Who here is an atheist?

Don't be silly. No other even in antiquity had more manuscripts that were written closer to the event in time. It's not even close.
Yet until they were written, Zeus had more play than YHWH. Therefore according to your argumentum ad biblio Zeus existed at that time.
And has absolutely nothing to do with the question is there a Creator. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.
It has to do with selective atheism. You apparently have no belief in Zeus, whose existence is supported by documentary records, the metric you use to establish the credibility of YHWH.

So is it your position that since those documents exist for Zeus, that Zeus was real and walked this planet?

Or is it that since Zeus isn't real, Jesus isn't real?
It is that historical documents are not evidence of gods and to introduce them as such is ludicrous.

My position is that there is only one Creator and your interpretation of my argument that if no one worships God then He doesn't exist is patently false.
Yet you imply Zeus doesn't exist because no religion informed by him exists. Is that correctly interpreted from your previous post, which I'll find if I have to do so?

I absolutely deny that atmospheric CO drive climate change. The data does not support it. That data you think you have is a model.
Funny that, observed temperatures seem to be in the lower predicted range in these models.

models_diff_masks.png

Comparing CMIP5 models and observations with consistent masking for unavailable observations (for HadCRUT3). A reference period of 1961-1990 is used everywhere, and when using the masked data the global mean is calculated as the separate average of NH and SH (as done by the Met Office and CRU) to ensure that the NH doesn't get more weight from the higher density of observations.
On comparing models and observations | Climate Lab Book

But there is a fatal flaw there...there is no "knowledge". None of those people have access to anything anyone else does not. They are all also just reading the bible and studying opinions of it.

A crucial point for anyone to remember when reading the Bible is, "It is not all about me." Much of it is about how people long ago saw God's interaction in the events of their own time. It is a mistake, I think, to bury one's head so much in past events that we are blind to what is taking place in our own lives. I was a mere tot when I decided I didn't want to just hear stories about how God entered the lives of people long ago. I wanted to find God in my own life. To my astonishment, people around me were of the mind that God didn't work like that any more--and probably never had in the lives of average, every day people. I kept in mind the instructions one had to knock, ask, seek--and to be persistent and diligent in this endeavor. This (in my experience) was not something one did steadily for days, weeks, months--but for years, even decades. (Take a look at how old Abraham, Noah, Moses, etc. were when they had their experiences.)
And then God "worked that way " in your life, right? Of course. Now, how do you suppose I so easily guessed the next step you took?

And then God "worked that way " in your life, right? Of course. Now, how do you suppose I so easily guessed the next step you took?

You guessed the next step? News to me. Sorry, I must have missed it or wasn't paying attention.

You guessed the next step? News to me. Sorry, I must have missed it or wasn't paying attention.
Once you realized God did work that way in our lives, He worked that way in your life. No?

Point is: you may mold your reason to your faith, but you also mold your faith to your reason. I think religion is "in the way that you use it". But who is to say who is correct? It cannot be known. I'm glad it works for you.

I'm a atheist but I do not subscribe to what I call modern atheism. This group has become the religion of hating other religions.

By the way I don't know of any real scientist who call it the Big Bang anymore. Its more like a rapid expansion of spacetime

Once you realized God did work that way in our lives, He worked that way in your life. No?

Point is: you may mold your reason to your faith, but you also mold your faith to your reason. I think religion is "in the way that you use it". But who is to say who is correct? It cannot be known. I'm glad it works for you.

Anything that can be used correctly, can be used incorrectly. Every correct answer has an incorrect one. This is not difficult to figure out.

Forum List

Back