🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which would you rather have $1m in the bank or Social Security Check???

Mormon version of the Bible you mean. And it has nothing to do with this but thanks. This has to do with paying in a buck and getting back six.

Uh-oh! PMH caught either lying again or caught being ignorant again. Either way, he has zero credibility...

"Early recipients of Social Security received more than six dollars in benefits for every dollar paid in Social Security taxes. Today and in the future, recipients will receive less than a dollar in benefits for every dollar paid in Social Security taxes"

What No One Wants to Admit About Social Security Taxes

Mormon version of the Bible you mean. And it has nothing to do with this but thanks. This has to do with paying in a buck and getting back six.

Uh-oh! PMH caught either lying again or caught being ignorant again. Either way, he has zero credibility...

"Early recipients of Social Security received more than six dollars in benefits for every dollar paid in Social Security taxes. Today and in the future, recipients will receive less than a dollar in benefits for every dollar paid in Social Security taxes"

What No One Wants to Admit About Social Security Taxes

IB-socsec-trustees-report-2013-chart-2_HIGHRES.jpg

70 is not the new 50. It's 70. I know how they pay out......They don't if they can help it. I would settle for the scumbags to give me back what I paid in.

What I see so many miss is a dollar in is not that same dollar out. Over the life of a worker the value of that dollar and its purchasing power drops due to inflation. Getting out what you put in would mean much more in payouts than you put in. Social Security is a scam plain and simple.

To answer the question, I would rather have the $1 million in PM's as they hold their value much better than a dollar.

70 is not the new 50. It's 70. I know how they pay out......They don't if they can help it. I would settle for the scumbags to give me back what I paid in.

What I see so many miss is a dollar in is not that same dollar out. Over the life of a worker the value of that dollar and its purchasing power drops due to inflation. Getting out what you put in would mean much more in payouts than you put in. Social Security is a scam plain and simple.

To answer the question, I would rather have the $1 million in PM's as they hold their value much better than a dollar.

When was the last time you heard of a person who was on Social Security that at death the benefits continued to that person's heirs?
NEVER RIGHT?

See this is the beauty of the privatized forced investing SS plan!
I've calculated since I began paying into SS/Medicare that if I had been when I started able to invest at my younger years in the stock market,i.e.
from 1967 for 20 years to 1987.. I'd averaged
In 1967 the DJIA was 879.12
In 1987 it was 2275.99 a 159% increase or over 20 years... or a 7.94% increase per year.
Then moving half out of "risky stock market"
The DJI from 1988 1939 (remember 1987 stock crash...) to 2008 the DJIA was in 13,264
Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) Yearly Returns

A gain of 29% per year!
I think I would have retired as my stock market account would be over $10 million by then!
And if I left it in the market 100% till retired at 65? $7 million!
2008 the DJIA was 8,776
2013 The DJIA was 13,104
Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) Yearly Returns
A gain of 49% over 10 years or 4.9% per year... still better then the bank!!!

Dow Jones

The major point most objectors to this plan have is THEY look at ONE year decline of the market!
Since 1900 (end-of-year 1899), through 2010, the average total return/year of the DJIA (Dow Jones Industrial Average) was approximately 9.4% -- 4.8% in price appreciation, plus approx 4.7% in dividends. (Some numbers won't add up due to rounding.)
Observations: Average Stock Market Return Since 19xx

The major point most objectors to this plan have is THEY look at ONE year decline of the market!
Since 1900 (end-of-year 1899), through 2010, the average total return/year of the DJIA (Dow Jones Industrial Average) was approximately 9.4% -- 4.8% in price appreciation, plus approx 4.7% in dividends. (Some numbers won't add up due to rounding.)

The main objection is that it's a pay as you go system. The money I'm putting in is going to those who are now retired. If we change the system the currently retired run out of money. So it cannot be done.

If you saved the money stolen for the SS slush fund and got even a modest return of 5% over your entire working life until age 68 or 70 you would be able to retire a millionaire and then some.

You'd be getting a lot more than the average SS check of 1200 a month and you'd have money let over to leave for your kids or grand kids.

In fact if you had a million and earned only 5% you could draw twice the average SS payment and die with more money than you started with in retirement.

People are always and I do mean always better off if they not the government controls their money.

That's why SS is forced on you sheep so you will have to rely on the government after all we can't have people walking around with all kinds of money now can we?

The main objection is that it's a pay as you go system. The money I'm putting in is going to those who are now retired. If we change the system the currently retired run out of money. So it cannot be done.

