeremiah - got a link to this list you published?? Would appreciate the source, thx.

Top 50 Conservative - number is ranking on internet popularity

1) Fox News: 260
2) Wall Street Journal: 383
3) The Drudge Report: 748
4) New York Post: 888
5) WorldNetDaily: 2,692
6) Newsmax: 3,264
7) Free Republic: 3,988
8) The Washington Times: 4,717
9) TownHall: 5,986
10) The Rush Limbaugh Show: 7,624

11) Real Clear Politics: 7,957
12) National Review: 10,346
13) Hot Air: 11,517
14) Michelle Malkin: 12,871
15) Glenn Beck: 13,153
16) Human Events Online: 17,538
17) The Heritage Foundation: 20,746
18) Newsbusters: 21,452
19) Lew Rockwell: 24,677
20) The Weekly Standard: 25,565

21) News With Views: 27,352
22) Sean Hannity: 28,086
23) Pajamas Media 28,969
24) The Ludwig von Mises Institute: 29,116
25) Atlas Shrugs: 29,548
26) The American Thinker: 29,980
27) Cybercast News Service: 32,348
28) Neal Boortz: 32,857
29) Reason: 33,254
30) Lucianne: 34,135

31) Ann Coulter 36,864
32) The Cato Journal: 39,187
33) Daily Paul: 41,465
34) The Volokh Conspiracy: 42,021
35) Bill O’Reilly: 42,533
36) Redstate: 42,655
37) Conservapedia: 43,866
38) Power Line: 44,542
39) Jewish World Review: 44,765
40) Front Page Magazine: 48,645

41) Daniel Pipes: 49,692
42) Little Green Footballs: 49,844
43) Campaign for Liberty: 50,638
44) The American Spectator: 52,377
45) Commentary: 55,447
46) GOPUSA: 58,771
47) James Lileks’: 60,536
48) Right Wing News: 63,097
49) Wizbang: 63,427
50) Day by Day: 63,455

10 bonus websites

51) Moonbattery
52) Life News
53) Vdare
54) Debbie Schlussel
55) Republican National Committee
56) Lifesitenews
57) Dick Morris
58) Blackfive
59) Outside the Beltway
60) American Conservative

The 50 Most Popular Conservative Websites | Right Wing News
www.rightwingnews.com/.../the-50-most-popular-conservative-websites1) Alexa doesn’t distinguish between top level domains and their sub-directories. So, for example, a blog on Townhall and Townhall itself would have the same rating.

AH, Thanks Jeremiah! That's helpful. I'll check it out later. :)

I like Fox News because IMO they are more honest than any of the other news channels.

BBD: I flip through to Fox sometimes too, but they are at the top of the list hated most by left-wing liberals. Just sayin', don't shoot the messenger! That's why I want Jeremiah's url link so I can see who published that list he posted.

I've heard DOOSIES on both ends - on CNN, couldn't believe some of the crap I heard out of Lemon and Fareed Zakaria, and the other day I wanted to choke Geraldo Rivera and O'Rielly!

I posted it.

during the Boston bombing

i did not listen to or watch one national news channel

everything i heard

came from the use of the internet to gain access to

police scanners

local on the scene live reporting

and message boards

Hey Jon - if you were using police scanners, you must have been local to the area, right? You up near Boston or vicinity? Those probably were alot more informative.

Message boards, huh? Those could be good if people are online monitoring news real-time. I like Internet news too, especially scanning headlines on Google news because if stuff hits the Net, Google gets it almost immediately. :)

actually i live in South Dakota

my Kindle has a national scanner app

plus some folks from the area put live Boston area scanners up on ustream

yes it was very informative

plus via the net i was able to watch local on the scene reporting unedited

the message boards helpful in directing interesting spots

for me this is the only way to go

it was quite an eye opener for me on the power of the internet

long may it live

and tax free ta boot

SOUTH DAKOTA!!? Holy crap, there are actually people who live there? You are the first I've met ever. (You're still getting snow, right??) That's quite a triangulation matrix you've got there buddy, wow. Guess whatever works is great!

