Which USMB member has the Best/Worst Job. Only Members w/Jobs.

Winco

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2019
Well,
Since Most of us here have actual jobs, who has mentioned the most times that they have the BEST/WORSE jobs.

Ok.
I'm 60.
I LOVE my job, (Math Teacher).
I'm ready to retire at 61. From A State, Move to another.

So, continue Teaching in another State, for a few years (5).
Why????

Well,
Since Most of us here have actual jobs, who has mentioned the most times that they have the BEST/WORSE jobs.

Ok.
I'm 60.

Why????
I have the best job.
I sit home and watch TV.
I'm retired.

Well,

Ok.
I'm 60.

Why????
UFCW member ^^^^^

I've been at the same job for 27 years. I retire in early 2023. My 401K has almost doubled from its pre-Covid balance, it's absolutely perfect timing for me.

I'm retired, so no job anymore. It is the best!

But for a few years when I first retired I worked as a goatherd. Best and worst job ever. (check out some pics I posted in Animals Stories - last page)

Hand to god I was turned down for a job as a grave digger. Well technically it was cemetery maintenance that also had to hand dig graves regularly. I was well qualified for it, even over qualified for it, but their pretense for declining me was one of my brothers already worked in that department of the city though not for the cemeteries. I was also turned down for an office job for the city because I was a white male and that particular department (a different one) was under pressure to hire women and minorities. The guy who interviewed me said he would have loved to hire me but couldn't. My thing about both jobs was the first knew I was related to my brother before they ever interviewed me and the second knew I was a white male because it was on the damn application so why the hell did they both waste my time with an interview process if they knew they couldn't hire me.

Jack of all trades, master of one. Cement masonry.

I love pouring concrete. I think it's fun. I like to be physically active and outdoors. And about 90% of the work is outdoors. I wouldn't want a job where I'm cooped up indoors all day. And cement masons are very physically active. When I'm at work I burn over 500 calories/hour above my basal metabolic rate, which means I have to eat a lot of food. And I love to eat.

I'm pretty much retired now but I'll still work once in a while. If you're pouring concrete every day once you get over 50 the odds that you end up with chronic back pain increase dramatically. I've seen it happen to a lot of guys. Then they end up on soul-sucking narcotic pain killers for the rest of their life.

Last edited:
I was a rebel in apprenticeship school
Grew my hair long and broke all the rules
At work I'd 'dis all my J-men all day
With big ambitions of when I could play

My mentors taught me contactors were louts
So I grew up the type they warned me about
They said their ilk were just a unruly mob
And I should quit contractin' and get a real job

Quit contractin' and get a real job
Clean your act up and dont be a slob
Get it together like your big brother Bob
Why dont you give up contractin' and get a real job

I even tried that resi h*ll scene
I told myself that it was all a grand scheme
I found some loosers with good money to pay
Now I invoice all night and text all day

My local inspector, said he was 'da man'
He looked at my work , but wasn't so glad
He took one look ,and cried, "Oh my god!
Quit contractin' and get a real job!"

I hit the bigtime with my contractual scams
The future's brighter now then I ever planned
I'm ten times richer then my big brother Bob
He's quit contractin' and got a real job

~S~
w/apologies to Mr Thorogood

I just turned 67 and run my own small business. I have no plans on retirement because I am doing what I love to do and my work gives me a purpose in life.
I'm also 67 and thinking of starting a business. I need to find the right partner to add a few skills that I lack and I still need to do some work in the basement towards turning it into a studio.

Forum List

Back