YOU ARE RIGHT!! The current system WILL run out of money because right now 2.5 workers support one retiree!

The privatization would be a CHOICE to anyone UNDER age 50 for example or some age that could be calculated.
So anyone say under 50 could choose:
A) Put my current FICA and my employers' contribution into a self directed savings account or stock program.
B) I don't wish to participate please continue as current plan.

So those that choose the privatized method would NO LONGER be the responsibility of the STATE.
Those that choose to continue to be the wards of the state would then count on the fixed payments at retirement.

YOU ARE RIGHT!! The current system WILL run out of money because right now 2.5 workers support one retiree!

The privatization would be a CHOICE to anyone UNDER age 50 for example or some age that could be calculated.
A) Put my current FICA and my employers' contribution into a self directed savings account or stock program.

So those that choose the privatized method would NO LONGER be the responsibility of the STATE.
Those that choose to continue to be the wards of the state would then count on the fixed payments at retirement.

If lots of people make that choice there wouldn't be money for those currently collecting SS. Where would the money come from for those over 50 when they retire?

If lots of people make that choice there wouldn't be money for those currently collecting SS. Where would the money come from for those over 50 when they retire?

Thank you for illustrating the forced dependency that is social security

Much is made about 70 being the new 50,
70 is the new 50 in the Workforce | TIME.com

This means for people LIKE ME age 71 I am still very active in my business nearly as much as I was when I was 50!

So while I'm getting MINE.. i.e. social security I don't understand why especially younger people don't figure out that because there are more of people like me, i.e. living longer then what SS originally planned in the 1930s i.e. (I'd be dead by 65!) they need to fix this!
Because as more of us live longer and yet we have SS kicking in at 65. With more retired people at 65 getting SS there are fewer younger people paying in!

Solution..
A) Raise retirement age to 70 for all those people currently under age 50!
B) Give the younger people the chance to tell SS where to put their payments... privatize SS!

So by raising the age we have more people paying in for those younger people when they retire at 70!
But more importantly IF NOT mandatory BUT IF the young employee wants to invest say at 25 their SS/Medicare payments into
the wild and risky stock market for 20 years then the next 20 switch a portion to more secure investments and then last 20 years
into totally secured risk free investments.. this 25 year old would have base on average starting salary of $30,000 with increases
in income over the 60 years would have nearly $1 million that is solely under the young worker control!
So at age 70 getting ready to retire this young (now old retiree) has money set aside MORE then traditional SS would pay.
Also with $1 million the health care costs would be taken care of with no need for medicare!

AND AGAIN NO one would be forced to participate in the privatized SS... you want traditional more power!
Two solutions that would solve the "safety net" destruction that is ahead!

You need to factor in how much it would cost to fund an annuity that would pay equal to survivor benefits to both a child in school and a spouse caring for said child, as well as disability benefits a person may be eligible before retirement age.

When you factor in those costs, the actual retirement benefit of 1800 or 2400 or so bucks a month is actually not a bad return, even though SS is insurance rather than an investment.

If it's not a bad rate of return then why have they had to double the cost of SS by % of income each generation? We can only double it two more times before it ends up costing that generation the majority of it's income earnings.

Take the checks. It has a terrific return if you live that long. You'll get back much more than you paid in.

Horse shit.. you get a better return on a crappy savings or money market account... and you can pass on the leftovers

If you pay the maximum into SS then you will not get back more than you put in, but most Americans never come close to putting in the maximum, so they make out just fine and they don't have to worry whether the money will be there or not. As much as some people worry that they won't get their SS when they retire, the fact is that unless the entire federal government collapses, SS will be there for everyone.

Yeah so it's ok to SCREW THE HELL OUT OF THE PEOPLE WHO PUT IN THE MAXIMUM OR CLOSE TO IT. It's ok because it's good marxist practice to FORCE PEOPLE TO ROW THE BOAT FOR THE MAJORITY.

Much is made about 70 being the new 50,
70 is the new 50 in the Workforce | TIME.com

This means for people LIKE ME age 71 I am still very active in my business nearly as much as I was when I was 50!

So while I'm getting MINE.. i.e. social security I don't understand why especially younger people don't figure out that because there are more of people like me, i.e. living longer then what SS originally planned in the 1930s i.e. (I'd be dead by 65!) they need to fix this!
Because as more of us live longer and yet we have SS kicking in at 65. With more retired people at 65 getting SS there are fewer younger people paying in!

