White or Black, who looks more suspicious?

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
White, black, American Indian, pacific islander, or Asian, which of these people looks more suspicious or scary to you?

Do you feel that you can't answer this question without fear of being perceived as a racist? Do you need to evade answering this question? Do you feel like you want to censor the thread?

Which of these five races, as defined by the US Census, looks the most suspicious or scariest to you?

White, black, American Indian, pacific islander, or Asian, which of these people looks more suspicious or scary to you?

Do you feel that you can't answer this question without fear of being perceived as a racist? Do you need to evade answering this question? Do you feel like you want to censor the thread?

Which of these five races, as defined by the US Census, looks the most suspicious or scariest to you?

A well dressed black man, or a white guy in a dirty tank top and shorts falling down? The white guy.

Reverse the way they're dressed and kempt, and that reverses.

Other things being equal, black but only because they are statistically more likely to commit violence against others, particularly in certain locations & since woke CRT ideology became their gospel.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just judge by character & leave race out completely? The left ain't having any of that

The racism of the left has caused the racial tensions we have today

Jesse Jackson was referring to when you can't see the when he said: "There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved...."

Other things being equal, black but only because they are statistically more likely to commit violence against others, particularly in certain locations & since woke CRT ideology became their gospel.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just judge by character & leave race out completely? The left ain't having any of that

The racism of the left has caused the racial tensions we have today
Glad to see you weren't afraid to answer the question! Statistically speaking, this makes a lot of sense. Maybe this is why lefties try to hide the statistics.

6White, black, American Indian, pacific islander, or Asian, which of these people looks more suspicious or scary to you?

Recently I have seen a number of news clips where black individuals attacked older adults or Asian women.

Of course that tends to cause my alert status to go up slightly for members of that race when encounter them on the street. Slightly means I am just a little more watchful.

If I had watched news clips where white teenagers were attacking elderly people like me, my alert status would go up slightly when approached by a pack of white teenagers.

I practice situational awareness. That basically means I don’t walk down dark streets with a cell phone glued to my ear. I keep my radar on and if I detect something that causes the hair on the back of my neck to stand up — I leave the area.

Marxist.....

Glad to see you weren't afraid to answer the question! Statistically speaking, this makes a lot of sense. Maybe this is why lefties try to hide the statistics.
I'm the type that wants to assume the best about people in most circumstances until proven wrong.
My best friend for over 40 years is a black man & I love him & his family. I would die for him if it ever came to that.
In fact, the VAST majority of black people I come across are great people who I can laugh, cut up with & have a great conversation.

Unfortunately, in the few times I have been discriminated against as a white person, it was a black person doing it.
But that represents a tiny, tiny fraction of overall interactions.

The blacks are statistically more likely to commit violence only because a small subset is extremely violent & skew the numbers with so many offenses.
Remove the gangsta culture (whites, Hispanics, Asians & others are in this category as well) & blacks want the same as the rest of us- to be left alone to make their own adult decisions regarding how to live their lives & raise their families.
That's what I generally assume when I meet them for the first time.

I don't answer the door to obvious religious fundamentalists, white or black wanting to enlighten me but I don't fear them either. If a couple of strange white dudes in a car I didn't recognize came knocking, I would pack heat when answering the door if I answered at all. If a couple of black dudes came rolling up my driveway I would have a firearm available. It's easy to protect yourself in a rural area but not so easy for a woman to jog down the mean streets of Tennessee I guess. What's your question again?

People like my dad and older sister are the reason why I will never be a racist person.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Evading the opening post question makes it look like you are afraid you might be called a racist, even though you know you aren't.

Recently I have seen a number of news clips where black individuals attacked older adults or Asian women.

Of course that tends to cause my alert status to go up slightly for members of that race when encounter them on the street. Slightly means I am just a little more watchful.

If I had watched news clips where white teenagers were attacking elderly people like me, my alert status would go up slightly when approached by a pack of white teenagers.

I practice situational awareness. That basically means I don’t walk down dark streets with a cell phone glued to my ear. I keep my radar on and if I detect something that causes the hair on the back of my neck to stand up — I leave the area.

Yeah. Any pack of teenagers out on the street at night calls for observation. It's not race to me in that situation, but body language, location and time. Our brains tend to process all that normally very quickly without going through the numbers if we are just alert.
In one on one situations, like say at the AM-PM at 3 in the morning its more about body language and the persons facial expressions

Even circumstances can be deceiving sometimes. Recently I was walking up the steps to this small walking bridge in my town, but there was a group of teenagers sitting there, blocking my way, smoking weed. There was a black kid, and a couple white kids. They quickly gave me space. The black kid said, "What's up?', and one of the white kids complimented me on my Steelers hat. :dunno:

Forum List

Back