who's your favorite Beatle?

the 5th one...ol whats his face

stuart sutcliffe

The term "the 5th Beatle" could mean any number of people.

Harrison said that there were only two "fifth Beatles," Derek Taylor and Neil Aspinall while McCartney said that if anyone was the fifth Beatle, it was Epstein. George Martin is sometimes called "the 5th Beatle" as well. Then there is the whole list of musicians who contributed to Beatles songs and albums, and of course Sutcliffe and Best.

Epstein was their manager and Paul is obsessed with money, so that makes sense. Epstein's death probably prevented them from making a few more albums.
Eric Clapton on while my guitar? :lol:

George Harrison, he for one wrote my favorite Beattle song.
Which one?

"Favorite Beatles songs" would also make a great thread. One of my favorites is "Real Love" the version the three survivors did of one of John's post-Beatles songs. It's also one of the greatest music videos ever IMO:
[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=tt3mOimgyc8]YouTube - The Beatles - "Real Love"[/ame]

Also, "Free as a Bird" not necessarily for the song itself, but the visuals in the video. At the end of this video, when the camera pans down to reveal a vacant Abbey Road crosswalk.... No more Beatles...
[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=xI4cKIXWBEY]YouTube - The Beatles - Free As A Bird (stereo)[/ame]

My favorite is George Harrison. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is probably the best Beatle song. And, for christs sakes... He, Patti Boyd and Eric Clapton gave us the Layla Sessions through their rock and roll story affairs.

My favorite is George Harrison. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is probably the best Beatle song. And, for christs sakes... He, Patti Boyd and Eric Clapton gave us the Layla Sessions through their rock and roll story affairs.

I agree that is the best Beatles song, I'd say Lennon is my favorite with Harrison being a VERY close second.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps as Elvis said above, Clapton on lead guitar and everything.

which gives their patti boyd connection a deeper rock and roll story flair. I read a bio of Harrison and the autobio of Clapton last summer. Very interesting to get two sides of that relationship.

John wrote my favorite song ("I Am The Walrus"), but I think Paul would have been a much nicer person to be around.

When I was a young girl, Paul was my favorite. When I grew up, John replaced him. He was a superior musical talent, imo.

Forum List

Back