Who have you seen/want to see in concert? Met in Person? ~ Damn I missed a Prince concert

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Damn, I put it off. I was so close to buying a ticket to see Prince. A good seat was like $500.00.
I saw David Bowie in the 1990's

Back in the 1970's I went to so many concerts in Seattle, I have forgotten
Some are
Led Zeppelin
ZZ Top
Johnny Winter
Days on the Green in the San Fran Bay area ~ Lynard Skinner
James Brown

I met the group Jefferson Starship ( I worked at a venue for a short time)

1980's
Rolling Stones ~ who invited me backstage lol
Met Jesse Collin Young and partied together.
Dan Folgenberg
Backstage of Jackson Browne ( my friend knew the drummer)
Montrose

1990's
Paul McCartney
David Bowie

Ok who is on your bucket list to see?

I saw in concert, in no particular order -

The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Kinks
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Cream
The Doors (with Morrison)
Jefferson Airplane
The Who
The Band (Dylan's)
Janis Joplin and the Holding Company
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Ten Years After
Led Zeppelin
The Jeff Beck Group
Jethro Tull
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
King Crimson
Steve Miller
Stevie Wonder
Weather Report
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Miles Davis
Freddie Hubbard
The Buddy Rich Big Band
The Herbie Hancock Sextet
Yes

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are a lot more.

Oh, I saw RATT too :laugh:

I saw The Youngbloods and Miles Davis. That's it. Too crowded. Too many.....ack...PEOPLE all smooshed together. So...nobody.

I saw The Youngbloods and Miles Davis. That's it. Too crowded. Too many.....ack...PEOPLE all smooshed together. So...nobody.

I saw the Youngbloods at a concert with a couple of other bands. They blew chunks.

One young teen band that blew me away unexpectedly was Gary and the Hornets of "Hi Hi Hazel" fame. They played with multiple bands including The Seeds and several others.

I enjoyed Buddy Miles and Earth, Wind and fire... I produced those concerts among several others.

I saw in concert, in no particular order -

The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Kinks
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Cream
The Doors (with Morrison)
Jefferson Airplane
The Who
The Band (Dylan's)
Janis Joplin and the Holding Company
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Ten Years After
Led Zeppelin
The Jeff Beck Group
Jethro Tull
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
King Crimson
Steve Miller
Stevie Wonder
Weather Report
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Miles Davis
Freddie Hubbard
The Buddy Rich Big Band
The Herbie Hancock Sextet
Yes

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are a lot more.

Oh, I saw RATT too :laugh:

Oh I love it, you were definitely into the 60's weren't you?

Lucky Lucky seeing the Beatles, Hendrix, Joplin, basically all of them are awesome.
Hard to say I am sure but what was your favorite experience?

Last edited:

I saw the Youngbloods at a concert with a couple of other bands. They blew chunks.

One young teen band that blew me away unexpectedly was Gary and the Hornets of "Hi Hi Hazel" fame. They played with multiple bands including The Seeds and several others.

I enjoyed Buddy Miles and Earth, Wind and fire... I produced those concerts among several others.

I think we have talked before about producing concerts... Did you meet the groups?

I think we have talked before about producing concerts... Did you meet the groups?

Yes. When Buddy Miles came a walking down from the gate at Sea Tac with his entourage he handed me a big coffee can to hold for him. It was full of Acapulco Gold. Maurice White late of E,W & Fire was a genuine man. John Lee Hooker, myself and a guitar playin local friend sat up all night drinking top shelf whisky and gobbling down a couple of huge buckets of KFC. Yes, I've met and got to know many "stars" Oh ya and the members of Yes and I partied all night with a bunch of hotties and a qtr lb of some of the finest Peruvian flake I provided. Good times!

I have you all beat.

There is nothing like having a front row seat for the trololo man.

I know, I hate crowds now... back then I never thought about the crowds. Everyone seemed mellow back then..Now everyone is uptight and angry..lol

Think that has a lot to do with getting old.
I used to love the party crowd,now I avoid it like the plague.

Yes. When Buddy Miles came a walking down from the gate at Sea Tac with his entourage he handed me a big coffee can to hold for him. It was full of Acapulco Gold. Maurice White late of E,W & Fire was a genuine man. John Lee Hooker, myself and a guitar playin local friend sat up all night drinking top shelf whisky and gobbling down a couple of huge buckets of KFC. Yes, I've met and got to know many "stars" Oh ya and the members of Yes and I partied all night with a bunch of hotties and a qtr lb of some of the finest Peruvian flake I provided. Good times!

Awesome that you met these people....partied all night..Maurice seemed to have that genuineness about him. I have been listening to them a lot lately .

Partied with Yes ... thumbs up..

Are you planning to go to any in the future..?

I went to a Grateful Dead concert in the late 1980's..It was like walking back in time to the 1960's. The people who followed them around were hard core hippies..lol..it was fun

I know, I hate crowds now... back then I never thought about the crowds. Everyone seemed mellow back then..Now everyone is uptight and angry..lol

I go to the grocery stores really early to avoid crowds. Huge crazy parties, and hitch hiking..Did you do that?

I saw the Eagles first concert when they first got back together at the Ritz Carleton in Aspen. If I remember right tickets were a cool five grand a piece with the proceeds all going to charity and they sold the venue out in something like fifteen minutes! I got in for free because I was skiing buddies with the Ritz Carleton's F&B manager. Great show...it's like they'd never stopped playing together.

I saw the Eagles first concert when they first got back together at the Ritz Carleton in Aspen. If I remember right tickets were a cool five grand a piece with the proceeds all going to charity and they sold the venue out in something like fifteen minutes! I got in for free because I was skiing buddies with the Ritz Carleton's F&B manager. Great show...it's like they'd never stopped playing together.

Now that was good luck to know the manager... $5,000 ykes. but the Eagles are so worth it if you have the money.
Do you think the band will come back? Differently of course..

I went in to the town next to mine today. omg. So BUSY. I almost had a panic attack and got the hell out of there.

Now that was good luck to know the manager... $5,000 ykes. but the Eagles are so worth it if you have the money.
Do you think the band will come back? Differently of course..

Glenn Fry has passed away...so I would doubt it. Great night of music though...

I go to the grocery stores really early to avoid crowds. Huge crazy parties, and hitch hiking..Did you do that?

Never did any hitch hiking but I do go to the grocery store early.

Never did any hitch hiking but I do go to the grocery store early.

I was hitch hiking to Seattle ( not alone) when Ted Bundy was there. I didn't know it then. Dumb but everyone seemed to be hitch hiking back then..
I just went on a cruise to Mexico,and it was jammed crowded . I got up t 5 am just to have my space.

What sport stars have you met?

Forum List

Back