🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why a Muslim Cannot be President of the United States

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
http://www.amazon.com/Bernard-Lewis/e/B000AP9JRK

I suggest that liberals and idiots like Joe Scarborough, who criticized Dr. Carson for his comments, read Dr. Bernard Lewis of Princeton. There is no separation of Church and state according to Islam. A republican democracy is impossible in the Muslim world. (please don't throw Turkey at me...a total joke)

I suggest that liberals and idiots like Joe Scarborough, who criticized Dr. Carson for his comments, read Dr. Bernard Lewis of Princeton. There is no separation of Church and state according to Islam. A republican democracy is impossible in the Muslim world. (please don't throw Turkey at me...a total joke)
Turkey has been a functioning democracy since 1920.

That has nothing to do with the idea that a Muslim may be elected president. It is fundamentally counter to US values to disqualify a candidate because of their religion. It is nor more or less disgusting for the right to do it here than it was for the left that did it to Romney because he was a Mormon.

Further, to be a Muslim does not mean that you believe that there is no separation of church and state. There is no homogeneous Christian belief on government and no homogeneous belief from Muslims either. Faith, and its precepts, are a VERY personal matter. It is certainly valid to point out the generally held belief from Muslims that Muslim law should be the law of the land if one were to be running and then ask them how they viewed it. It is also reasonable to not elect one because they hold such a view. It is not, however, reasonable to simply assume such and say they are unqualified simply because they are Muslim.

Most of those claiming that a Muslim is unfit for the office are NOT doing so because of what Muslims believe - they are saying so simply because they are Muslims and then trying to justify the bigotry afterword.

Islam , Christians , Jewish, it's all pretty much the same Old Testament beliefs .

It works for us because our Christians are a bunch of phonies who pick n choose what part of the religion to follow and which to ignore .

(please don't throw Turkey at me...a total joke)
(*throws a turkey at Bush92*)

So you like your data cherry picked, eh? Throw out empirical evidence which refutes your claims.

There is no separation of Church and state according to Islam.

In those Islamic nations where there is no separation of Mosque and State, how's that working out for them?

About as well as when there was no separation of Church and State in Europe, wouldn't you say?

I guess our Founders knew what the hell they were doing!

Islam , Christians , Jewish, it's all pretty much the same Old Testament beliefs .

It works for us because our Christians are a bunch of phonies who pick n choose what part of the religion to follow and which to ignore .
You are rapidly gaining a reputation as the most ignorant 'tard here. Keep going. Remind us how Christians have Old Testament beliefs.
You wouldnt know the Old Testament from an Old Testacle.

I suggest you read the Constitution.

Oh hell- I know you won't bother to read it but here is the relevant part

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Despite Conservatives desire for imposing religious tests to be President- its not going to happen.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Despite Conservatives desire for imposing religious tests to be President- its not going to happen.
We don't need a religious test. What needs to be done is select particular countries and restrict immigration from those countries. The law does not need to specify why those countries were chosen.

Turkey is a corrupt authoritarian nation.

Turkey is a corrupt authoritarian nation.
Not really. Corrupt, yes. But they have free elections and dealt Erdogan a setback recently. Erdogen is an Islamist piece of shit, of course. But Turkey is hardly Syria or even Egypt.

That has nothing to do with the idea that a Muslim may be elected president. It is fundamentally counter to US values to disqualify a candidate because of their religion. It is nor more or less disgusting for the right to do it here than it was for the left that did it to Romney because he was a Mormon.

Further, to be a Muslim does not mean that you believe that there is no separation of church and state. There is no homogeneous Christian belief on government and no homogeneous belief from Muslims either. Faith, and its precepts, are a VERY personal matter. It is certainly valid to point out the generally held belief from Muslims that Muslim law should be the law of the land if one were to be running and then ask them how they viewed it. It is also reasonable to not elect one because they hold such a view. It is not, however, reasonable to simply assume such and say they are unqualified simply because they are Muslim.

Most of those claiming that a Muslim is unfit for the office are NOT doing so because of what Muslims believe - they are saying so simply because they are Muslims and then trying to justify the bigotry afterword.
The reason a Muslim could NOT be a POTUS is because they would have to defy Islam to enforce Constitution. No Muslim can do that and be true to the tenets of their faith. SO THEY WONT RUN UNLESS THEY HAVE AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE.

Trust me...I know the Constitution backwards and forwards pal.

We don't need a religious test. What needs to be done is select particular countries and restrict immigration from those countries. The law does not need to specify why those countries were chosen.

LOL.....and then Evangelicals will be whining about how the poor oppressed(and they really are poor and oppressed) Christians from Iraq are not being allowed into the country.

And of course none of that has anything to do with the OP's Conservative cry for there to be a religious test to be President.

The reason a Muslim could NOT be a POTUS is because they would have to defy Islam to enforce Constitution. No Muslim can do that and be true to the tenets of their faith. SO THEY WONT RUN UNLESS THEY HAVE AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE.

Shades of the campaign against John F. Kennedy.

"No Catholic can be President because they would not defy the Pope to enforce the Constitution"

Same religious bigots- different religion.

Trust me...I know the Constitution backwards and forwards pal.

Now if you would just read it sometime.

Forum List

Back