Who are the unemployed?

I was watching Jeopardy tonight and saw a commercial with Mitten expressing "concern" over jobs and it got me thinking.

I have five siblings, all are married, none of them or their spouses are unemployed and in fact have the same jobs they had for at least the past 10 years. I have over 30 cousins, and their spouses, who also are not unemployed and have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more. My husband has three siblings, and they, and their spouses have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more, with one exception: an in-law that was layed off during the Bush administration and never went back to work (an uber-conservative, btw). Five of us have our own businesses and are making a profit.

At USMB, I know of four people that have complained of being unemployed: Annie, BM, Immie, and Sallow (one lib out of four) and two business "owners" that can't make it in today's economy: GrumpyGramps and Dudball.

It seems conservatives have more trouble being gainfully employed and that doesn't bode well for personal responsibility.

:eusa_eh:

Well, the truth lies somewhere in between. While there are many who have lost their jobs and cannot find employment equal to what they lost, the fact is that at least 90% of the people who want to be working are working. The problem is that American business has learned to be profitable on that 90% and are not really interested in trying to further grow their businesses. That is a very general statement, but it is somewhat the crux of our problem.
Wouldn't it be more correct to say that many American businesses want to grow their profits without hiring more Americans?

I was watching Jeopardy tonight and saw a commercial with Mitten expressing "concern" over jobs and it got me thinking.

I have five siblings, all are married, none of them or their spouses are unemployed and in fact have the same jobs they had for at least the past 10 years. I have over 30 cousins, and their spouses, who also are not unemployed and have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more. My husband has three siblings, and they, and their spouses have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more, with one exception: an in-law that was layed off during the Bush administration and never went back to work (an uber-conservative, btw). Five of us have our own businesses and are making a profit.

At USMB, I know of four people that have complained of being unemployed: Annie, BM, Immie, and Sallow (one lib out of four) and two business "owners" that can't make it in today's economy: GrumpyGramps and Dudball.

It seems conservatives have more trouble being gainfully employed and that doesn't bode well for personal responsibility.

WOW you are a pathetic Hack.

So, now are you going to tell us it's all a vast right wing Conspiracy and we have no problem with Unemployment?

The more you make a fool of yourself, the more you claim victory! :cuckoo:

You are too stupid to know your MessiahRushie was bullshitting you when he told you a weekly claims report for October had an effect on the September jobs report, so you moronically parrot it on a public forum and you think that makes you brilliant.
What an idiot!!! :rofl::lmao:

In U.S., Unadjusted Unemployment at 7.3% in Mid-October

0ifue-mpz0-f1vk2eurmea.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
You people want my guy to FAIL!
Of course we do.
You want the American people to suffer so your Party can profit. You, like your MessiahRushie, are America-hating CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood scum.

September 18, 2012
RUSH: I happen to know that Romney wants for this country the same thing I want.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH:* Joe the Plumber.* Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

Dumb ass you were asked

Pinhead we've been through this before I put you down then as now. nothing has changed the fact that obama is the boss of the people who over see the departments that collects the data for unemployment. It's election time I said months back unemployment would be below 8% at election time.

You are too stupid to know your MessiahRushie was bullshitting you when he told you a weekly claims report for October had an effect on the September jobs report, so you moronically parrot it on a public forum and you think that makes you brilliant.

Gallup is a pollster.
Unless you can post a link indicating from where these mysterious employment figures come, we call bullshit..

The math of the last BLS stats does not add up..How in the hell could the addition of just over 100,000 jobs subtract three tenths of a percent in the rate?
100,000 jobs is less than .001 of the total workforce?
And how is it possible for Obama to add the alleged 5 million private sector jobs ( Obama's words in debate #2) and not have the unemployment rate down to 5%?
The answer is: It is NOT possible.
Your side has been making up shit, creating a new reality and attempting to change the narrative away from Obama's record for long enough.
We are pinning Obama's record on his chest where it will stick to him like silly putty

Do you realize first those were the WEEKLY unemployment insurance claims numbers, and second they have nothing to do with the BLS unemployment rate?

What a pinhead!!! :rofl::lmao:

Pinhead we've been through this before I put you down then as now. nothing has changed the fact that obama is the boss of the people who over see the departments that collects the data for unemployment. It's election time I said months back unemployment would be below 8% at election time.

so gallup is now an accepted source for unemployment tracking? :eusa_eh:

I seem remember you scoffing at that when they had it at what was it above 8.3 or 4 and the bls had it at lower......

Well, the truth lies somewhere in between. While there are many who have lost their jobs and cannot find employment equal to what they lost, the fact is that at least 90% of the people who want to be working are working. The problem is that American business has learned to be profitable on that 90% and are not really interested in trying to further grow their businesses. That is a very general statement, but it is somewhat the crux of our problem.
Wouldn't it be more correct to say that many American businesses want to grow their profits without hiring more Americans?

of course they do if they can, and you wouldn't?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
You people want my guy to FAIL!
Of course we do.
You want the American people to suffer so your Party can profit. You, like your MessiahRushie, are America-hating CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood scum.

September 18, 2012
RUSH: I happen to know that Romney wants for this country the same thing I want.

November 5, 2008

October 31, 2008

Dumb ass you were asked

Gallup is a pollster.
Unless you can post a link indicating from where these mysterious employment figures come, we call bullshit..

