White college fraternity in Oklahoma shut down for overt racism

I am arguing for government to fuck off and let people live their lives.

Bullshit.

You said the students should be legally protected from getting expelled. Who the fuck did you have in mind that would provide that protection if not the government?

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!
Who was going to do the expelling? You really are very very dense, arent you?

So state schools shouldn't be allowed to expel anyone once they're admitted, is that what you believe?
NO, you idiot. Are you planning on arguing by misrpresenting what I wrote? If so go fuck yourself.

If I misrepresented anything you wrote, it's only because you repeatedly contradict yourself.

On one hand you say you want the government to keep their noses out of it, and on the other hand you say these students should be legally protected from getting expelled.

Perhaps you should make up your mind.
Maybe you're not verybright. Actually I know that. Protecting someone from gov't action is not asking for gov't action. Perhaps you should take a course in logic. Or reading. Or soemthing.
Remind me why these kids should be expelled for a private video on a private bus on the way to a private event.

Government guarantees you free speech
Unless you say something they dont like at a government school, you are expelled. :lol: no double think there at all.

The government can't pass a law or prosecute you for your speech

You can get expelled from a government school for what you say just the same as a private school
So the first amendment only applies in public settings when you say things the government likes. Got it. :lol:

That is not what he said. A couple students have been expelled now. Personally, I think those students may have a legal claim against OU for it as it is a public institution. We'll see what happens but I would not be at all surprised to see this end up in court.

On what grounds would the students have any legal claim whatsoever?

Bullshit.

You said the students should be legally protected from getting expelled. Who the fuck did you have in mind that would provide that protection if not the government?

So state schools shouldn't be allowed to expel anyone once they're admitted, is that what you believe?
NO, you idiot. Are you planning on arguing by misrpresenting what I wrote? If so go fuck yourself.

If I misrepresented anything you wrote, it's only because you repeatedly contradict yourself.

On one hand you say you want the government to keep their noses out of it, and on the other hand you say these students should be legally protected from getting expelled.

Maybe you're not verybright. Actually I know that. Protecting someone from gov't action is not asking for gov't action. Perhaps you should take a course in logic. Or reading. Or soemthing.
Remind me why these kids should be expelled for a private video on a private bus on the way to a private event.

I'm not convinced they should be expelled.

I'm merely saying it's well within the universities rights to do so.

Because unlike you, my love of freedom is not couched in biased political ideology.

Unless you say something they dont like at a government school, you are expelled. :lol: no double think there at all.
What does that have to do with the consequences of that free speech? Youre an idiot in another country trying to interpret what goes on over here.
lol.gif
I am sorry I must have missed the clause in the first amendment that protects your precious feelings :lol:
The first amendment has nothing to do with consequences of free speech. It just lets you know you have the right to face the consequences.
lol.gif

So when is Rev Wright's United Church of Christ going to be shut down for the same reason?
or when will Asclepias be banned for his overt racism? Just a joke till the law is applied equally for all

Bullshit.

They broke the rules?

Because unlike you, my love of freedom is not couched in biased political ideology.
Why is it in the university's right to do so?

Yea. Violence against people who say things in private. Totally rational, just as protesting against mean words in private is :lol:
What violence? I just want to see how brave they are. Most likely they are little scary white boys like you.
lol.gif
Gang assaulting someone for saying mean words. How brave that would be of them :lol:
Saying mean words is not gang assaulting. I bet they wouldnt sing their song though would they?
lol.gif
Of course it isnt. You want to punish someone for mean words yet support gang assault against them for saying it. Totally rational there :lol:
I only support people standing up for what they believe. To test that I think they should sing their song locked in a room with the OU football and hoop team. For example If I met you face to face I would say much worse to you than I say on this board and dare you to say anything back. You on the other hand wouldnt say anything.
lol.gif
:lol: You are a broken record. Too bad there isn't a affirmative action program for you to come up with an original post. :lol:

They make the rules?

