Who Said Millenials Were Psychotic Moonbats?

Honestly, i agree the young generation is a bunch of entitled pussies. For the most part..
I blame technology and the parents laziness.
"lets buy them that new super nintendo. that will keep them out of our hair at night"

Most of the younger generation I am in contact with are hard working, have stayed in school and are expected to be responsible family members. Whether they are the unseen majority or not, I don't know...but I enjoy their company.

However - is there a price to be paid by a society that appears to place a higher value on career than home? I still believe that most parents want the best for their children - from the single mom on welfare to the medical professional to the high powered executive. It's great that we can be anything we want to be - as long as we don't forget to be there for our children.

Honestly, i agree the young generation is a bunch of entitled pussies. For the most part..
I blame technology and the parents laziness.
"lets buy them that new super nintendo. that will keep them out of our hair at night"

Most of the younger generation I am in contact with are hard working, have stayed in school and are expected to be responsible family members. Whether they are the unseen majority or not, I don't know...but I enjoy their company.

However - is there a price to be paid by a society that appears to place a higher value on career than home? I still believe that most parents want the best for their children - from the single mom on welfare to the medical professional to the high powered executive. It's great that we can be anything we want to be - as long as we don't forget to be there for our children.
Sure, they might want the best for them. They just dont want to pay as much attention to them. Too selfish.
Just my opinion.

Sure, they might want the best for them. They just dont want to pay as much attention to them. Too selfish.
Just my opinion.

May well be the case.

For a couple of generations now we've been sending the message to our children, maybe unintentionally, that our value is measured not in who we are, but what we are.

The unintended consequences of the two career family are weary child care givers (parents)...and latch key kids. Then comes the overcompensation - whether in stuff or activities - when a simple quiet dinner at home around the table would be the most productive. If we don't like the way society is heading, perhaps we should look at what we've left behind.

Forum List

Back