Who can relate? "I'm so glad I lived the years that really counted in my life when it really counted. I saw America once."

• Banned
Thoughts, no flames if that is even remotely possible.

What are you referring to when you say "I saw America once"? And when?
I want you to go deep in the crevices of your mind. I saw America once. And I've lived here all my life. Think deeply.

I grew up with Marcia, Greg, Cyndi, Bobby, Peter and the one I wanted to feel up, Jan.(Feeling chicks up then was sex)

I want you to go deep in the crevices of your mind. I saw America once. And I've lived here all my life. Think deeply.

I grew up with Marcia, Greg, Cyndi, Bobby, Peter and the one I wanted to feel up, Jan.(Feeling chicks up then was sex)
So you were feeling up underage teens how informative.

The woke will have ways of silencing people who remember the days when America was a land of liberty

The Brady Bunch was on from 1969 to 1974. I was 9 when it started and 14 when it ended. Life back then looks great, because I was a kid.

But during that same time just over 21,000 members of the US Military died in Vietnam.
The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964. It certainly did not end racism, but it was a major blow against it.
In 1965 the SCOTUS struck down a law restricting access to contraceptives for married couples only.
In 1965 the Voting Rights Act was passed.
In 1965 the Selma to Montgomery March was attacked and the participants beaten, by state troopers and local law enforcement.
In 1967 there were riots in Detroit and in Newark that rocked the nations.
In 1967 SCOTUS ruled in the case Loving v. Virginia, that the state could not stop interracial marriages. Richard & Mildred Loving were sentenced to a year in prison in 1958.
In 1968 Martin Luther King, Junior was assassinated
In 1968 Bobby Kennedy was assassinated.
In 1968 the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission made listing jobs by gender illegal. Women could finally apply for any job.
In 1969 the Stonewall Riots started the gay rights movement.

In 1970 the US invaded Cambodia, costing more American lives.
In 1972 we had Watergate, which shattered our trust of the gov't.
In 1972 was the first year women were allowed to run in the Boston Marathon. Katherine Switzer entered as "K.V.Switzer" in 1967, and an official tried catch her and remove her.
In 1973 the gasoline crisis started. Remember long lines for gas?
In 1974 the Equal Credit Opportunity Act made it illegal to require a woman to have her husband's signature to get a credit card.

So looking back with rose-colored glasses, and remembering TV shows, isn't remembering America. To claim that was America would depend on who you were. If you were a middle-class or better, white, protestant male, it was great. If you were a woman, a person of color or loved someone who was a different race, it was not. If you had sons that were draft age, you spent your time praying their number did not come up. And if your son was sent to Vietnam, you prayed he would come home. 58,000 did not. And for what?

• Banned

The Brady Bunch was on from 1969 to 1974. I was 9 when it started and 14 when it ended. Life back then looks great, because I was a kid.

But during that same time just over 21,000 members of the US Military died in Vietnam.
The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964. It certainly did not end racism, but it was a major blow against it.
In 1965 the SCOTUS struck down a law restricting access to contraceptives for married couples only.
In 1965 the Selma to Montgomery March was attacked and the participants beaten, by state troopers and local law enforcement.
In 1967 SCOTUS ruled in the case Loving v. Virginia, that the state could not stop interracial marriages. Richard & Mildred Loving were sentenced to a year in prison in 1958.
In 1968 the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission made listing jobs by gender illegal. Women could finally apply for any job.

In 1972 was the first year women were allowed to run in the Boston Marathon. Katherine Switzer entered as "K.V.Switzer" in 1967, and an official tried catch her and remove her.
In 1974 the Equal Credit Opportunity Act made it illegal to require a woman to have her husband's signature to get a credit card.

So looking back with rose-colored glasses, and remembering TV shows, isn't remembering America. To claim that was America would depend on who you were. If you were a middle-class or better, white, protestant male, it was great. If you were a woman, a person of color or loved someone who was a different race, it was not. If you had sons that were draft age, you spent your time praying their number did not come up. And if your son was sent to Vietnam, you prayed he would come home. 58,000 did not. And for what?
LBJ fucked us and Nam talk to him. I didn't ask for a list of all the bad shit, that has always been.

But now you lose your job over who you support for Prez. Have your reputation ruined for who you voted. Have you and your families life in danger.
And you talk about a gasoline crisis...LOl.

What a total total bummer you are for this thread. Just a total bummer

LBJ fucked us and Nam talk to him. I didn't ask for a list of all the bad shit, that has always been.

But now you lose your job over who you support for Prez. Have your reputation ruined for who you voted. Have you and your families life in danger.

It is called a reality check.

Whether it was LBJ, Kennedy or McNamara, it happened in what you the America you saw.

I don't know of anyone who lost their job over who they voted for. I know of people who lost their jobs because of crimes they committed.

Hey, if you want to remember fun tv shows and fantasies about feeling up Jan Brady, that is fine. Just don't pretend it was all rosie for everyone back then.

Whether it was LBJ, Kennedy or McNamara, it happened in what you the America you saw.

I don't know of anyone who lost their job over who they voted for. I know of people who lost their jobs because of crimes they committed.

Hey, if you want to remember fun tv shows and fantasies about feeling up Jan Brady, that is fine. Just don't pretend it was all rosie for everyone back then.
Omg. People aren't losing their jobs because of what they believe.................................LOL

This is exactly what I'm talking about. America is a shit hole caused by liberals.

Omg. People aren't losing their jobs because of what they believe.................................LOL

This is exactly what I'm talking about. America is a shit hole caused by liberals.

Who is losing their job because of what they believe?

I remember when men did not wear dresses that thought it was ok. Lol

And? If a man wants to wear a dress, who cares? Earlier in this thread you were talking about freedom.

And I see you aren't answering my question.

And? If a man wants to wear a dress, who cares? Earlier in this thread you were talking about freedom.

I call all liberal men, men in dresses. It is a noun. And this is the last post to this one.

Yes, that's true: Times are good for some people, and they're not so good for others.

Starting on January 20, they are going to be great for the Dems, not so good for the Pubs.

I was a teenager in the 1950s, which I remember as the best decade in my life.

a. My parents had enough money to send me to a nice private school so that I would not have to attend a public school that was starting to enroll a lot of, uh, ruffians.

b. Television was still in its infancy. I remember getting our first TV set. "Everyone" watched the comedian Milton Berle (there wasn't that much choice).

c. No one even talked about crime in Los Angeles. That was something that was limited to, uh, certain districts. I would walk at night near the university without any qualms whatsoever. Since then, the university district has, uh, changed.

d. The scourge of drugs had not yet destroyed so many lives and communities.

Yes, there were reports of unpleasantness in other parts of the country, but as a teenager, I did not pay much attention to them.

Ah! The 1950s, when people in big American cities could still walk down the street without being afraid of being attacked.

Last edited:

I call all liberal men, men in dresses. It is a noun. And this is the last post to this one.

You are welcome to call them whatever you want. It says more about you than about them.

donald trump. lol

Forum List

Back