What violence? I just want to see how brave they are. Most likely they are little scary white boys like you.
lol.gif
Gang assaulting someone for saying mean words. How brave that would be of them :lol:
Saying mean words is not gang assaulting. I bet they wouldnt sing their song though would they?
lol.gif
Of course it isnt. You want to punish someone for mean words yet support gang assault against them for saying it. Totally rational there :lol:
I only support people standing up for what they believe. To test that I think they should sing their song locked in a room with the OU football and hoop team. For example If I met you face to face I would say much worse to you than I say on this board and dare you to say anything back. You on the other hand wouldnt say anything.
lol.gif
:lol: You are a broken record. Too bad there isn't a affirmative action program for you to come up with an original post. :lol:
You are a broken joke. Too bad there isnt a affirmative action program for you to get some better material.
lol.gif

Bullshit.

I thought the legal system was part of the government?

What does that have to do with the consequences of that free speech? Youre an idiot in another country trying to interpret what goes on over here.
lol.gif
I am sorry I must have missed the clause in the first amendment that protects your precious feelings :lol:
The first amendment has nothing to do with consequences of free speech. It just lets you know you have the right to face the consequences.
lol.gif
Must have missed the consequences from the government clause. Kind of like how Patrick Henry said. Give me liberty,unless the government doesn't approve and wants to selectively prosecute, or give me death. :lol:

The University of Oklahoma boasts over 420 registered student organizations that cover a wide variety of interests from academic initiatives to recreational sports, religious groups, honor societies, hobbies, cultural clubs, and more.

All student organizations at the University of Oklahoma are required to register with the Student Government Association (SGA) in order to become or remain eligible for the SGA primary funding process. New organizations may register at any time during the academic year if funding is not of consideration.

Registered organizations receive benefits from the University of Oklahoma including free or discounted reservations of University facilities, the ability to publicize on campus, an assigned mailbox in the Conoco Wing of the Union, sponsorship opportunities from University departments, a University Web site and e-mail address, and more.

Register a Student Organization

Membership in, association with, and benefits emanating from the Organization and its related activities shall be based upon such considerations as performance, educational achievement, and other criteria related to the goals of the organization and purposes of the activities. Judgments in this regard based solely on an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, or political belief are not judgments based on such considerations. Further, the purpose of the organization must be consistent with public policy as established by prevailing University Community standards.

http://www.ou.edu/content/studentli...download/file.res/Model Constitution 2012.pdf

They make the rules?
So the university has carte blanche to expel students for anything whatsoever? I dont think so.

lol.gif
lol.gif
Must have missed the consequences from the government clause. Kind of like how Patrick Henry said. Give me liberty,unless the government doesn't approve and wants to selectively prosecute, or give me death. :lol:
You miss a lot of things. Dangers of not being educated.
lol.gif

So when is Rev Wright's United Church of Christ going to be shut down for the same reason?
or when will Asclepias be banned for his overt racism? Just a joke till the law is applied equally for all

Except that this case has zero to do with the application of any laws.

Otherwise, nice try corky. :thup:

They make the rules?
So the university has carte blanche to expel students for anything whatsoever? I dont think so.
Thats what rules are for. I know you dont think but thats what we are trying to correct for you.

The University of Oklahoma boasts over 420 registered student organizations that cover a wide variety of interests from academic initiatives to recreational sports, religious groups, honor societies, hobbies, cultural clubs, and more.

All student organizations at the University of Oklahoma are required to register with the Student Government Association (SGA) in order to become or remain eligible for the SGA primary funding process. New organizations may register at any time during the academic year if funding is not of consideration.

Registered organizations receive benefits from the University of Oklahoma including free or discounted reservations of University facilities, the ability to publicize on campus, an assigned mailbox in the Conoco Wing of the Union, sponsorship opportunities from University departments, a University Web site and e-mail address, and more.

Register a Student Organization

Membership in, association with, and benefits emanating from the Organization and its related activities shall be based upon such considerations as performance, educational achievement, and other criteria related to the goals of the organization and purposes of the activities. Judgments in this regard based solely on an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, or political belief are not judgments based on such considerations. Further, the purpose of the organization must be consistent with public policy as established by prevailing University Community standards.

http://www.ou.edu/content/studentlife/get_involved/student_organizations/register/jcr:content/contentpar/download/file.res/Model Constitution 2012.pdf
I dont believe that covers frats.

Forum List

Back