Who watches preseason NFL games?

Do you/can you watch NFL preseason games?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don't even watch pre-season now. What a total PC joke.
The various new Rules ( Including Kickoffs ) make it more interesting and a chance to see the last action by future HOFers ( I was at Jim Plunkett’s last game ( where he played almost a whole Half ) with the Raiders after winning two super bowls

I was at Jim Plunkett’s last game ( where he played almost a whole Half ) with the Raiders after winning two super bowls

I went to a Preseason game in 1970 with the Giants and the Jets
HOF QBs Joe Namath against Fran Tarkington
Both QBs played the whole game

I went to a Preseason game in 1970 with the Giants and the Jets
HOF QBs Joe Namath against Fran Tarkington
Both QBs played the whole game
Were they in their mid to late 30s and been beat up an entire carreer ( And did their teams have a trendy backup and a low draft pick on the bench ?

These games are unwatchable, probably only for fans of their own team, but I still find myself watching because there is top level (and not top level) college players, some drafted, some not, fighting for a roster spot.

Yesterday Mahomes played and made a defensive end look like he forgot which team he was on. Another kid I've never heard of was QB for the Raiders and he was throwing some great passes. Even Carson Wentz came in for Mahomes and looked like a superstar.

And, Trubisky is awful no matter how much he plays. I can't believe he still can't hit an open receiver and is still in the league.
degenerate betters is my guess. I can’t think of a reason to watch one on TV in 90% of the cases. If you have a top 5 or top 10 drafted skill position player and you want to see them for the first time...maybe.

Now, attending one in person; that’s different to me. Lots of times (with the Cardinals anyway) you can get prime seats for subprime prices, you sort of get the NFL experience with the pyros and what-have-you.

Nobody hates the “eventing” atmosphere in the NFL more than I do. The draft is an event. The combine is an event. The week before the super bowl is an event. The half time shows are events. Everything is branded and sponsored. But this is one area--in a game--I think the NFL could do a better job. In a game, when the team takes the field during introductions, there is a buzz, and energy. In preseason, they just sort of morph onto the field. Do better.

degenerate betters is my guess. I can’t think of a reason to watch one on TV in 90% of the cases. If you have a top 5 or top 10 drafted skill position player and you want to see them for the first time...maybe.

Now, attending one in person; that’s different to me. Lots of times (with the Cardinals anyway) you can get prime seats for subprime prices, you sort of get the NFL experience with the pyros and what-have-you.

Nobody hates the “eventing” atmosphere in the NFL more than I do. The draft is an event. The combine is an event. The week before the super bowl is an event. The half time shows are events. Everything is branded and sponsored. But this is one area--in a game--I think the NFL could do a better job. In a game, when the team takes the field during introductions, there is a buzz, and energy. In preseason, they just sort of morph onto the field. Do better.
The Draft sucks. Saturday and Sunday drafts were great. Most of the players are gone in a few years. The game needs to get rid of all of the psychedelic lighting from all of the huge video screens and ribbon boards. The ear-piercing sound from the speaker system needs to be reduced.

These games are unwatchable, probably only for fans of their own team, but I still find myself watching because there is top level (and not top level) college players, some drafted, some not, fighting for a roster spot.

Yesterday Mahomes played and made a defensive end look like he forgot which team he was on. Another kid I've never heard of was QB for the Raiders and he was throwing some great passes. Even Carson Wentz came in for Mahomes and looked like a superstar.

And, Trubisky is awful no matter how much he plays. I can't believe he still can't hit an open receiver and is still in the league.
and Trubisky was let go and then picked up again by the Bills for this season. it's all Josh Allen or nothing. yikes!

Forum List

Back