Solution..
A) Raise retirement age to 70 for all those people currently under age 50!
B) Give the younger people the chance to tell SS where to put their payments... privatize SS!

So by raising the age we have more people paying in for those younger people when they retire at 70!
But more importantly IF NOT mandatory BUT IF the young employee wants to invest say at 25 their SS/Medicare payments into
the wild and risky stock market for 20 years then the next 20 switch a portion to more secure investments and then last 20 years
into totally secured risk free investments.. this 25 year old would have base on average starting salary of $30,000 with increases
in income over the 60 years would have nearly $1 million that is solely under the young worker control!
So at age 70 getting ready to retire this young (now old retiree) has money set aside MORE then traditional SS would pay.
Also with $1 million the health care costs would be taken care of with no need for medicare!

AND AGAIN NO one would be forced to participate in the privatized SS... you want traditional more power!
Two solutions that would solve the "safety net" destruction that is ahead!

I asked this before but don't think I got an answer.

Social security is a pay as you go system. So the money I'm putting in now is going for payments for people who are currently retired. So all my money is not just sitting somewhere waiting for me to collect. Given that, how can you start these private accounts? The money that would be used for them has to go to payments for current retirees.
And that is why it's a ponzi. Well that and the fact that it doubles with each generation of new "victims."

And to further answer Brain, you can't start them. Your money has been done stolen and gone a long time ago.

And to further answer Brain, you can't start them. Your money has been done stolen and gone a long time ago.

I disagree. The money was not actually stolen, it was used and/or promised to be returned at a later time if you are lucky enough to live that long.

IMO the way out of this is to own up to the debt and pay everyone what they are owed in a cash buyout, unless you opt to leave your cash buyout in place and collect it from the government in the form of monthly SS checks as originally promised.

We can get the money to pay for the one time cash buy out by using our current system of unlimited expansion of credit. IOW we'll just write it off as an investment. (This means we'll just invent the money by expanding the overall monetary supply.) Granted there may be some inflationary price issues that year but what the hell.

At that point there would be no more SS taxes. They would not be needed because everyone would already have their SS money, either in their hands if they took it, or in an account in their name at the SS office in the case where they wanted to leave their money in the hands of govco.

Last edited:

I disagree. The money was not actually stolen, it was used and/or promised to be returned at a later time if you are lucky enough to live that long.

IMO the way out of this is to own up to the debt and pay everyone what they are owed in a cash buyout, unless you opt to leave your cash buyout in place and collect it from the government in the form of monthly SS checks as originally promised.

We can get the money to pay for the one time cash buy out by using our current system of unlimited expansion of credit. IOW we'll just write it off as an investment. (This means we'll just invent the money by expanding the overall monetary supply.) Granted there may be some inflationary price issues that year but what the hell.

At that point there would be no more SS taxes. They would not be needed because everyone would already have their SS money, either in their hands if they took it, or in an account in their name at the SS office in the case where they wanted to leave their money in the hands of govco.

You have a $ amount for what this buyout would be?

You have a $ amount for what this buyout would be?

About 25t, give or take a few.

Last edited:

From the people that WERE NOT of the age to make the choice.
That's why I said "for example"... In 2014, over 59 million Americans will receive almost $863 billion in Social Security benefits.
There are currently 2.8 workers for each Social Security beneficiary. By 2033, there will be 2.1 workers for each beneficiary.
Social Security Administration: Social Security Basic Facts

Right now 2.8 workers SS deductions are pay one beneficiary an average of $1,294 monthly benefit.
In 1940, the life expectancy of a 65-year-old was almost 14 years; today it is about 20 years.

So two things will need to happen:
1) Retirement age for any of those UNDER say 50 years old that WANT to continue the current method would be 70.
2) Retirement age for any under 50 and want to choose would not be an issue.

Again.. I was suggesting age 50 would be the cut off point, i.e. any one under 50 can have the choice between privatize and traditional.
This decision age point is a suggestion that based on more thorough analysis might be older or younger depending on as you point out the payments for
those retiring.

In any event the SS trustees acknowledge going in the current method makes the reduction of payments in the future a certainty!
Social Security Administration: Social Security Basic Facts

The concepts of solvency, sustainability, and budget impact are common in discussions of Social Security, but are not well understood.
Currently, the Social Security Board of Trustees projects program cost to rise by 2035 so that taxes will be enough to pay for only 75 percent of scheduled benefits.

Forum List

Back