🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who is opposed to a border fence and why?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Setting aside the disingenuous arguments about its cost and effectiveness, why are you opposed to a physical barrier to illegal immigration across our southern border? Please spare me the histrionics and tell me why we should not maintain our territorial integrity (like every other country in the world).

Setting aside the disingenuous arguments about its cost and effectiveness, why are you opposed to a physical barrier to illegal immigration across our southern border? Please spare me the histrionics and tell me why we should not maintain our territorial integrity (like every other country in the world).

Because the bulk of illegal immigrants are people who overstayed their visas. Visas like the ones Trump uses to import foreign workers to work at his domestic resorts. A wall won't stop that. It's just a waste of time, money, and resources. Illegal border crossing apprehensions have dropped to a 17-year low, even as we've added 10,000 more Border Patrol Agents over the last few years.

How about instead of spending $20B to build a stupid wall, we take that $20B and instead spend it on health care for people who actually need it?

If the wall is built, part of a future President's campaign is that he'll tear the disgraceful thing down.

Im not really against it, per se. But i do think its needless. If we went after the CAUSES of illegal immigration, we wouldnt have to worry about the EFFECTS.
Its basically a band aid because washington is too lazy/scared to fix the shit.
But i will take what i can get

If the wall is built, part of a future President's campaign is that he'll tear the disgraceful thing down.

Well, not quite a President's campaign, but the losing candidate's sure.

We were told for years that we must support infrastructure spending, and that 50+% tax rate is justified because of the infrastructure. The wall better be built.

Well, not quite President's, but the losing candidate's sure.

We were told for years that we must support infrastructure spending, and that 50+% tax rate is justified because of the infrastructure. The wall better be built.
It won't be

It won't be

Is this coming from the same guy who thought Trump can't win?

It must be true then...

It won't be

Is this coming from the same guy who thought Trump can't win?

It must be true then...
Take away the Russian sabotage and Comey's treason and Trump could never have won.

Im not really against it, per se. But i do think its needless. If we went after the CAUSES of illegal immigration, we wouldnt have to worry about the EFFECTS.
Funny? I assume you like band aids as well. Oh well. You arent alone

No Wall is needed. We don't go after the employers. Companies or homeowners at all.

Offer rewards to illegals to turn these Employers in.
Say, the illegal who rather be in Mexico.
Turns in employers, or people who pay you for services under the table.
The illegal will get 5%-10% of their gross income per year. For life!
Sent to Mexico. Turn in five you get 5-times more. The Country gets 10%
as well.

Issue resolved.

btw. Some farmers make 350K a year. That would be 35K tax-free to live in Mexico.

MAKE IT UNAFFORDABLE TO HIRE ILLEGALS....FFS! :thewave:

Last edited:
What is disingenuous about best bang for the buck? For the cost of building, maintaining and staffing a 2000 mile fence, I'd rather put the money into a virtual fence all around the US. We need to control illegal immigration, but we need immigration reform including stiffer penalties for those that aid and abet illegal immigrants. A defense in depth is superior to a single line defense on a single border.

Check out the effectiveness of France's Maginot Line on May 10th, 1940.

I want somebody to paint MY FENCE, CHEAP

Because the bulk of illegal immigrants are people who overstayed their visas. Visas like the ones Trump uses to import foreign workers to work at his domestic resorts. A wall won't stop that. It's just a waste of time, money, and resources. Illegal border crossing apprehensions have dropped to a 17-year low, even as we've added 10,000 more Border Patrol Agents over the last few years.

How about instead of spending $20B to build a stupid wall, we take that $20B and instead spend it on health care for people who actually need it?
False. Under the purple lipped jug head, who told the BP to stand down, they came across the border like flies.

I'm not opposed to a wall in populated areas, but the wall that some talk about across the entire southern border is a feel good measure that won't do squat. People will go over it, under it, around it, up the coast, etc.

Until we address the reason WHY illegals come here by...

#1 Ending birthright citizenship for those in the country illegally,

#2 Hammer employers (both companies and individuals that hire "under the table") for hiring illegals and making it much more expensive by far then employing legal residents,

#3 Restrict access to free education (K-12) and instate rates (post-secondary) [hell make schools mandatory reporters].

#4 Restrict access to social programs (housing assistance, food stamps, etc.),

#5 Restrict medical treatment to life saving emergency treatment, and then keep them in custody for deportation.

#6 And yes, to accomplish #2 we need a solid guest worker program where bonds are paid and employers become responsible for the workers (I'm thinking like a Temp Agency for migrant workers that brings them in and takes them home as part of the mandate).

We won't make anything but headlines and photo-ops for the politicians.

>>>>>

Yes, and the primary cause of illegal immigrants is people overstaying their visas. So either we need to stop issuing visas (unrealistic), or we need to hold the businesses that get the visas for those people more accountable. Beyond that, there isn't much we can really do. The ball's in business' court on this one. They're the ones bringing people into this country, then shirking responsibility for them once their visa expires. I think that's gotta change.

That will never happen
The wall will never happen. If somehow it does, the eventual tearing down is inevitable.
Like how all reservoirs will eventually fill with silt - long after we are gone
What is disingenuous about best bang for the buck? For the cost of building, maintaining and staffing a 2000 mile fence, I'd rather put the money into a virtual fence all around the US. We need to control illegal immigration, but we need immigration reform including stiffer penalties for those that aid and abet illegal immigrants. A defense in depth is superior to a single line defense on a single border.

Check out the effectiveness of France's Maginot Line on May 10th, 1940.

we are going to be attacked by armor columns from mexico?

Yes, and the primary cause of illegal immigrants is people overstaying their visas. So either we need to stop issuing visas (unrealistic), or we need to hold the businesses that get the visas for those people more accountable. Beyond that, there isn't much we can really do. The ball's in business' court on this one. They're the ones bringing people into this country, then shirking responsibility for them once their visa expires. I think that's gotta change.
Businesses are the main culprit. And the free shit we as a society give them.

Forum List

Back