Who will get the economy back? Why? How?

If I thought Biden could at least match Trump in getting the economy back quickly and not dragging ass for 8 years blaming the predecessor like he and Obama did, I could be more optimistic about a Biden Administration. Trump will continue to keep regulations off businesses and less taxes for the Middle Class. Biden/Harris are already talking about Corporations and high income earners “paying their fair share” plus green deals. How will these policies expedite a return to a thriving economy compared to staying the course with Trump’s policies?

Green Economy is better job creator than industries like coal which is heavily automated now.

Trump wasn't really that good on the economy... Yes the unemployment was low but it was heading low when Obama left. The GDP growth was only average.. But he was borrowing 2% of GDP more than Obama... If Trump was so good why was he borrowing so much money? Trump borrowed money from the children to give the rich a tax cut...

If I thought Biden could at least match Trump in getting the economy back quickly and not dragging ass for 8 years blaming the predecessor like he and Obama did, I could be more optimistic about a Biden Administration. Trump will continue to keep regulations off businesses and less taxes for the Middle Class. Biden/Harris are already talking about Corporations and high income earners “paying their fair share” plus green deals. How will these policies expedite a return to a thriving economy compared to staying the course with Trump’s policies?
Yes the top 20% should pay their fair share, they have mega tax breaks.
All the Progs in the top 20% keep saying they want to pay. They don't though. They use the tax shelters and tax breaks that are available and do not have to.

Green Economy is better job creator than industries like coal which is heavily automated now.

Trump wasn't really that good on the economy... Yes the unemployment was low but it was heading low when Obama left. The GDP growth was only average.. But he was borrowing 2% of GDP more than Obama... If Trump was so good why was he borrowing so much money? Trump borrowed money from the children to give the rich a tax cut...

If only a green economy could keep the power running.
It can't!
See California.

When's the last time the market didn't depend on the expansion of Big Tech?
I don't know the answer to your question, but I suspect "dumb money" played a bigger role in last week's "record highs"

Investors Have Stampeded Out of Stock Funds for Two Weeks – So How Did the Stock Market Set a New High Every Day Last Week?

"It is also known as 'distribution' on Wall Street.

"That’s when the little guy is seduced into the stock market on the illusion that it is rocketing to one all time high after another.

"This gives the knowledgeable insiders that want out the necessary dumb money on which to dump their shares."

Yes the top 20% should pay their fair share, they have mega tax breaks.

Again, the top 20% already pay most of the tax bill. Cut spending, then we can talk "fair share".

It can't!
See California.
Im not in love with oil. If it's green, great. But, you can't currently switch to green without compromising the economy further.

It can't!
See California.
Im not in love with oil. If it's green, great. But, you can't currently switch to green without compromising the economy further.

Natural gas burns clean.

Joe Biden will get the economy back by implementing a coordinated national response to the pandemic and getting it under control. The economy will never come back until that is done.

Biden and Trump are both Keynesian. They're both trustees in central economic planning and economic intervention. They're both trustees in deficit finance. They're both trustees in inflationism.

They both peddle economic distortion. And because the electorate doesn't generally study economic theory and monetary policy, they tend to accept a complete distortion being sold as the greatest economy in the world when it couldn't be farther from the truth.

You need a genuine free market capitalist to get the legitimate economy in order.

Technically speaking, the electorate had very, very little purchasing power before and they have even less now. Savings continue to be robbed as the Keynesians continue to print away what little value the dollar had. I think it was about 4 cents prior to the 2016.

It's going to get much, much worse. So, pick your priorities. The illusion of choice, or survival.

Anyway. Given all of that, I think the real question op is asking, though inadvertently, is who is going to keep pawning off the economic distortion as some kind of great economy.

Last edited:
Joe Biden will get the economy back by implementing a coordinated national response to the pandemic and getting it under control. The economy will never come back until that is done.

Yeah, right.
Biden, you and everyone else is waiting on a vaccine.
Save your political hogwash! You demean yourself otherwise.

Yeah, right.
Done be silly. Of course a vaccine will help, but do you really want to wait that long?

Yeah, right.
Done be silly. Of course a vaccine will help, but do you really want to wait that long?

Everyone has no choice!

Yeah, right.

Everyone has no choice!
We don't? Wear your mask, social distance, and stay out of crowded places.

It's not rocket science.

It can't!
See California.

Natural gas burns clean.

It does. But can we switch over immediately and have it run the Economy cost effectively??

Yeah, right.

Everyone has no choice!
We don't? Wear your mask, social distance, and stay out of crowded places.

It's not rocket science.

Except for ANTIFA, BLM protests and high profile funerals, wear your masks and keep socially distant.

Forum List

Back