Who are the Americans Left in Afghanistan?

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Serious question, Who are the 10,000 plus Americans left Afghanistan and why were they there in the 1st place? Now they are sawing there are oveer 30,000 Afghans they want to import too. First get the Americans out than worry about the others The priority should be getting the Americans out.

Contractors and their families: Cleaners, cooks, development employees, servers, technicians, who worked on the bases, as well as private security personnel. It takes a large private sector presence to support that big of a military venture.

Soldiers don't do KP and peel potatoes any more, like they used to do in the old days.

Serious question, Who are the 10,000 plus Americans left Afghanistan and why were they there in the 1st place?
Here's one reason...
Brzezinski.jpeg

In 1998 Ziggy gave an interview (Le Nouvel Observateur) confirming exactly when the US began funding the Mujahiddin in Afghanistan:

Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs that the American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahiddin in Afghanistan six months before the Soviet intervention. In this period, you were the national security advisor to President Carter. You therefore played a key role in this affair. Is this correct?

Brzezinski:
Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahiddin began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan on December 24, 1979. But the reality, closely guarded until now, is completely otherwise:

"Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention [emphasis added throughout]."

“Revelations of Carter’s Former Advisor : ‘Yes, the CIA entered Afghanistan before the Russians…’” (1998) | MR Online

Which is the un-winnable war?

Chicago Homicides vs US Casualties in Afghanistan 2001-2021

Afghanistan - 2,354
XXXXXXXX

Chicago
- 10,177 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Forum List

Back