While you were sleeping: Obama transfers 5 Gitmo detainees to UAE

I wonder who he's going to pardon on his last few days in office...he's liable to empty the prisons and turn them loose on us....

Late Sunday night (!), the Pentagon announced that 5 Guantanamo detainees were being transferred to the United Arab Emirates. This, despite the fact that today, the president will sign the Defense Reauthorization Act, which contains specific language that would restrict such transfers.

Read more: Blog: While you were sleeping: Obama transfers 5 Gitmo detainees to UAE
Had they been charged with any crimes? Had they been tried for crimes? Had it been proven that they had committed any crimes?

Did he have the decency to volunteer his two daughters as a surety against their
future possible terrorist activities?

Late Sunday night (!), the Pentagon announced that 5 Guantanamo detainees were being transferred to the United Arab Emirates. This, despite the fact that today, the president will sign the Defense Reauthorization Act, which contains specific language that would restrict such transfers.

Read more: Blog: While you were sleeping: Obama transfers 5 Gitmo detainees to UAE
Had they been charged with any crimes? Had they been tried for crimes? Had it been proven that they had committed any crimes?
too bad.....we didn't start the war......four are low-level fighters but one of them is suspected of having been a bodyguard of OBL.....

And if they hadn't then they could be released at the end of the war. That's the way the whole POW thing works.

Our beloved Pres. Obama did the right thing in freeing these innocent men. .... :thup:

the people released were cleared for release eons ago.

try them or release them. end of story.

I'm not sure we will survive another year of him. He is behind all these groups like the OWS, BLM etc that is causing all these riots and protesting's on our colleges. He's allowing 100's of thousands illegal invaders into our country and trying to give amnesty to 5-7million people by going around our representation in Congress.

we should be up there with pitchforks running him out of our white house where he's sullied it to with lighting it up in rainbow colors. he is a traitor, a fraud, and a danger to us all

where is the requirement that they be given 'trials'.....?

Just find a few MORE American traitors and empty out Gitmo in trade.

Can't bring them to the US . Scared ass republicans made sure of that .

You brave lib/democrats should have volunteered to bring them into your homes and pay to take care of them too. I'm sure Obama would give you our tax dollars for it. You don't have any idea on how I country runs do you? . it's WE THE people, it' not: whatever Obama wants Obama gets.

Last edited:

You brave lib/democrats should have volunteered to bring them into your homes and pay to take care of them too. I'm sure Obama would give you our tax dollars for it. You don't have any idea on how I country runs do you? . it's WE THE people, it' not: whatever Obama wants Obama gets.

You want to talk about taxpayer dollars? Get Moe is one of the most expensive places on the planet because it's in Cuba and everything has to be brought in by air. So spare me the lecture about text dollars.

Do you have a clue what it costs "we the people" to keep GITMO open? Much cheaper to transfer them to a Federal stateside prison.

Do you have a clue what it costs "we the people" to keep GITMO open? Much cheaper to transfer them to a Federal stateside prison.
Where when it was found out they were, would be found dead and nobody would know why .

Sad that you can't see that your usually public-opinion-loving hero really sucks at image control.

I have zero issue with the release, nor the closing of the GTMO prison camp, even.

You've gotta admit that it was a real "Du-oh" move to allow the release to proceed at this particular time.
They've been in prison for 13 years. Another week isn't even a blink.

I wonder how the French feel about the spit in their eye.....

Forum List

Back