WHITHER IMPEACHMENT?

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Coming out about the “whistleblower”–read, Democratic Party activist–who triggered impeachment mania, and it does not put the Democrats in a positive light. The New York Times reports that the “whistleblower” has long been working with Congressional Democrats:

The Democratic head of the House Intelligence Committee, Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, learned about the outlines of a C.I.A. officer’s concerns that President Trump had abused his power days before the officer filed a whistle-blower complaint, according to a spokesman and current and former American officials.

A “spokesman”? I assume that means a Schiff spokesman, although that isn’t clear.

The C.I.A. officer approached a House Intelligence Committee aide with his concerns about Mr. Trump only after he had had a colleague first convey them to the C.I.A.’s top lawyer. Concerned about how that initial avenue for airing his allegations through the C.I.A. was unfolding, the officer then approached the House aide. In both cases, the original accusation was vague.

A striking admission!

The House staff member, following the committee’s procedures, suggested the officer find a lawyer to advise him and meet with an inspector general, with whom he could file a whistle-blower complaint. The aide shared some of what the officer conveyed to Mr. Schiff.

So a great deal has been going on behind the scenes. The complaint was filed in August, so Schiff had known about it for a month and a half before it became public. This means that the leaders of the Democratic Party had lots of time to coordinate the rollout of the impeachment drama. Which, in turn, explains my observation that within hours after Nancy Pelosi announced the launching of an impeachment inquiry, I was getting emails from Democratic politicians with coordinated talking points, demanding that the president be impeached.

(Excerpt) Read more at powerlineblog.com ..

------------

It is wrong that Trump cannot face his accuser, who is allowed to be secret so Trump’s defense lawyers cannot properly assess whether he has strengths and weaknesses, vulnerabilities, biases and connections (gave to Hillary campaign, furious and wants revenge against Trump for something 10 years ago, his brother worked for Schiff,etc.)

By the way, a “whistleblower” was always supposed to have first hand knowledge, not hearsay. Recently lowered the bar. Now a guy someone heard at a bus stop,heard from a guy at a bar,who knew a guy who knew Trump’s former butler and has the goods on Trump. But he is totally anonymous.

Someday the phony whistleblower will be revealed at the hearing and say “Hi, mom.” and Mad Maxine will say “Hi, son.” No bias there.

Coming out about the “whistleblower”–read, Democratic Party activist–who triggered impeachment mania, and it does not put the Democrats in a positive light. The New York Times reports that the “whistleblower” has long been working with Congressional Democrats:

The Democratic head of the House Intelligence Committee, Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, learned about the outlines of a C.I.A. officer’s concerns that President Trump had abused his power days before the officer filed a whistle-blower complaint, according to a spokesman and current and former American officials.

A “spokesman”? I assume that means a Schiff spokesman, although that isn’t clear.

The C.I.A. officer approached a House Intelligence Committee aide with his concerns about Mr. Trump only after he had had a colleague first convey them to the C.I.A.’s top lawyer. Concerned about how that initial avenue for airing his allegations through the C.I.A. was unfolding, the officer then approached the House aide. In both cases, the original accusation was vague.

A striking admission!

The House staff member, following the committee’s procedures, suggested the officer find a lawyer to advise him and meet with an inspector general, with whom he could file a whistle-blower complaint. The aide shared some of what the officer conveyed to Mr. Schiff.

So a great deal has been going on behind the scenes. The complaint was filed in August, so Schiff had known about it for a month and a half before it became public. This means that the leaders of the Democratic Party had lots of time to coordinate the rollout of the impeachment drama. Which, in turn, explains my observation that within hours after Nancy Pelosi announced the launching of an impeachment inquiry, I was getting emails from Democratic politicians with coordinated talking points, demanding that the president be impeached.

(Excerpt) Read more at powerlineblog.com ..

------------

It is wrong that Trump cannot face his accuser, who is allowed to be secret so Trump’s defense lawyers cannot properly assess whether he has strengths and weaknesses, vulnerabilities, biases and connections (gave to Hillary campaign, furious and wants revenge against Trump for something 10 years ago, his brother worked for Schiff,etc.)

By the way, a “whistleblower” was always supposed to have first hand knowledge, not hearsay. Recently lowered the bar. Now a guy someone heard at a bus stop,heard from a guy at a bar,who knew a guy who knew Trump’s former butler and has the goods on Trump. But he is totally anonymous.

Someday the phony whistleblower will be revealed at the hearing and say “Hi, mom.” and Mad Maxine will say “Hi, son.” No bias there.
I wish the Dim Dems would just get on with it and impeach our DULY elected president already! And even IF he IS impeached, he would never be convicted by the Senate, which would take a TWO THIRDS Yes vote for the conviction to go through and have President Donald Trump removed from office. It's not going to happen, you LOONY LIBS!

Forum List

Back