🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which of these two people would get fired first?

Which man most likely to get fired first?

• A

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • B

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • equally probable

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Imagine two white males with identical qualifications - A and B. They each have a high school diploma and no work experience whatsoever. Neither has any experience cooking anything past boiling water or running a business past a lemonade stand. Somehow or another they fool potential employers and they each land a job. Each lands a different job. Man A gets a job as the head cook at mid sized restaurant. Man B gets a job as the CEO of a major corporation.

Which man is most likely to get fired first?

The idiot who hired them.

Assume the idiot is the owner.

Imagine two white males with identical qualifications - A and B. They each have a high school diploma and no work experience whatsoever. Neither has any experience cooking anything past boiling water or running a business past a lemonade stand. Somehow or another they fool potential employers and they each land a job. Each lands a different job. Man A gets a job as the head cook at mid sized restaurant. Man B gets a job as the CEO of a major corporation.

It depends.

On what? Everything else is the same. Each has the same education, the same training. Only the job is different.

You don't have the sense God gave a piss ant. In a private business the owner IS the CEO. And the CEO is hired by the board of directors in case the business is a publicly traded entity. A cook is trained by the restaurant.

What a stupid premise for a thread.

Your entire scenario is based on the false premise they would be hired in the first place.

Very true.
But in his defense, the director of the facility I used to work at received her job with no experience. She knew the owners, that was her only qualification and it showed.

No college and no experience or no experience that you consider to be relevant?

There is a difference.

You could at least make it sorta realistic. NO ONE is going to hire an unknown young man as CEO and it is highly unlikely that anyone would hire an unknown as head chef either.

Of course you are trying to claim that CEO's do nothing so an unknown could survive. But that is simply not true.

What the racist was implying in the OP is that whites get jobs just because they're white.

That's true.

I once got a job carrying 5-Gallon buckets of mud up a ladder to scaffolding and then carrying them down the scaffolding to the Block Masons just because I was white.

Talk about 'White Privilege'.

I was so glad I was born White.

And then when we started on the Chimney, I got to carry the Flue Liners up to them.

I was just born lucky, I guess :eusa_boohoo:

I could tell you about how I got hired to sling 'Hot Tar' just because I was White, but that might be a little overkill

Hot tar? Tar-babies? Song of the South?

You racist!!!!~!~

Your entire scenario is based on the false premise they would be hired in the first place.

Very true.
But in his defense, the director of the facility I used to work at received her job with no experience. She knew the owners, that was her only qualification and it showed.

That's right. A lot of times it's who you know, not what you know.

The CEO will not be fired, he must have been very clever and conniving to have landed himself that job with no experience--precisely what is required of a CEO.

Well, not quite. CEOs (especially when we're talking about a large organization) are most often quite intelligent, experienced and competent.

Last edited:
What an interesting concept.
A HS grad is given a job as CEO of a huge corporation every single day....

This poll is sooooo stoopid!

At least make it a little bit plausible...

I'm sure in this scenario the cook is black and does a wonderful job and gets fired.
And the CEO is white and stupid and corrupt and does a shitty job and gets to keep his....

Did I get this wrong?

What an interesting concept.
A HS grad is given a job as CEO of a huge corporation every single day....

This poll is sooooo stoopid!

At least make it a little bit plausible...

I'm sure in this scenario the cook is black and does a wonderful job and gets fired.
And the CEO is white and stupid and corrupt and does a shitty job and gets to keep his....

Did I get this wrong?

No, you nailed it Roz.

It's a lot easier and immediate to judge a cook...takes time to figure a CEO is an asshole...took most people a few years to find out about our president.

Better question:

Who goes to jail first?

A) The CEO who rips off millions from regular Joes like you and me through illegal trading and dirty schemes?

B) Regular Joe who steals a pack of ham from Wal-Mart to feed his kids?

Because head cooks don't earn anything. I say you get fired first for theft.

You could at least make it sorta realistic. NO ONE is going to hire an unknown young man as CEO and it is highly unlikely that anyone would hire an unknown as head chef either.

Or elect a president with the same lack of real credentials......:cuckoo: Never happen. The voters would not "go there." :hellno:

Obama was in the right place at the right time.
Had the money and the right people to prop him up.
And the media to get the low information voters on board.

Bush's father would call the SEC and ask them to drop the investigation.

I voted "B" but after thinking about it a bit more, I want to change my vote. Gordon Ramsey fires a chef every week, but after 4 years, the country's least competent CEO in history got a 4 year contract extension last November.

Forum List

Back