While You Weren’t Watching...

Libs hate fracking but don't understand how it has released us from a middle east strangle hold...we no longer have to worry about oil production in the middle east...because of fracking....be thankful for it and stop the BS stories about it....

There is no way on a planet of this size that man a drill and some water blasters will cause an earthquake on a scale that we can register.....its just not feasible....

Libs hate fracking but don't understand how it has released us from a middle east strangle hold...we no longer have to worry about oil production in the middle east...because of fracking....be thankful for it and stop the BS stories about it....
Interested in "releasing us from the Middle East strangle hold" huh?

Why not invest in the electronic car infrastructure.

You are aware that that was killed by the oil interests here in the US decades ago, right?

There has been a surge in earthquakes in the Midwest. Thousands have happened over the past 10 years. Scientists attribute the rise to fracking operations.

This was from the summary of the article:

Scientific studies attribute the rise in earthquakes to the disposal of wastewater produced during oil extraction that has been injected more deeply into the ground.[11][12]

Deepwater injection is more than just fracking operations.

You are aware that that was killed by the oil interests here in the US decades ago, right?

Electric cars require electricity generated from power plants. Those are either nuclear, coal or natural gas fired.

If you chose natural gas, you still have the issue of drilling.

Frankly, I don't know that we can replace that much oil with anything else. We burn through a lot of oil in one day.

Because they are "electric"...where are you going to get all of that electricity?....sun?...wind?...think again....it comes from oil and coal....electric cars are as polluting as combustion engines....until we can produce super fast charging solar panels that will charge on cloudy days with small easy to handle batteries that will hold an unlimited amount of power and charge quickly we are not going to move away from oil in any significant way....I'm not saying we shouldn't try and keep working on it...but we are just not there yet....anyone with solar on the roof of their home or RV will tell you the same thing....

Electric cars require electricity generated from power plants. Those are either nuclear, coal or natural gas fired.

If you chose natural gas, you still have the issue of drilling.

Frankly, I don't know that we can replace that much oil with anything else. We burn through a lot of oil in one day.
That's right...we are a vast nation with miles and miles of roadway...100% total electric only cars are just not going to cut it for everyone...I do look forward to better solar panels and solar paint is being studied...A team of researchers have developed solar paint that generates energy from water vapor....put simply...the paint works by absorbing moisture from the air and using solar energy to break the water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen...it sounds fascinating but we won't see it for decades I presume....but it could be the future....

Because they are "electric"...where are you going to get all of that electricity?....sun?...wind?...think again....it comes from oil and coal....electric cars are as polluting as combustion engines....until we can produce super fast charging solar panels that will charge on cloudy days with small easy to handle batteries that will hold an unlimited amount of power and charge quickly we are not going to move away from oil in any significant way....I'm not saying we shouldn't try and keep working on it...but we are just not there yet....anyone with solar on the roof of their home or RV will tell you the same thing....
Why do you think Big Oil spent billions of dollars killing the development of electric car technology?

Why do you think Big Oil spent billions of dollars killing the development of electric car technology?
IF...they did its because they are greedy...and IF...they did it didn't work....there are hybrid cars all over the place.....the only thing slowing them down is dependability and reliability to get you where you need to go....but I question your assumption.....

The Chevy Volt is being discontinued this year due to dismally low sales. Funny that. Every liberal wants electric cars built...but none of them seem to want to buy them."

"On Tuesday, the last Volt was built with little ceremony at a Detroit factory that's now slated to close. Sales averaged less than 20,000 per year, not enough to sustain the costly undertaking."

How many people have died directly from an earthquake caused by fracking?

There has been a surge in earthquakes in the Midwest. Thousands have happened over the past 10 years. Scientists attribute the rise to fracking operations.

Fracking?...really?...I guess we never had earthquakes until we started fracking.....where do you libs find this nonsense?...
They didn't have them in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma now has more earthquakes on a regular basis than California. Are they due to fracking?

Fracking?...really?...I guess we never had earthquakes until we started fracking.....where do you libs find this nonsense?...

Oklahoma now has more earthquakes on a regular basis than California. Are they due to fracking?
Take a look at the fault lines in the mid west....they have had earthquakes there forever...life didn't begin at your birth....pick up a geological history book....fracking is safe...every time lies about it are told they are debunked by science....

Take a look at the fault lines in the mid west....they have had earthquakes there forever...life didn't begin at your birth....pick up a geological history book....fracking is safe...every time lies about it are told they are debunked by science....just look at the seismic activity in yellowstone....the earth is still cooling and changing under our feet....we are not doing anything to advance that reality....

Forum List

Back