Hey Jon - if you were using police scanners, you must have been local to the area, right? You up near Boston or vicinity? Those probably were alot more informative.

Message boards, huh? Those could be good if people are online monitoring news real-time. I like Internet news too, especially scanning headlines on Google news because if stuff hits the Net, Google gets it almost immediately. :)

actually i live in South Dakota

my Kindle has a national scanner app

plus some folks from the area put live Boston area scanners up on ustream

yes it was very informative

plus via the net i was able to watch local on the scene reporting unedited

the message boards helpful in directing interesting spots

for me this is the only way to go

it was quite an eye opener for me on the power of the internet

long may it live

and tax free ta boot

SOUTH DAKOTA!!? Holy crap, there are actually people who live there? You are the first I've met ever. (You're still getting snow, right??) That's quite a triangulation matrix you've got there buddy, wow. Guess whatever works is great!

yes we have had more snow this spring

then during the winter

--LOL

they all have their own agendas

these days

Yes they do - and unless you listen to some particular channel for awhile, you won't really know what those are, unless you check first as to where they fall on the lib/consv chart.

And today, news stories & finger-pointing is flying all over the place online!

I don't really have a favorite. I try to get as many perspectives as I can so when I find a story that interests me, I'll look for the same story from several different sources.

Trinity-College-Library-Dublin.jpg

Those still exist?

The ones that are right 100% of the time.

Well, MSNBC isn't right all of the time, but when they catch themselves reporting something in error, they try to correct it as soon as they can, which is why I watch MSNBC.

I used to watch CNN, at least, until they got more into the TMZ type of reporting, and pretty much lost all their integrity.

I've even watched FAUX Nooze, but got tired of all the hate and petty comments they make.

But then again.....................when the SC ruled on Obamacare, FAUX Nooze and CNN were quite quick to say that the SC had ruled it unconstitutional, and said it for a while, while MSNBC wanted to wait until all the facts were in.

As a matter of fact, the same thing happened last week when both FAUX Nooze and CNN decided to say that the FBI had made an arrest of a "brown skinned male", when in fact, all the FBI had done was release photos asking the public for help.

MSNBC said they had new info, but had to wait until it was verified, and once again, they were the only ones to get it right.

MSNBC is willing to wait until all the facts are in, the other 2 aren't.

BTW....................wanna talk about how that NYT paper with the headline "Bagmen" got it so horribly wrong? They haven't issued an apology for their fuck up yet.

I also stay up late and watch BBC on PBS when it comes on at 11:00 pm. Not only are they pretty non partisan in their reporting, but they bring in stories from the rest of the world that the American media doesn't cover because they're too wrapped up in whatever is going on here in the U.S. America isn't the only country in the world, which is why I appreciate the BBC, because they report on things from all over the globe.

Messageboards (like here at USMB) are good sources to find out things, but I question many of the facts until I'm able to verify it on at least 2 other places. For breaking news, USMB is good to alert a person (that's how I found out about Gabby Giffords), but you've gotta check out the facts on other places like real news sites, to verify the information is real.

And finally......................I bounce around between the websites of MSNBC, BBC, Yahoo, and Suddenlink (my local cable provider) to see where they all have the same information.

It's good to be able to have more than 1 source to report the news for you, because otherwise, you can become a brainwashed drone.

You have to distinguish between what is commentary/opinion like O'Reilly, Geraldo and hard news, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith.

I think of news sources grouped based on their political tendencies. So, while I don't necessarily 'like' all those sources, I get my news from the following:

1. Conservative leaning sources - Drudge (the headlines anyway), Fox, Brietbart, Blaze, Newsbusters.
  2. Progressive leaning sources - HuffPo, and pretty much any local or national mainstream media outlet.
  3. Libertarian leaning sources - Reason, Daily Caller, Stossel.

My favorite is Reason.com because of all that logic and reason stuff...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back