The math of the last BLS stats does not add up..How in the hell could the addition of just over 100,000 jobs subtract three tenths of a percent in the rate?
And how is it possible for Obama to add the alleged 5 million private sector jobs ( Obama's words in debate #2) and not have the unemployment rate down to 5%?
Your side has been making up shit, creating a new reality and attempting to change the narrative away from Obama's record for long enough.
We are pinning Obama's record on his chest where it will stick to him like silly putty
Hey dumbass, the link has always been there just above the chart, I made it bigger for you. At the bottom of the link page is the survey info. But thank you for admitting you are too stupid to know how to click on a link.

so gallup is now an accepted source for unemployment tracking? :eusa_eh:

I seem remember you scoffing at that when they had it at what was it above 8.3 or 4 and the bls had it at lower......
You have it ass backwards as usual. It was your side who worshipped the Gallup unadjusted UE rate when it was higher than the seasonally adjusted BLS rate. The people you call "scoffers" merely pointed out the BLS unadjusted rate was about the same as Gallup and predicted that the Right would throw Gallup under the bus as soon as the unadjusted rate fell below the seasonally adjusted rate. Time has proven the "scoffers" right!!!
Thank you for reminding us.

February 16, 2012
RUSH: I'm starting to believe that "seasonally adjusted" is just code word "for manipulated to help incumbent presidents."

Last edited:

September 18, 2012

November 5, 2008

October 31, 2008

Dumb ass you were asked

Gallup is a pollster.

Hey dumbass, the link has always been there just above the chart, I made it bigger for you. At the bottom of the link page is the survey info. But thank you for admitting you are too stupid to know how to click on a link.

Who of the 30,000 are they calling? This wouldn't have anything to do with the DOJ suing Gallop would it?
The reality of the economy does not justify the lower numbers.
If unemployment was truly this low at 7.8 don't you think blacks unemployment rate would drop a little bit instead of staying at 14.1%

Dumb ass you were asked

Who of the 30,000 are they calling? This wouldn't have anything to do with the DOJ suing Gallop would it?
If unemployment was truly this low at 7.8 don't you think blacks unemployment rate would drop a little bit instead of staying at 14.1%
The reality of the economy actually does justify the 7.8% seasonal adjusted rate as there are two different surveys that agree on it. The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood hates this country so much you refuse to face reality. Admit it, it kills you to say anything good about this great country.

The reality of the economy actually does justify the 7.8% seasonal adjusted rate as there are two different surveys that agree on it. The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood hates this country so much you refuse to face reality. Admit it, it kills you to say anything good about this great country.

No it doesn't, why are the black unemployment rates still at 14.1%

Yes it does, and racism still exists, blacks are still the last hired and the first fired.

Yes it does, and racism still exists, blacks are still the last hired and the first fired.

Are you saying blacks don't hire blacks?

all these funny little squiggles on your screen are called letters.

the letters make words, and the words, hold on now, this gets really complicated, have meanings.

none of the letters he posted add up to any of the words you seem to think they do.

lay off the lead paint chips and buy a dictionary, redneck. :thup:

good luck!

all these funny little squiggles on your screen are called letters.

the letters make words, and the words, hold on now, this gets really complicated, have meanings.

none of the letters he posted add up to any of the words you seem to think they do.

lay off the lead paint chips and buy a dictionary, redneck. :thup:

good luck!

I see you ate a bunch as a child short bus.
It was a simnple question before your stupid shit came along.
So tell me do blacks not hire other blacks?

Last edited:

Ahh yes..Blame whitey. Please.
Use another excuse. The race card is no longer an excuse.
The fact is numbers have been manipulated by a a host of groups who have it in their best interest in another Obama term.
And please, don't give us that nonsense about the reporting departments being non partisan. Just remember, the Secretaries in charge of those departments all serve at the pleasure of the President.
The fact is an increase of 114,000 jobs, a figure in dispute, could not in any way cause the U-3 rate to fall 0.03. Not unless the BLS was using some creative accounting. Such as simply reducing the number of people available for work AND reducing the number of available jobs. In fact, the BLS nor the Regime can or will actually define what a "job" is.
The math just does not add up. And the American people are watching.

To answer the original question, "Who are the unemployed":

The unemployed are deadbeat Obama supporters who suck off the welfare teet, and people who had jobs when Obama took office.

To answer the original question, "Who are the unemployed":

The unemployed are deadbeat Obama supporters who suck off the welfare teet, and people who had jobs when Obama took office.
Sorry but you are wrong. Its not a partisan issue unlike the bitch op would like you to believe

Ahh yes..Blame whitey. Please.
Use another excuse. The race card is no longer an excuse.
The fact is numbers have been manipulated by a a host of groups who have it in their best interest in another Obama term.
And please, don't give us that nonsense about the reporting departments being non partisan. Just remember, the Secretaries in charge of those departments all serve at the pleasure of the President.
The fact is an increase of 114,000 jobs, a figure in dispute, could not in any way cause the U-3 rate to fall 0.03. Not unless the BLS was using some creative accounting. Such as simply reducing the number of people available for work AND reducing the number of available jobs. In fact, the BLS nor the Regime can or will actually define what a "job" is.
The math just does not add up. And the American people are watching.
The fact is it not only can, it did!!! Just because you didn't want unemployment to go down, you would rather the American people suffer so your party can regain power, doesn't mean it didn't go down .3%

Forum List

Back