While plugging in my truck just now

In emergency management, thus the lockdown?
In a way. I work with mentally ill patients, (really reminds me of posting here) most referred to the facility by the courts. Since there are many facilities that have to be monitored, those of us unlucky enough to have trucks get stuck covering everything when these little storms come up.

Amazing. The So Cal 'STORM WATCH' whenever we are to get a shower, reporters up and down the coast. Big storm big storm... has left the station. They are now East Coast style.

Naming winter storms is gay

You'll like be 60 degrees tomorrow lol

-Geaux
same here, all the hype for days in advance about the snow, the intensity keeps growing, we are over the 2 ft range now.
I think this normally equates to a light dusting thats gone before rush hour starts. In which case, I dont get to make all the overtime this week.

Mentally ill patients? You have the right wing ward, I take it. Say hello to Redfish and S. J. for me.

I don't think I've ever in my life wimped out on going somewhere because "oh dear, there's snow on the ground" :gay:
Me either, however since I (evidently unlike you) have a job that does come with obligations to others, Im stuck. So, for this weekend I am going to be stuck there while the more liberal employees (like you) cry about how their Honda Hybrid and their Prius wont go in the snow.

Three things I've never done in my life: (1) owned a Prius; (2) owned a Honda Hybrid (why would one own both?) and (3) bagged out from going to a job --- or anywhere at all --- because the big bad snowflake monster would get me.

Damn son, grow a pear.
grow a pear? LOL, I do have apple trees, will they satisfy your desire to see me farming? I have peach trees too if that helps.

"....plug in my truck...."

Those words should be punishable by....well....having to spend a day with a liberal on a road trip.
Never owned a big truck eh? Got nuthin to do with liberals
I thought his comment was funny, I think he meant it that way. I dont think they make a hybrid truck do they? I mean, what good would it be, wouldn't be able to do any truck like work.

"....plug in my truck...."

Those words should be punishable by....well....having to spend a day with a liberal on a road trip.
Never owned a big truck eh? Got nuthin to do with liberals
I thought his comment was funny, I think he meant it that way. I dont think they make a hybrid truck do they? I mean, what good would it be, wouldn't be able to do any truck like work.
He had no idea what you ment. He made an ASSumption

since it would be sitting in below freezing temperatures all night, and realizing that I really need it to start quickly for the next few days due to the 1 to 2 feet of snow that we are getting ready for.
It dawned on me.
Thank God (and Al Gore) for global warming, if not for that we might really be in some deep trouble.
But on the bright side of things, I am going to be locked in at work from Friday afternoon until Monday morning, just think of all the overtime I'm going to be getting.
P.S.
For the liberals on here, overtime is when people get extra money for working more hours in a week than the typical liberal leach works in a year.
Total hours for this week, actually, Monday to Monday will be 120, in reality its only 84 but since Im locked in, I get paid for even my down time while there.
This has been a very good week.
OK, dumb fuck. And 52 degrees in Portland, Oregon. Not an unusual temperature for January. Are the temperatures you are getting unusual for where you live? Were they unusual in December?

since it would be sitting in below freezing temperatures all night, and realizing that I really need it to start quickly for the next few days due to the 1 to 2 feet of snow that we are getting ready for.
It dawned on me.
Thank God (and Al Gore) for global warming, if not for that we might really be in some deep trouble.
But on the bright side of things, I am going to be locked in at work from Friday afternoon until Monday morning, just think of all the overtime I'm going to be getting.
P.S.
For the liberals on here, overtime is when people get extra money for working more hours in a week than the typical liberal leach works in a year.
Total hours for this week, actually, Monday to Monday will be 120, in reality its only 84 but since Im locked in, I get paid for even my down time while there.
OK, dumb fuck. And 52 degrees in Portland, Oregon. Not an unusual temperature for January. Are the temperatures you are getting unusual for where you live? Were they unusual in December?
pretty much normal weather here.
Decembers have been hit or miss since I can remember, most the time warmer, but now and again some snow. Never anything of substance. this snow is a few weeks early for us, but not at all out of the norm. There is no global warming, at least not since the 60s

Must be a diesel
It dawned on me.
P.S.
I didn't think anyone in Maryland bothered to plug in a truck in the winter, must be a diesel. Here in the mountains of western Va I make sure my snow blower is still running. My F-150 with two 4 wheel modes pretty much gets me out. The good news is that it might get into the (normal) 40's by monday and tuesday so we can hunker down until then unless the power goes out and we have to fire up the generator. Gas is cheap enough to stockpile about 20 gal. I hear the global warming people are admitting that the globe isn't really warming and they are promoting some other doomsday scenario.

It dawned on me.
P.S.

Well, you have FDR, a liberal, to thank for your overtime pay. Republicans fought hard to destroy it, but were unable to do it.

Must be a diesel
It dawned on me.
P.S.
I didn't think anyone in Maryland bothered to plug in a truck in the winter, must be a diesel. Here in the mountains of western Va I make sure my snow blower is still running. My F-150 with two 4 wheel modes pretty much gets me out. The good news is that it might get into the (normal) 40's by monday and tuesday so we can hunker down until then unless the power goes out and we have to fire up the generator. Gas is cheap enough to stockpile about 20 gal. I hear the global warming people are admitting that the globe isn't really warming and they are promoting some other doomsday scenario.
yes diesel, and I only plug it in when its going to be below 20, I dont like starting it with cold oil.
I have a 275 gallon tank on the property that I keep filled with diesel so I dont have to run to the gas station.
Only reason I have it is because my travel trailer is 13,000lbs and I wanted something that could hold speed through the mountains while towing. I also have a 90 gallon bed tank that I put in when going on the cross country trips gives me 140 gallons when the truck and bed tank are full. I remove the auxiliary tank when Im not going to be towing.

Forum List

Back