🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which of these two people would get fired first?

Which man most likely to get fired first?

• A

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • B

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • equally probable

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Imagine two white males with identical qualifications - A and B. They each have a high school diploma and no work experience whatsoever. Neither has any experience cooking anything past boiling water or running a business past a lemonade stand. Somehow or another they fool potential employers and they each land a job. Each lands a different job. Man A gets a job as the head cook at mid sized restaurant. Man B gets a job as the CEO of a major corporation.

Which man is most likely to get fired first?

From experience with CEOs..

A would be fired almost immediately.

B?

Golden parachute. After many disastrous years.

You have experience with CEOs hired with no qualifications nor experience?

:bsflag:

Imagine two white males with identical qualifications - A and B. They each have a high school diploma and no work experience whatsoever. Neither has any experience cooking anything past boiling water or running a business past a lemonade stand. Somehow or another they fool potential employers and they each land a job. Each lands a different job. Man A gets a job as the head cook at mid sized restaurant. Man B gets a job as the CEO of a major corporation.

B?

He worked on the floor of the NYSE. Literally. He buffed it every night.

Yeah, the OP is a waste of bandwidth. Totally unrealistic. It assumes people in buisiness are fools. And while some are, you dont build big companies by being a moron.

The cook will prove his incompetence within minutes of taking the position.

The CEO might last a day or so depending on what's on his desk the day he assumes his job.

Now why is this?

Because generally speaking CEO's work on long range projects whose outcomes are uncertain in the short run.

Assuming you have the vocab and the balls, you can briefly fake being a CEO easier (and longer) than you can fake being a chef.

Incidently...I speak from experience here... I am now a CEO and I have been a chef.

B?

Naw.

I just can't figure out what they do.

Last one I was in the room with one, he showed up drunk to the Christmas party.

Well, actually, I did work with him one time after that..he showed up hung over to a Habitat for Humanity photo op.

You might have heard of him.

Google Image Result for http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/12/2010/duncan-l-niederauer.jpg

You could at least make it sorta realistic. NO ONE is going to hire an unknown young man as CEO and it is highly unlikely that anyone would hire an unknown as head chef either.

Of course you are trying to claim that CEO's do nothing so an unknown could survive. But that is simply not true.

What the racist was implying in the OP is that whites get jobs just because they're white.

That's true.

I once got a job carrying 5-Gallon buckets of mud up a ladder to scaffolding and then carrying them down the scaffolding to the Block Masons just because I was white.

Talk about 'White Privilege'.

I was so glad I was born White.

And then when we started on the Chimney, I got to carry the Flue Liners up to them.

I was just born lucky, I guess :eusa_boohoo:

I could tell you about how I got hired to sling 'Hot Tar' just because I was White, but that might be a little overkill

B?

Yeah, the OP is a waste of bandwidth. Totally unrealistic. It assumes people in buisiness are fools. And while some are, you dont build big companies by being a moron.

Many CEOs didn't build shit.

You'd know that if you weren't getting a welfare check and food stamps.

Many CEOs didn't build shit.

You'd know that if you weren't getting a welfare check and food stamps.

You lost your own argument. Rabbi didn't say ALL CEO's build companies. He only needs one CEO that has ever built a company to be correct.

A better question to ask would be who would get fired first
A. A white CEO with no experience
Or
B. A Black community organizer who got the job as President of the United States

Wow, what a stupid question.

first and foremost, if there is no verifiable success within business for the guy looking for a position as a CEO, then he would never even be considered. Secondly, as head cook one would have to also have verifiable references before he would ever be considered. If you truly think that there is no skill to hiring the right person for a job, then go try for CEO yourself somewhere, if you've never had any experience and see how far you get.

And what the heck does skin color have to do with either situation?

Last edited:

Well that would depend on how they perform at their jobs, wouldn't it?

Wow, what a stupid question.

Consider the source.

Your entire scenario is based on the false premise they would be hired in the first place.

Your entire scenario is based on the false premise they would be hired in the first place.

The only way unqualified individuals would get hired for either of those positions is if their parents owned the company or if President Obama took over the business for some reason and they were a political appointment. And if either of those are the case, they will never be fired.

Very true.
But in his defense, the director of the facility I used to work at received her job with no experience. She knew the owners, that was her only qualification and it showed.

Forum List

Back